Thread: Resident Evil 2 remake

Resident Evil 2 remake

My god, what a great remake! i've been a fan of the franchise since i was 15 when the first game came out and the second one blew me away, now 20 years after the original RE 2 which was one of my fave games ever, the remake is excellent with updated graphics, same story and new stuff added with an RE 4 feel to the controls and all.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I look forward to playing it, but it is going to be bitter sweet for me. I played all of the RE games with my brother and he lost his battle with Cancer last week. I am not ready to turn my XBox on yet, I just cannot do it. My hubby linked me to videos of my brother and I playing games and I had a total break down. I am so happy to hear they did a good job with it. He was really looking forward to playing it and I am too when I am ready.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Widget
    Boyfriend's out Leon Kennedy is in, this has been my favorite game among the other Resident Evil games.

This is what Remake supposed to be. A success that brings new life while combining old and new stuff. Since I'm not a big fan of Survival Horror game but those stream does cheer me up.

Now....... if System Shock remake/reboot would explode the console/computer.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

This is a wonderful game - with a couple of really bad design choices... not enough to turn people away, but enough to leave a bit of a bad taste in your brain.

I love the redesigned character models, and the weapons are amazing. Plus, this game will (not maybe, but WILL) scare the pants off of you... play it in dim lights with the surround sound on for full effect! Or, at the least, wear headphones while playing... I cannot overstate the need for total sound immersion. The sound design team (music, SFX, ambiance) deserve an award for this game - seriously, without the sound this game's rating would drop by a large margin.

P.S. There is already a discussion about this game in the console wars thread...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Managed to get through Claire A/Leon B on Hardcore for my first experience with the game (leaning heavily on my classic RE training to ration out my ammo and ink ribbon saves). Glad I did. It was a tense experience, but felt amazing to finally finish.

I think I may have mentioned this in the other thread, but facing the dogs with Claire was such a tense experience that I broke my PS4 controller because I was pushing L3 so hard to run. Actually cracked the controller because I was squeezing and bending it so hard without realizing it. First time I've ever done that.

But yeah, the game is absolutely amazing. The graphics are amazing, the sound design is perfect, and it absolutely feels like the very best survival horror from days of yore.

My only real complaint, and it's semi-minor, is that I wish they had put more work into the A/B scenarios. They aren't obviously happening side-by-side like the originals (running into Birkin and fighting him once in a location, then finding him getting back up and wounded with the second character when they come through, for example), but more like alternate takes that assume whomever you're playing at that moment had the full experience and the other character was just doing something else. Bosses and character interactions happen the exact same way with both characters that are just impossible, which is a bummer, because I know they could have done a more cohesive story. Also, I'm a little bummed that a couple enemy types were left out, as ever since the first REmake I was imagining how their they could have been implemented in a remake of 2.

But that's really all I have to say that's negative. Honestly, this is one of the very best games I've played in a long time and was just so much fun to play. It's even more fun going back to and replaying because it's actually a lot of fun (and quite easy) to start looking for ways to shave down your playtime and get better rankings. I chopped my second hardcore run-through down by 5 hours alone, and I expect to knock that down another couple of hours at least on my current Standard run knowing where everything is and knowing the tactics I picked up. Like just knifing every Licker. Every one is a piece of cake if you knife it from behind. Or just knowing what rooms X can't enter and dashing my way around the RPD a bit more confidently. I swear, three quarters of my first playthrough was spent hiding in one place from X.
    Last edited by Galmorzu; February 12, 2019 at 01:59pm.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    LOL! I wasted loads of bullets trying to kill those dogs. I should have run. I'm kicking myself over that!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I absolutely hated the parking garage with Leon until I realized I could push the door open and shoot the doggos through it while the door was open and they couldn't cross the doorway to get at me. That's saved me so much heartache in my second playthrough, but I still don't have any good tactics with Claire getting to the Orphanage. I've seen people just run by all those dogs, but I never have that kind of luck.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa