Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to Fan Q&A 3.16

Answers to Fan Q&A 3.16

Super7 has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 16 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Firefly.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. Firefly: With 2019 being the 30th anniversary of the New Adventures of He-Man, will Super7 be doing anything in celebration such as releasing new figures or merchandise based off the toyline or cartoon?

Beyond the Quakke figure we produced previously, we currently do not have any New Adventures on the schedule.

2. Neil: Wave 4 of Club Grayskull features six figures instead of the usual four. Is this going to be the pattern going forward for Club Grayskull and Collector's Choice? Or will future waves go back to consisting of four figures?

We generally prefer to keep waves at four figures. CG Wave 4 was a bit of an anomaly with six.

3. Sebastiaan: What is the reason for the new elbow swivels on She-Ra and the Sorceress, and can it be expected as a new template for female figures? This differs greatly from Teela. Also, Kittrina seems to have the same previous version of the elbow swivels.

She-Ra and Sorceress utilize the newer style of elbow swivel joint because on both of these characters, but there is not an armband on the bicep piece. This bicep armband on Teela and Kittrina is used to integrate the arm's swivel joint. Without the armband, the swivel joint would stick out like a sore thumb in the middle of the bicep. The natural solution was to move this joint to the elbow.

4. bamf1980: A growing trend among your many MOTU lines has been to release She-Ra and then a lot of Horde members. When can we expect you to begin releasing the heroes of the Great Rebellion?

We currently do not have a schedule for the Great Rebellion characters, but stay tuned!

5. JafariStew: Would it be possible for Super7 to start casting MOTUC weapons in the color of the plastic that the handles are made of, and then paint the blade/axe/gun? With previous releases, when the figure holds the weapon for too long, the paint from the handles tends to stick to the inside of the hand and then peels off the weapon.

We prefer to use injected plastic for color wherever it is practical, especially on accessories to avoid issues of paint rubbing, and will continue to push for this on all figures going forward.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 17!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Super7.
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Mattycollector.
    And, have fun discussing Super7's answers to your questions!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Beyond the Quakke figure we produced previously, we currently do not have any New Adventures on the schedule.
    DAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNN. That one's gonna really honk some people off. they didn't even get a "stay tuned!" I'm not hugely into NA or anything, but for its 30th anniversary to come and go while the license holder does absolutely nothing... that ain't right. As someone who's really into Pre-Filmation and the 2002 stuff, I often feel those eras are unfairly neglected compared to others, but it's really nothing compared to the treatment NA receives. Hopefully they do have some sort of surprise in mind, and just didn't want to tip their hand so early in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    DAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNN. That one's gonna really honk some people off. they didn't even get a "stay tuned!" I'm not hugely into NA or anything, but for its 30th anniversary to come and go while the license holder does absolutely nothing... that ain't right. As someone who's really into Pre-Filmation and the 2002 stuff, I often feel those eras are unfairly neglected compared to others, but it's really nothing compared to the treatment NA receives. Hopefully they do have some sort of surprise in mind, and just didn't want to tip their hand so early in the year.

Yeah, man. I hear you. NA's not my favorite either but it's definitely the most unfinished era and definitely should have another figure from it slated. Quakke seemed to do pretty well, right? He was awesome and one of my favorites last year. I would think a super cool looking Space Mutant, Sagitar, or even a fairly easy to tool figure like Vizar or Nocturna would have at least been scheduled.

Number five was a great question and a good answer. Hopefully this change happens soon.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

I wish the Great Rebellion were more of a priority but it's better than the NA answer
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Heroic Warrior
    Not even a Lizorr?? UGH! Disappointed, but they have to do what they think will make them money on expensive tooling I suppose.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, '87 Movie Variants completed, '87 Movie Skeletor Trooper.

"Beyond the Quakke figure we produced previously, we currently do not have any New Adventures on the schedule."

Agreed super disappointed that na is not acknowledged at all in the current selection. They gotta be voted up this year in the character selection poll.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Wow...we can't even get an NA figure on the anniversary. Truly disheartening.
    "..."

Wow. I mean, NA isn’t my favorite - there are many others I’d prefer to get - but I’ve enjoyed every release and do hope for more. I don’t want to imagine not getting Lizzorr, Hoove, Serbian, or Sagitar. Hmph.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Not at all happy with the NA answer, and it will definitely cause me to reassess my support for Super7's products going forward.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Appreciate the candid answers, even when delivering news that people aren’t gonna like.

