Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Star Wars Episode IX

I think the rise of skywalker is Kylo, which kinda sucks. He's probably going to get redeemed in this movie...and that just sucks out loud.

I also agree with whoever said it taht it doesn't matter what type of backstory they Give Rey, no one will be happy with it. If she is a Skywalker ppl r gonna be mad. If she is Obi's daughter ppl are gonna be mad. If she is Luke's daughter ppl are gonna be mad. I think I would be okay with any of these but I am NOT okay with another Immicaluat Conception. One and done people. Lets not do that again...
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

I want to get excited for this movie, but no matter what I see I can't help but think this movie is just a bandaid to fix the mess TLJ made of the franchise...

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    He really is the worst villain ever. He is pretty indicative of what is going on in the world. Don't like someone or something? Throw a tainty and try to destroy them. When all else fails, scream at the sky :P
    Hahaha!

I guess I’m the minority and being stoked about this. But then again, I didn’t think TLJ was an abomination. I love Star Wars. I’m still holding out hope that Rey is Leia and Han’s child and the twin of Ben (Kylo). Let’s just erase what the last movie had to say about her parents. I loved the twins in the books. But it probably won’t be.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Iím excited. My family is excited. Of course, this sounds like the wrong crowd to share that with.
    I'm with ya man...we've watched that trailer 6 or 7 times lol!

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletorfan View Post
    I guess I’m the minority and being stoked about this. But then again, I didn’t think TLJ was an abomination. I love Star Wars. I’m still holding out hope that Rey is Leia and Han’s child and the twin of Ben (Kylo). Let’s just erase what the last movie had to say about her parents. I loved the twins in the books. But it probably won’t be.
    I was hoping Luke would say she's her Daughter and tell her about her mother Mara Jade....

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletorfan View Post
    I agree with you but I wouldn't mind them being cousins or half siblings (secret Mara or Qi'ra love child.....)

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    If JJ saw his vision through all three movies, we would probably be sitting prettier. Hopefully, he can make IX work well enough after TLJ threw him so off course.
    Last edited by Uki; April 16, 2019 at 12:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    As a kid yes but Attack Of The Clones when he killed the Tuskens.... And then in ROTS when he went full Vader Kylo will never do that he's not focused enough....
    Kylo would break something and then sit down in a heap on the floor and talk about his feelings - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Kylo would break something and then sit down in a heap on the floor and talk about his feelings - LOL!
    Uff, you are right! Why couldn't he just be pure evil? Some sort Ramsay Bolton evil?

And if you wondered what's wrong with Ep IX teaser here's the practical resolution to Rey's fate in the movie:

Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Contrary to most, I actually really like the prequels. I didnít think a new film could ever burn me out on Star Wars, I actually loved the Force Awakens. I didnít care that it was similar to ANH. In fact, not counting those silly specials from the 1980s, Iíve dug every single Star Wars movie including the Solo film.

That said... I absolutely DESPISE The Last Jedi! It hasnít ruined my enjoyment of any other Star Wars films or series, case and point that I still liked Solo, but it really made me uninterested in E9.

Until this trailer... it gave me goosebumps and now I canít wait. I didnít think Iíd get excited for another installment of this modern trilogy, but damn it! Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

I just hope Rian Johnsen never gets to work on a franchise I love again. Whether you like TLJ or you donít, it is undeniable that heís done massive damage to the franchise. Heís the Michael Bay of Star Wars, without the creating of millions of new fans aspect, so basically worse than
    michael Bay. Thatís an achievement in itís own right.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Uff, you are right! Why couldn't he just be pure evil? Some sort Ramsay Bolton evil?

And if you wondered what's wrong with Ep IX teaser here's the practical resolution to Rey's fate in the movie:

https://youtu.be/fwsizvp4Yak

I couldn't help but watch this in the trailer and think "Mary Sue" instantly At this point I am way more excited to see The Mandalorian than Episode IX after seeing some trailer clips last night

Ha, awesome!

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...88#post3832788 is a new thread for general discussion about the films. I don't need to remind everyone to keep the discussion here on topic to TROS (with, of course, reference to other films and material if it actually pertains to this movie).

MTFBWY!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I couldn't help but watch this in the trailer and think "Mary Sue" instantly At this point I am way more excited to see The Mandalorian than Episode IX after seeing some trailer clips last night
    Maybe she was trained by ghost Luke between the movies.
    I think Rey got training somehow.
    If she didn't and they dont have a good explanation then yeah, Mary Sue.

Smile like you mean it.

How is it possible that these 8 seconds are better than the entirety of TLJ???
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Not impressed to hear the Palpatine laugh. Are we going to dredge up every character from the original trilogy, including long dead ones, to substitute for even a semi-original story? Is this story going to go absolutely nowhere like the last one and just set up more cliffhangers for future movies?

