Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Binge watching vs. traditional once-a-week viewing

Master of New Adventures!
    DVR does the job for me. We binge-watch Modern Family, Rules of Engagement, Life Below Zero and Ice Road Truckers.

Quote Originally Posted by urrutiap View Post
    I have the DVDS for Seinfeld, Smallville and Simpsons. I can binge watch them any time.

Its the main shows on Netflix that will take me awhile to binge watch such as catching up on Walking Dead, Jericho, Bates Motel and Magicians to binge watch catch up on Netflix.

Some shows are taking a bit longer for me to catch up on such as the last 3rd season of Daredevil.

also while Ash vs Evil Dead was a decent show, i find it to be a bit boring and way too slapstick and cartoonish for a horror show based on the old movies. Final 3rd Season is the end of this month and Im tired of waiting for it to come on netflix

Each year my sister and I binge-watch all the DC Comics TV series in preparation for the release of the current seasons of each show. Right now, we're binge watching The Flash.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Master of New Adventures!
    You know, Mikey, that's a really sweet thing to do with your sister. Our oldest son, Alex, shares a lot of similar likes with his younger sister, Zoe -- watching the same series or going to the movies together. I think, like what you do with your sister, that can make happy memories that will last a lifetime. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Each year my sister and I binge-watch all the DC Comics TV series in preparation for the release of the current seasons of each show. Right now, we're binge watching The Flash.

I think it really depends on what your watching. Like others mentioned Binge watching leads to odd moments with on going series. You get to the end of the back log and you have to wait.
    It's also easy to miss details or get bored / start feeling like you've seen it already.

I don't usually spend all night binging a series, but I do mini-binges. Those can be pretty fun with series that are complete and you've already seen (but not recently). I'm mini-binging Babylon 5. I love seeing the story unfold with it's interconnected story an seeing character changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    You know, Mikey, that's a really sweet thing to do with your sister. Our oldest son, Alex, shares a lot of similar likes with his younger sister, Zoe -- watching the same series or going to the movies together. I think, like what you do with your sister, that can make happy memories that will last a lifetime. Well done.
    Thanks Jack, my sister is actually older than I am but we do share a lot of similar favourite TV shows/movies, books, and music. We used to play video games too before we both came down with the early onset of arthritic hands and couldn't really play anymore. Still, we manage to do a few fun things as I described earlier.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)