Totally Dyslexic
    1. Firefly: With 2019 being the 30th anniversary of the New Adventures of He-Man, will Super7 be doing anything in celebration such as releasing new figures or merchandise based off the toyline or cartoon?

Shame about the 30th anniversary of NA...
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Lame. Every time I think I've successfully dialed down my enthusiasm for this line under Super7's tenure, I realize I haven't lowered it enough yet.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Wow...we can't even get an NA figure on the anniversary. Truly disheartening.
    Terrible news indeed

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Appreciate the candid answers, even when delivering news that people aren’t gonna like.
    It can be better to get it straight, even if it's not great news.

It's no secret that new tooling is very expensive. I think the movie figures are probably one of the last big tests for Super7 on if new tooling for CC can sell using their current pre-order model.

We all know the previous CC wave did not do so great. So they are giving it another shot with some of the most demanded remaining figures for the CC line. And it makes more sense to do those figures than the NA figures which were farther down the list in terms of demand.

I know that bums out some NA fans, but Super7's hands are tied if something is cost prohibitive. Super7 is not out to disappoint people. They aren't trying to avoid making NA figures. Instead, they have to be realistic about what might and might not sell for figures offered at that $35.00 price point.

For those who are disappointed, if you would suggest ways that Super7 may be able to approach doing a NA figure here or there, in a way that's financially feasible, I think that may prove helpful.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

There may be hope for NA as some sort of exclusive eventually or something. Would be interesting to see if they would try maybe one figure at a time instead of a wave of 4, or just a random single release at a point in time when there isn't a 4 figure wave up.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Shame about the 30th anniversary of NA...
    Yeah this bugs me as well. It being the 30th anniversary seemed like the opportune time to make at least one of the NA figures people have been asking for. Just an odd decision.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Aaaaaannnndd there goes any plans I had to get Snake Mountain. More money for other things then!

Where's the rest of the Vintage New Adventures?
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Hoove, Chef Allen, Catra variants, Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar

For those who are disappointed, if you would suggest ways that Super7 may be able to approach doing a NA figure here or there, in a way that's financially feasible, I think that may prove helpful.
    Vizar and Detector can share heads and other parts. Release them both to basically sell the same figure twice.

Nocturna and Spinwit. I'd be very pleased with either them (Spinwit would be my first choice) and they seem to be low tool figures. With Nocturna, just use a He-man buck. Put Notcturna in a black He-man Loin-cloth and paint the rest of the body to match the body suit? Use boots from various booted characters? Just spit-balling here...

Kayo, he is another human figure would probably require more tooling due to his cyborg arms and tanktop.

As far as I am concerned, the next NA figure doesn't have to be one of the heavy tooled ones. At this point, any new NA character is cool in my book!
    "..."

I want Mattel back

Welp. Any of you Great Rebellion fans wanna join the NA fans at the bar?

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    I want Mattel back
    I know, right?

Those answers are TERRIBLE news for New Adventure fans. Not great news for Great Rebellion fans, either. Super7 is awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

It's no secret that new tooling is very expensive. I think the movie figures are probably one of the last big tests for Super7 on if new tooling for CC can sell using their current pre-order model.

We all know the previous CC wave did not do so great. So they are giving it another shot with some of the most demanded remaining figures for the CC line. And it makes more sense to do those figures than the NA figures which were farther down the list in terms of demand.

I know that bums out some NA fans, but Super7's hands are tied if something is cost prohibitive. Super7 is not out to disappoint people. They aren't trying to avoid making NA figures. Instead, they have to be realistic about what might and might not sell for figures offered at that $35.00 price point.

Well, one of the reasons the last CC release supposedly didn't do so great is surely because they have been screwing things up with the over-the-top Filmation influence and forcing characters into the CG line. I know that's why I haven't bought them and some others I have spoken with have said the same. So....

Also, Super7 doesn't really seem receptive to "suggestions". I think Brian just does what he wants, to be honest. That is until the outcry becomes too loud because people don't fall for the weird excuses he comes up with for problems related to the figures. Then he becomes very defensive and may address a problem, reluctantly.

I've thought about this over the last few years as to what would be the best way to release the New Adventures figures.

Personally, I think that Scott had it right when he said that once his initial road map was over that any remaining New Adventures characters would end up as convention exclusives.

I think that's what's needed to help sell the New Adventures characters. Because once you call something an exclusive, you get that boost from resellers wanting to capitalize on the exclusive nature of the figures at hand. To make the resellers want to pick up the set even more, have the packaging on these 4-packs be special New Adventures packaging and maybe charge even a little bit more because of it.

