Thread: Who here lives in China?

Who here lives in China?

I know it's random but I was curious if anyone currently lives there or is Chinese? Thanks!
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Don't live there, but belong to that ethnic group. Parents originally from there.

Widget
    My boyfriend is half Chinese I've been in China a lot of times.

I’d like to visit one day.

Can anyone translate this comic? (Taken from Joe Amato's FB)

chinesecomic.jpg
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Can anyone translate this comic? (Taken from Joe Amato's FB)

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...8&d=1549538446

chinesecomic.jpg
    Best I could do:

Frame 1: Reported to the President, the radar force reported that there was a large force in the Magic Palace planet coming to us.

Frame 2: I ordered all residents of R Planet to enter First-level alert status.

Frame 3a: Yes, connect (???) command!

Frame 3b: Guard captain, there is an emergency, please come to the headquarters immediately!

I am interested in a woman I work with. She is Chinese and I'm American. I was just curious the steps to approaching her. I presume they are different than our relaxed methods. I want to proper and respectful.

- - - Updated - - -

I was also hoping someone could help me out with Toaboa.

Also, is there places to buy "replica" name brand shoes without having to order through DHgate or Aliexpress?
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Master of New Adventures!
    Dice, you're a man of many talents and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Best I could do:

Frame 1: Reported to the President, the radar force reported that there was a large force in the Magic Palace planet coming to us.

Frame 3b: Guard captain, there is an emergency, please come to the headquarters immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Dice, you're a man of many talents and skills.
    Haha thanks Jack but I'm just a problem solver that enjoys doing it. All the credit goes to the Google translate app for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Best I could do:

Pretty good!

Frame 3a would probably be better translated as: "Roger, copy that!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    I am interested in a woman I work with. She is Chinese and I'm American. I was just curious the steps to approaching her. I presume they are different than our relaxed methods. I want to proper and respectful.

- - - Updated - - -
    I think it would be good to try find out if she grew up here first was only came to your country fairly recently, as well as her age, because all of those factors would play a part in her cultural make-up and what your approach should be.

Generally, if both of you have a group of mutual friends or colleagues, I think organising an initial catch-up where everyone's invited would be a good start - perhaps to a lunch or dinner. That way you wouldn't make her uncomfortable, and then you could gradually get to know her more as a person, before asking to have a one-on-one catch-up.

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    I was also hoping someone could help me out with Toaboa.

Also, is there places to buy "replica" name brand shoes without having to order through DHgate or Aliexpress?
    Did you mean Taobao? Sorry ... I have zero confidence about buying from that site. But a friend of mine uses it fairly often so he kinda knows who to buy from - anything you're after in particular? I could ask him for tips.