View Poll Results: How many comic books do you own?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

0 0%
  • In the single digits

1 8.33%
  • In the double digits (10, 20, 30, etc....)

2 16.67%
  • In the triple digits (100, 200, 300, etc...)

0 0%
  • In the quadruple digits (1,000, 2,000, 3,000, etc...)

7 58.33%
  • In the quintuple digits (10,000, 20,000, 30,000, etc...)

2 16.67%
  • In the sextuple digits (100,000, 200,000, 300,000, etc...)

0 0%

Thread: How many comic books do you own?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

How many comic books do you own?

How many comic books do you own?

Feel free to provide an exact or approximate number if you know it and want to share.
    Last edited by The All American; February 28, 2019 at 05:45pm.

I'd estimate 2000-3000 these days. (Counting only single issues, not my trades or hardcovers.) I severely pared down my collection nearly a decade ago, keeping only the stuff that most mattered. This amounted to stuff like my MOTU comics, complete James Robinson Starman, a huge box containing about 2/3 of Marvel's Savage Sword of Conan, Sin City, Simpsons comics, and my Batman collection. The latter makes up the vast majority of what I have left, complete runs of Batman and Detective, along with related series, stretching from 2011 back into the late 70s, with a smattering of older issues. I stopped buying single issues almost completely, and transitioned to trade waiting (which I had started doing for most series anyway by that time) and following a few select series digitally. These days, I've gotten to where I only bother buying trades for a handful of current series anymore, preferring instead to catch up on stuff digitally when Amazon/Comixology is running a sale. Space is always at a premium, so while I miss making regular trips to the comic store and coming home with a fresh stack to read, the space gained and the money saved makes it well worth it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I have 9 long boxes full of comics and probably a short box left over of various other comics so about 2700-3000 comics.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

12 long boxes, down from 15. Still about 9 too many.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

I’m probably near 3-4,000. I was very into Batman and related titles for ages, then cooled it for a bit until Flashpoint and the first year of the New 52. Lately though, my pulls consist only of Marvel and IDW’s Star Wars titles and my very favorite, IDW’s TMNT series. (If you’ve never read it, do so! It’s amazing!!!)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Too many, I'd estimate over 10,000....

EDIT:

More like 14,400ish...

... and counting...
    Last edited by Zargon; March 15, 2019 at 10:03am.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

The only ones I own were given to me or came with a toy I purchased.

I could get into it, but collect waaaaay too much stuff already to get into something like comics. Same thing with Legos, love them, but I'd need another wing of the house to display them all, so I avoid collecting.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.