Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Castle Grayskull

I'm eagerly excited to get this, even though I'm a genuine LEGO collector, builder and brick designer. I'm getting more than one eventually when the price drops down.

Can't wait to see this brick line thriving with time, so much potential awaits it.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Widget
    It's making it's way around the internet now & even on Mega Construx website w/ some dimensions. (Also picture of the box).
    https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-au/c...l-sneak-peek_1

Cool, I didn’t notice before that He-Man comes with an Alcala power sword.

Have these images been shared yet? They're on the pre-order page on Amazon.
    815wgtgI61L._SY879_.jpg

81LvSyCe-bL._SL1500_.jpg
    A critical cricket is a cricketal critic.

I pre-ordered it from this website in Belgium, I know the guy who runds the site, he’s a great dude.

For those of you in Europe, he can currently order it from the States and offer it for. EUR 350,00. That’s the cheapest I’ve found in Europe, other sites are usually 380-399 Euros.

If you want this, you can order it here: https://www.wawc.be/star-wars/castle...ion-set-constr
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Thanks for the internal pics OBN!

Did we know about the Goddess Teela figure?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

No, we only knew there’d be a Teela included but not that it’d be a variant.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Green Goddess Teela was in the one of the pictures that Bat4life1 included at the start of the thread. That picture of the figures also showed the Sorceress, red Beastman, and moustachless Man-at-Arms.

Mega Construx did a sneak peek back in February, it has the box art and also an image each of He-Man and Skeletor (they're a little different from the already released versions too).

https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/c...l-sneak-peek_1

So this is coming out next month, right?

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Gosh I really want this but the logical, only parent of 3 tells me no.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    So this is coming out next month, right?
    GameStop is now saying May 15th (!)
    Kreann’Ot N’Norosh is my copilot.

Oh wow! Bring it on!

Amazon still lists June 30th release date. Both Game Stop and Amazon are at $249.99 price tag. Anyone see it any lower (US)?

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Yes, this has been known since February:

Quote Originally Posted by Harbi View Post
    New detailed pictures and a cheaper price at $224.99 at paulmartstore

Click to preorder

Attachment 119432
    I haven't had occasion to buy anything from Paulmartstore, but he is a registered He-Man.org forum member with a marketplace rating that you can look up.
    Maybe there will be other retailers that will start to list the product as well when it's closer to the actual release date.

Does anyone have an estimate of the dimensions of the castle? I'm trying to figure out if I have room on my shelf, but I think the dimensions listed on the websites are for the box and not the actual built building...

Nevermind, found the picture with the actual dimensions on it:

https://s3.megabrandsmedia.com/2019/...1550235150.png
    Last edited by kernunrex; May 11, 2019 at 03:27pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Just got into MOTU Construx, so just discovered this thread. This forthcoming Castle Grayskull looks superb, and I don't mind the "blocky" appearance, given that it fits with the bricks that make up the castle. I was a huge fan of the 1980's Vintage version, though don't have this anymore. Never got the MOTU Classics version due to the expensive price point.

However, I don't anticipate getting this, for two reasons:

-This is way overpriced @ $250.00, especially given that it's a relatively small "playset". The MOTU Classics CG was only about $100 more (MSRP) & was much, much bigger. I don't care that they're charging more for this Construx due to the "Lego-like" aspect of the pieces; it's still way too expensive.

-It will take forever to put together.

Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    -This is way overpriced @ $250.00, especially given that it's a relatively small "playset". The MOTU Classics CG was only about $100 more (MSRP) & was much, much bigger. I don't care that they're charging more for this Construx due to the "Lego-like" aspect of the pieces; it's still way too expensive.
    It's $0.07 / brick, which is generally how you calculate the value of these things. Compared to the soon-to-be-released Tantive IV from LEGO -- $199.99 & 1768 pieces = $0.11 / brick -- this is a great price. Admittedly, Mega bricks aren't as well-made as LEGO, so there's that (though they have gotten much better recently). It's also cheaper than the Mega Wind Raider, which was a LEGO-like $0.10 / brick.

Quote Originally Posted by kernunrex View Post
    It's $0.07 / brick, which is generally how you calculate the value of these things. Compared to the soon-to-be-released Tantive IV from LEGO -- $199.99 & 1768 pieces = $0.11 / brick -- this is a great price. Admittedly, Mega bricks aren't as well-made as LEGO, so there's that (though they have gotten much better recently). It's also cheaper than the Mega Wind Raider, which was a LEGO-like $0.10 / brick.
    Awesome data. Thanks!

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Stores don't have it yet. The May 15 release date on Gamestop has been amended, and that might have been a placeholder date they selected.
    The user "Kevin_MCX" shared an in-progress build photo on the Megaconstrux site.

The outer box contains a few inner boxes with sharp-looking art, and the bags do have numbers.

Wow, looks awesome! Can't wait to get this
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I did notice BBTS changed their shipping date from May to June.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

This...damn it...looks like something I'm going to need to buy. I've never built a set from Mega Construx, and the Lego brand enthusiast in me has always been skeptical but...this will get me!

Just need it to show up somewhere in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    This...damn it...looks like something I'm going to need to buy. I've never built a set from Mega Construx, and the Lego brand enthusiast in me has always been skeptical but...this will get me!

Just need it to show up somewhere in Canada.
    Amazon.com

I love the idea of this. It looks great everywhere...except where it needs to. That skull and those teeth look REEEAAALLL bad. It's like a over bushy mustache. Which would be fine, but it's teeth. $250.00 for something that would annoy me every time I looked at it is just too much. Good luck to everyone looking to get one.