Now although you now have this potentially cool 4-pack in unique packaging out there, Super7 could also offer these 4-packs in standard MOTUC packaging for collectors as a pre-order on their website at regular price. And look at that, the 4-pack is its own wave of 4 characters.

I also think that each 4-pack should be a mixture of heroes and villains as much as possible since the Guardians don't exactly have the coolest designs out there. Every pack should include 1 He-Man/Skeletor variant, 2 vintage toys that haven't been made yet and 1 never before made New Adventures character/variant.

For instance we could get 4-packs like these.

4-Pack #1: Battle Punch He-Man, Kayo, Lizorr, New Adventures Teela
    4-Pack #2: Disk of Doom Skeletor, Hoove, Spinwit, Master Sebrian
    4-Pack #3: Thunder Punch He-Man, Nocturna, Butthead, New Adventures Sorceress
    4-pack #4: Battle Blade Skeletor, Staghorn, Caz, Drissi
    4-pack #5: New Adventures Prince Adam, He-Slave, Vizar, Artilla

And if all those get made then the final pack can be the 4 Scientists.

Sagitar would hopefully end up being made as a standalone item and Crystoll & Detector could be Power-Con exclusives.
    Last edited by Jean; March 2, 2019 at 02:57am.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    I want Mattel back
    Well, they can feel free to work on Thundercats. I don't see a lot of follow through there and they cancelled Classics before Super7 picked it up, so not sure Mattel would do anything with it that Super7 isn't already doing.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)

Ugh. No thanks. Maybe I'm just bitter after years of being patient, or maybe I just don't have any perky gumption left in me. I'm done putting time and energy into pro bono marketing consultation for companies that I just want to hand money to for damn toys. If Super 7 wants suggestions get a intern to come here and use the search feature to find a wealth of ideas on how to market these figures. And I just don't have it in me to wave the banner and hope for NA figures when Super 7 clearly has no interest nor plans for them anytime soon. And rather than get more disappointed and bitter as literally any other damn figure gets made before NA, I'll just commission the figures that I want from a customizer. Someone that I can express interest to, give some money and get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I've thought about this over the last few years as to what would be the best way to release the New Adventures figures.

Personally, I think that Scott had it right when he said that once his initial road map was over that any remaining New Adventures characters would end up as convention exclusives.

I think that's what's needed to help sell the New Adventures characters. Because once you call something an exclusive, you get that boost from resellers wanting to capitalize on the exclusive nature of the figures at hand. To make the resellers want to pick up the set even more, have the packaging on these 4-packs be special New Adventures packaging and maybe charge even a little bit more because of it.

Now although you now have this potentially cool 4-pack in unique packaging out there, Super7 could also offer these 4-packs in standard MOTUC packaging for collectors as a pre-order on their website at regular price. And look at that, the 4-pack is its own wave of 4 characters.

I also think that each 4-pack should be a mixture of heroes and villains as much as possible since the Guardians don't exactly have the coolest designs out there. Every pack should include 1 He-Man/Skeletor variant, 2 vintage toys that haven't been made yet and 1 never before made New Adventures character/variant.

For instance we could get 4-packs like these.

4-Pack #1: Battle Punch He-Man, Kayo, Lizzor, New Adventures Teela
    4-Pack #2: Disk of Doom Skeletor, Hoove, Spinwit, Master Sebrian
    4-Pack #3: Thunder Punch He-Man, Nocturna, Butthead, New Adventures Sorceress
    4-pack #4: Battle Blade Skeletor, Staghorn, Caz, Drissi
    4-pack #5: New Adventures Prince Adam, He-Slave, Vizar, Artilla

And if all those get made then the final pack can be the 4 Scientists.

Sagitar would hopefully end up being made as a standalone item and Crystoll & Detector could be Power-Con exclusives.
    I have been saying this forever. Make them an exclusive. The same people complaining about NA will be complaining if they can't get them easily. MOTUC collectors are funny like that. This year would have been the PERFECT opportunity, be it something Super 7 did, or a Power Con exclusive, or whatever. But in the end, it just wasn't enough of a priority for any of those parties (and don't tell me otherwise, because if it had been it would have happened, period.)

It is sad. I had warmed to the movie figures and was excited to get them, but the NA news (and the Great Rebellion in Club Grayskull) zapped my excitement. Now I am wondering if I even want to support Super 7 if they aren't going to give me the figures I am primarily interested in, if or I just want to call it a day.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore