Thread: My Little Artist

My Little Artist

My six year old was supposed to be working on her hand writing, but how could I get mad when she presented me with this?

55837874_843971522603474_6500487505630986240_n.jpg
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Very nice!
    Thank you! She often draws MOTU and POP. She does a wicked Merman - LOL!

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    That's awesome! It's cool to see kids today into MOTU and POP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    That's awesome! It's cool to see kids today into MOTU and POP.
    Thank you! Yeah my kids are always the odd ducks as most of their friends know current TV and my kids do not. They have been reared on awesome 80's and 90's toons

Very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Thank you! Yeah my kids are always the odd ducks as most of their friends know current TV and my kids do not. They have been reared on awesome 80's and 90's toons
    You are parenting correctly! That is awesome! And the picture is extremely cute! I also raised my kids on 80s stuff and now they are big fans of 80s movies, music, and, of course, the toys!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Very cute indeed!

Thank you! She often draws MOTU and POP. She does a wicked Merman - LOL!
    Awesome! I love Mer-Man!!
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Thank you, guys! I tried watching some of the modern cartoons with my nieces and nephews (before I had kids) and I just thought they were crap. Of course I love all of the ones I grew up with. I started collecting DVDs of my childhood cartoons and that is what we watch when we have family movie/TV time.

When I was a kid we were limited to how much screen time we had and I honestly think that was the best thing my grandparents ever did for us. While other kids fell out of love with toys and using their imaginations, I played with toys right up until I was forced to leave my home at 13 (I was emancipated).

It means so much to me that my kids really love the things I loved as a kid. I have let them try some modern stuff now as they get older, and they do love a few things, but they constantly go back to the shows I first introduced them to. My son loves He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers and Voltron. My daughter loves She-Ra, Jem, Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony. Oh and they both love comics.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    When I was a kid we were limited to how much screen time we had and I honestly think that was the best thing my grandparents ever did for us. While other kids fell out of love with toys and using their imaginations, I played with toys right up until I was forced to leave my home at 13 (I was emancipated).
    I feel I had the best of both worlds. I watched as much TV as I wanted (and did!! LOL), but I also LOVED reading my books and playing with my toys. I was just all about childhood, lol.

It means so much to me that my kids really love the things I loved as a kid. I have let them try some modern stuff now as they get older, and they do love a few things, but they constantly go back to the shows I first introduced them to. My son loves He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers and Voltron. My daughter loves She-Ra, Jem, Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony. Oh and they both love comics.
    That is SO awesome. I'm glad my niece is kind of the same way---a few years ago at age 7 or 8, she went as She-Ra for Halloween!
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Thank you, guys! I tried watching some of the modern cartoons with my nieces and nephews (before I had kids) and I just thought they were crap. Of course I love all of the ones I grew up with. I started collecting DVDs of my childhood cartoons and that is what we watch when we have family movie/TV time.

That's awesome! My son is a huuuge Transformers fan, but only G1! He really dislikes the Bay movies, but loved the Bumblebee movie. When he was a kid, he watched and rewatched the G1 cartoon on DVD every night. We also watched the 200x MotU show and collected the figures back then.

My middle daughter loved, loved, loved She-Ra. She dressed as her and watched the DVDs many times. She also loved most other female superheroes especially Batgirl and Black Canary. I bought her the SDCC exclusive She-Ra from this very site for Christmas one year and it was her favorite gift.

My youngest daughter is a general fan of lots of 80s stuff, but she liked My Little Pony a lot. And all three of them loved the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon.

You're right about screentime and playing with toys. I think that is something that a lot of lazy or over-worked parents do now-a-days by just letting their kids go on their tablets all day. Kids need to play with toys, to draw, to role-play, and to just run around outside and play in the dirt with rocks and sticks. I made sure my kids did that and only let them play video games and the like for a little bit. I fear there is going to be an imagination-deficit amoung the younger kids unless they play more.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

My six year old was supposed to be working on her hand writing, but how could I get mad when she presented me with this?

55837874_843971522603474_6500487505630986240_n.jpg
    That's very good for that age. Maybe she will draw a Motu comic one day?

That's so cool!! She did a great job!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Chris here...

That is really cool! I carried on playing with action figures regularly until I was about 15 (when playing the guitar became a bit of an all-consuming obsession, LOL!), and still love to whenever I find the time. I also sometimes meet up with friends and play a game called Heroclix which is basically playing with action figures but just with a rule book!

Ooh, now, you've just said one of my favourite words - comics! I've been an avid collector since 1993! What comics do they like?

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

So awesome and what 90s toons they like?

Not all modern cartoons are bad! there is some gems like My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Voltron Legendary Defender, Gravity Falls, Thundercats 2011, Young Justice etc. and we have some animation just for adults like Love Death and Robots, Castlevania, Bojack Horseman, Archer etc.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Yes, there are some great modern options now. I am thinking about 10-12 years ago when I used to baby sit a lot.

I will come back and respond to everyone! We are working on my son's room this weekend, YAY! He originally asked for a Super Hero room but then saw something else he liked and through me for a loop. The paint color he picked is gorgeous though! Weekends have basically become 'house time' around here. Lots of things to do!

Yes, there are some great modern options now. I am thinking about 10-12 years ago when I used to baby sit a lot.

I will come back and respond to everyone! We are working on my son's room this weekend, YAY! He originally asked for a Super Hero room but then saw something else he liked and through me for a loop. The paint color he picked is gorgeous though! Weekends have basically become 'house time' around here. Lots of things to do!
    I also forgot to mention Regular Show which is made by a guy who grew up on old school cartoons from the 30s to all the way to the 90s and born 82 and uses 80s/90s pop culture references for adult audiences
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Do you keep these drawings together in a folder? It would be great to save them as they will bring back wonderful memories for her (and you).

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Do you keep these drawings together in a folder? It would be great to save them as they will bring back wonderful memories for her (and you).
    I do! I have a huge tote full of their art and then I keep all of our homeschool art projects in another