Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Club Grayskull Wave 3 Shipping/Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Finally got my BBTS She-Ra. Finally got a sample with straight eyes! A few paint QC issues, and the ankles are a bit loose, but not terrible. I sprayed her with matte to take away the gloss. I am pleased!
    https://i.imgur.com/alSgREg.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/t5e0Hqa.jpg
    Congrats.

I can't wait to have mine but it will still be for a while. I however won't do the matte spray technique, all my Super7 figures is ok by itself, the figure shine seems to be "worse" only on photos. My Teela and Sorceress are both ok imho.

But i respect those who uses matte paint on their figures, it does closely resemble the painted prototype after this matte painting technique.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; Yesterday at 10:36am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Congrats.

I can't wait to have mine but it will still be for a while. I however won't do the matte spray technique, all my Super7 figures is ok by itself, the figure shine seems to be "worse" only on photos. My Teela and Sorceress are both ok imho.

But i respect those who uses matte paint on their figures, it does closely resemble the painted prototype after this matte painting technique.

The gloss really isn't that bad on this wave. It's more a matter of personal preference. I tend to prefer matte finish on everything. I have even sprayed other toylines as well.

The gloss really isn't that bad on this wave. It's more a matter of personal preference. I tend to prefer matte finish on everything. I have even sprayed other toylines as well.
    It does make the figure of yours nice.

By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Finally got my BBTS She-Ra. Finally got a sample with straight eyes! A few paint QC issues, and the ankles are a bit loose, but not terrible. I sprayed her with matte to take away the gloss. I am pleased!
    https://i.imgur.com/alSgREg.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/t5e0Hqa.jpg
    What Matte spray do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    That She-Ra is beautiful.

Actually that's the best one I've seen! She looks pretty ok! the one I had the eye wonk was terrible. Sold it for 90 on EBAY and ordered a new one from BBTS for 50. Fingers crossed she half as pretty as yours.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    What Matte spray do you use?
    I use Tamiya Color Flat Clear spray. You can find it mostly on hobby sites and ebay. I love it.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Tamiya-Spray-...5803027&chn=ps

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I am happy-ish with my She-Ra, but I think and will continue to think that her mis-stamped/derpy eyes take away from her true Filmation look. She is Filmation-ish. IMO I have yet to see one single pic that looks like the one pictured above. All the eyes are off in some manner. I like her but she just doesn't hit the Filmation mark like the other three do.
    Agreed. As many have said before, painting the faces really makes them look so much more toon accurate, and she needs it. I also think that the female characters have such delicate features that they have to be executed better to look right. If you look at the prototype and then the production She-Ra, not only is the painted skin tone better but the attention in the eyes and shape of the lips is a big part of what captures the likeness.

I think the She-Ra sculpt survived tooling better than Teela, she just needs a repaint. So far I have repainted all of the Super 7 females and they look so much better.

Well I received my two She-Ra's from BBTS and I'll join the chorus of those saying she looks absolutely fantastic in person. To me she came out perfect, this is the Filmation She-Ra I've been wanting for over 30 years!

20190325_135214.jpg

20190325_135239.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Khev; Today at 03:02pm.

Looks like BBTS got all the good ones! So glad I ordered an additional one from them!

Looks like BBTS got all the good ones! So glad I ordered an additional one from them!
    Yep, she's a total winner, glad I ordered two.

Obviously she doesn't match that one convention prototype but she *does* match S7's official promo image as long as you get a good one. I think that this is the best She-ra figure ever made bar none. Well done S7, keep it up!