Thread: Super7 Conan license question? - He-Man's / 3.75 or 6"

Heroic Warrior

Super7 Conan license question? - He-Man's / 3.75 or 6"

I see Super7 is doing a Conan based of a comic.

I am a little on the fence because I am not sure If I like that style. But this got me thinking, I would really like to see a 3.75 or a 6" based off the Arnold Movies, those would be amazing or even later comic ones. I know Neca made them but i'd like them in classics / he-man style.

This might be a license issue (i'm not the smart guy when it comes to these things)

Someone who has more knowledge then me, any chance this could ever happen?

Court Magician
    I'm not a licensing expert either, but I'm guessing the Arnold movies are something completely different, especially when it comes to using the likenesses of actors.

Licensing and selling toys is weird. For example, NECA is making Ninja Turtles figures (normally Playmates makes TMNT) but NECA is allowed to make figures based on how much the figures cost and where they sell them (i.e. GameStop and the electronics section of Target, where Playmates is not present).

Funko did show of a 5.5" x line of Conan figures based on Conan the Barbarian (it was part of their Savage World line), but I haven't heard much about it after they showed it some time last year.

Apparently, getting the rights to make action figures based on the Schwarzenegger films is extremely difficult.

Neca had a line of five figures (where two of them were variants) and Funko will be releasing a much more inclusive line in late 2019.

To answer your question, it is doubtful that Super 7 will pursue the Conan Movie license - especially because they just introduced the Barry Windsor-Smith version of the character and if they want to fill in the line, it is more sensible to release characters from the early Marvel run of comic stories.

If you would like a Conan figure on the MOTUC buck with Schwarzenegger aesthetics - keep an eye out for customs that periodically show up on eBay. I have seen a number of fantastic figures show up from time to time that look like legitimate releases.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Court Magician
    I think getting the rights to use Arnold's likeness might be the issue. Funko doesnt have to deal with that for their SW figures and the Pop figure they put out.

Hopeful that S7 are planning multiple Conan releases based on other artists interpretations like John Buscema and Frank Frazetta.

I’m not really keen on collecting the Arnold versions, but I’ll grab the S7 Conan tobuse with MOTUC! I’d love more options to fill out my Eternia & Etheria!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys some good stuff. Sorry for posting in the wrong section. But either way good info from everyone every time.

Of course I am a huge 80's fan of all He-man, Arnold stuff so since it's all sorta tied together for me, I would love to see it. But I get it's a prob.