Pains me to say this, but George Lucas nailed Disneyís lack of creativity and imagination. Disney will only do things it believes are guaranteed cash cows. Not potential, but guaranteed.

A guaranteed reduced risk inherently means a reduced reward. Theyíre turning Star Wars into what all media is turning into: zero-value dopamine crack for the lowest IQ masses. I guess that is what market research suggests will bring the greatest ROI.

I want to give TROS a chance, because I respect Abramsí filmmaking skills. He breathed life back into the franchise after Lucasí tragically sterile, boring turd burger prequels. But this addictive dependence on the characters and plot lines of the original movies is a real Achilles heel. Iím not feeling the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by moltak View Post
    Not impressed to hear the Palpatine laugh. Are we going to dredge up every character from the original trilogy, including long dead ones, to substitute for even a semi-original story? Is this story going to go absolutely nowhere like the last one and just set up more cliffhangers for future movies?

Pains me to say this, but George Lucas nailed Disney’s lack of creativity and imagination. Disney will only do things it believes are guaranteed cash cows. Not potential, but guaranteed.

A guaranteed reduced risk inherently means a reduced reward. They’re turning Star Wars into what all media is turning into: zero-value dopamine crack for the lowest IQ masses. I guess that is what market research suggests will bring the greatest ROI.

I want to give TROS a chance, because I respect Abrams’ filmmaking skills. He breathed life back into the franchise after Lucas’ tragically sterile, boring turd burger prequels. But this addictive dependence on the characters and plot lines of the original movies is a real Achilles heel. I’m not feeling the excitement.
    Ha, I think I love you.

PS. In a completely platonic way of course!

I read somewhere that JJ said that they would deal with Rey's parents in the final installment. Hopefully a little more is added, like Ren was lying.

Someone wrote that perhaps Rey is a Palpatine

Smile like you mean it.

I am actually down with Rey as Palpatine. While the Sequel Trilogy is often referred to as the Skywalker Saga (and rightly so), Palpatine is such a key character. Nearly everything that happens in any film happens because of his machinations. The Trade Federation's blockade of Naboo, the Clone Wars, Order 66, the Rise of the Empire, Death Star 1 and 2, Galactic Civil War: Palpatine's behind all of it. He's not just a villain; he is THE villain behind nearly everything that happens and he's still the inspiration for the First Order. Now what would be interesting is if Ben/ Kylo acts in some way to defeat/ help defeat Palpatine finally. It would be interesting as Kylo's whole deal is that he essentially idolizes the part of Anakin that Anakin ultimately rejected. Perhaps guided by Anakin, Kylo could somehow show that the influence of his redemption is ultimately stronger than the influence of Palpatine's legacy of evil.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

All I really want, is for them to tell a good story instead of using it to spread a political agenda. Too much politics go into TV and movies anymore. When I watch something like Star Wars I want to escape all of that and just watch a good story in a fantastic world. I don't care about our characters stance on animal rights, gender equality, macroeconomics, or anything of the sort. Just let me suspend my disbelief and slip out of this world for an hour or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Disney may start gearing up Star Wars Episode IX marketing soon (probably to release a teaser at Avengers or next SW Celebration) and "probably" doing some "damage control" from the so divided strong opinions left by "SW:TLJ"

So, here's the first leaked poster for Ep IX

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...psir5cdc7q.jpg

Looks like Kylo put his mask back (mainly since it may seemed that unmasked Kylo figures didn't do good for Hasbro), Poe has stolen Brendan Fraser's Mummy attire, some new characters (Knights of Ren, new Stormtrooper, new alien and a girl)

Most intriguing part for me is C3-PO wearing Chewie's bowcast and bandoleer (I hope Chewie don't die) and the lack of Lando that has been confirmed to be part of this movie
    Why is he holding his light saber like that? Is tying to cut off his own arm? Is he the new Black Kight?
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro Eats Soup View Post
    All I really want, is for them to tell a good story instead of using it to spread a political agenda. Too much politics go into TV and movies anymore. When I watch something like Star Wars I want to escape all of that and just watch a good story in a fantastic world. I don't care about our characters stance on animal rights, gender equality, macroeconomics, or anything of the sort. Just let me suspend my disbelief and slip out of this world for an hour or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is he holding his light saber like that? Is tying to cut off his own arm? Is he the new Black Kight?
    I think many would agree with you. We just want a nice, fun, movie. Stop with the social agenda. People want to escape and enjoy the ride. I think that's why TFA was better than that other trainwreck that will not be mentioned. Im hoping the next one can be just fun. And Rey belongs to someone..... I mean I don't get it...a lot of people in the universe have jedi powers...so who flippin cares? Why does she need to come from nothing.

Theories:
    https://www.thisisinsider.com/star-w...ed-to-anyone-1
    Last edited by Divia; April 18, 2019 at 09:39am.

Smile like you mean it.