Thread: Where's Pixel Dan?

Court Magician

Where's Pixel Dan?

His Youtube page has gone strangely silent after the con. With the He-man and Skeletor Ultimate Filmation figures coming out, I was really excited to watch his review of them. IMO, he's the best toy reviewer on the internet! Hopefully he'll be back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    His Youtube page has gone strangely silent after the con. With the He-man and Skeletor Ultimate Filmation figures coming out, I was really excited to watch his review of them. IMO, he's the best toy reviewer on the internet! Hopefully he'll be back soon!
    His geek easy podcast page posted earlier this week that due to illness there would be no uploads this week. I guess that’s the explanation.

Court Magician
    Oh! I don't follow his podcast, so that's probably why I didn't know. Thank you for the update, I was worried maybe he was calling it quits on toy reviewing.

Sadly, after the demise of Matty, you hardly seem to hear from him anymore. I think that it's fair to say that the S7 release schedule doesn't do him any favors. With Matty's release schedule and a constant 1-5 items or so a month to review it kept him in the limelight.

Now, since everything is so staggered and in bunches, it's simply less exposure on a regular basis. Now of course, there very well could be more to it then that and I'm sure that there is, but from face value alone, the Matty schedule was defiantly better for business.

I'm also well aware that he does other stuff as well as in reviews, but He-Man always seemed to be the meat & potatoes of his business.

Master of New Adventures!
    I've always felt he should go more actively into television. He's got a good body of work and he comes across great. I tremendously enjoyed my time with him at Power-con when he interviewed me a few years ago. In addition to his reviews, he has a gift for putting people at ease. Imo, he really should be on national television in some manner or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Sadly, after the demise of Matty, you hardly seem to hear from him anymore. I think that it's fair to say that the S7 release schedule doesn't do him any favors. With Matty's release schedule and a constant 1-5 items or so a month to review it kept him in the limelight.

Now, since everything is so staggered and in bunches, it's simply less exposure on a regular basis. Now of course, there very well could be more to it then that and I'm sure that there is, but from face value alone, the Matty schedule was defiantly better for business.

I'm also well aware that he does other stuff as well as in reviews, but He-Man always seemed to be the meat & potatoes of his business.

Pixel Dan posted a review of Jabba’s Barge on his YouTube channel about three hours ago.

I think he is fine, his output is up and down. I met him once at Retrocon. Really cool guy.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I've always felt he should go more actively into television. He's got a good body of work and he comes across great. I tremendously enjoyed my time with him at Power-con when he interviewed me a few years ago. In addition to his reviews, he has a gift for putting people at ease. Imo, he really should be on national television in some manner or another.
    He's a great talent no doubt about it and while I'm no toy reviewer aficionado, he's the best that I've ever come across. That said, and like you said, I don't see why that can't translate in to some other form as well.

Of course that also means, does that sorta thing even interest him? Plus that kinda stuff can be hit or miss. If it doesn't work out you're kinda back at square one with a lot of time etc. invested in to it. If it does, well the sky is the limit.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    He was just on WWE Raw tonight!!!!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/...05397971275776

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenbane View Post
    People think all these companies send Dan everything, but he buys a huge chunk of the toys he reviews. In fact, almost every MOTUC item was purchased by Dan himself. That includes most of the Super7 product. So he has to wait until it arrives before he can review it. and by then, he might be backed up with other things that have to get done first.

So he's still putting out stuff. I know he's also been under the weather, though, and is just now bouncing back.
    Which brings us to...

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Yep, that's him!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

That's awesome!

At first, it looked like he was just a fan in the background from the pic., but after looking in to it he was actually in the show. Pretty cool. I'm now interested to hear how he got involved in the whole thing.

Here's the video. Starts at about the 3 min. mark....

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    And he was on SmackDown tonight too!

Heroic Warrior
    And he was on SmackDown tonight too!
    Yep, and he not only got completely bodied by "The Man" Becky Lynch, but even made it into the official WWE channel thumbnail.

MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare