Thread: Support for a Texeira Skeletor in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior

Support for a Texeira Skeletor in MOTUC

We've had several interpretations and variants of Skeletor in MOTUC, from vintage toy version right up to the two forthcoming movie versions. But the best representation of Skeletor is still missing from the roster.

The Skeletor I'd most like to see is the one from the Series Two minicomics, as drawn by Mark Texeira. (Inks and colours by Tod Smith and Anthony Tollin.) Texeira created a Skeletor which perfectly complemented Gary Cohn's stories.

In Series One Alfredo Alcala created a design which is rightly celebrated and has been recreated in MOTUC. But for me Texeira's hardened strategist beats Alcala's ghoulish psychopath. 'Texeira Skeletor' was the one which shaped my interpretation of Eternia's villain.

There is so much expression on that angular face in every drawing. It was this Skeletor which made me read the Series Two minis over and over. Everyone has their favourites, but for me 'Texeira Skeletor' stands above all others. I'd love to see him in the Classics.

Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Id buy that head ver for sure...

Heck id take a full back of Skelly heads from different medias..
    GIMME TOYS!-

This has been one of my top wants for many years, along with the Mark Taylor b-sheet version. To me, Alcala Skeletor trumps all others, but the Tex and Langella versions are close behind. Now that two of the three are mostly done-- we still don't have a full Alcala Skeletor, but with the head and released figures, we can get close enough-- Tex Skeletor is more than worthy to stand alongside them!

I really like it.

Count me in!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd buy this for sure, always have been a fan of this style

• New head
    • Lighter blue skin
    • Modified armor
    • Blue gloves
    • Shin pads
    • 5 toed feet
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'd buy this for sure, always have been a fan of this style

• New head
    • Lighter blue skin
    • Modified armor
    • Blue gloves
    • Shin pads
    • 5 toed feet
    Absolutely. Thanks for mentioning the other details which I neglected to do in my post. The lighter skin is an important detail. On occasion it was so pale it was almost white.

This version of Skeletor is the definitive Lord of Destruction
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Tex Skeletor is my favorite version next to filmation version... hope he gets made soon.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    I am all for Mark Texeira version of all the characters from the 7 mini-comics that he drew. This is my absolute favorite era of MOTU media tie-ins.
    We already have Procrustus and Texeira Trap-Jaw and from Power Con 2 years ago. I'd love to get Skeletor, Beastman, Tri-Klops, Teela, Sorceress plus other characters like the various beasts, troopers and demons that inhabited that wave of mini-comics.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeR601 View Post
    I am all for Mark Texeira version of all the characters from the 7 mini-comics that he drew. This is my absolute favorite era of MOTU media tie-ins.
    We already have Procrustus and Texeira Trap-Jaw and from Power Con 2 years ago. I'd love to get Skeletor, Beastman, Tri-Klops, Teela, Sorceress plus other characters like the various beasts, troopers and demons that inhabited that wave of mini-comics.
    Glad you're a fan of the 'Series Two Era'. As for beasts and demons, I couldn't agree more. My favourite is the Glorm.

But I also really want to see an army builder set of the Ochre Trolls (my name). Skeletor is the only villain still without an army! These creatures would be perfect, especially as they were the first time we ever saw Skeletor with troops in the minicomics.

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    Im totally in for that!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Glad you're a fan of the 'Series Two Era'. As for beasts and demons, I couldn't agree more. My favourite is the Glorm.

http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/most-wanted41.jpg

But I also really want to see an army builder set of the Ochre Trolls (my name). Skeletor is the only villain still without an army! These creatures would be perfect, especially as they were the first time we ever saw Skeletor with troops in the minicomics.

http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/most-wanted51.jpg
    In addition to the Glorm and Ochre Trolls I love the design of the following others:

The Alien Soldiers Chasing after Trap Jaw in "The Menace of Trap Jaw"

Texeira Trap Jaw Aliens.png

The Purple Demons battling Tri-Klops in "The Terror of Tri-Klops"

Texeira Tri-Klips Demons.png

The Demon rising from the Pit in "The Ordeal of Man-E-Faces"

Texeira Pit Demon 1.png

There is also the unique look Texeira gives to the Eternian Palace Guards:

Texeira Palace Guard.png

As for Major characters: I think the Man-at-Arms, Stratos, Mer-Man and Man-E-Faces figures that have already been released are good representations of "Wave Two" (Some of them only had VERY minor appearances in Wave Two).

But, I'd love to see a Beast Man, Teela, Tri-Klops and Goddess/Sorceress released to look like Texeira's art.

Texeira Beastman.pngTexeira Tri-Klops 2.pngTexeira Goddess and Teela.png

I also would love the "Combined" Teela/Goddess from "The Tale of Teela"

Texeira Goddess Combined.png

He-Man could have a bonus head sculpt released to give him a Texeira look.

Texeira He-Man face.png

Ram-Man could use a recolor.

Texeira Ram Man.jpg

This is mostly all a pipe dream of course...but its fun to imagine a time in which the 7 "Wave Two" comics were inspiring this many different figures.

Heroic Warrior
    In addition to the Glorm and Ochre Trolls I love the design of the following others:

Texeira Pit Demon 1.png

Texeira Palace Guard.png

As for Major characters: I think the Man-at-Arms, Stratos, Mer-Man and Man-E-Faces figures that have already been released are good representations of "Wave Two" (Some of them only had VERY minor appearances in Wave Two).

But, I'd love to see a Beast Man, Teela, Tri-Klops and Goddess/Sorceress released to look like Texeira's art.

Texeira He-Man face.png

Texeira Ram Man.jpg

This is mostly all a pipe dream of course...but its fun to imagine a time in which the 7 "Wave Two" comics were inspiring this many different figures.
    Some great suggestions here. This era is a rich vein to tap. Regarding Ram-Man, I've always been disappointed we never got a jovial head sculpt, just two closed-eyes versions.

Texeira Pit Demon 1.png

Texeira Palace Guard.png

Texeira He-Man face.png

Texeira Ram Man.jpg

ALLLLLLLL of this, please!!!
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Yes, please!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, yes, yes! To ALL of the above!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.