Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to Fan Q&A 3.17

Answers to Fan Q&A 3.17

Super7 has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 17 questions!

This round of questions were selected by melkor23.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. melkor23: Did you consider crowd-funding to help produce obscure characters in Collector's Choice? You could use the most popular characters from the He-Man.Org fan polls as your base goal and more obscure characters as stretch goals.

We have avoided the crowdfunding route so far, simply because it seems more an appropriate platform for newer creators, as opposed to an established company. Our intent is to create the figures we feel good about and feel an audience will be interested in, and commit internally to making them or not.

2. Niki: Would you give us an exact list of what will be included with Snake Mountain? Such as the bone throne, scrying table, ladder, tentacles, etc.

Yes, we will be making a full announcement in mid- April as we get closer to the pre-order with all the parts and features, dimensions, pricing, etc.

3. zodak74: Would you provide us the dimensions for Snake Mountain ahead of the pre-order? Knowing the height, width, and length info would help those of us who are planning where to display this piece.

See above. Ha!

4. MikeR601: Do the terms of your deal that lead to the William Stout Collection allow you to release other characters in their movie decos, such as Evil-Lyn, Man-At-Arms, and more?

Currently we have arranged for the four figures of this wave only.

5. WalkerBoh: It has been theorized that the William Stout collection is the last attempt to keep the Collector's Choice line alive. If this pre-order wave does not meet your sales goals, will Collector's Choice continue?

While the Collector's Choice line has certainly run a long time and covered the majority of characters in the MOTU Universe, the William Stout collection was more an effort to create figures of some of the most often requested characters in a way that works for everyone. Our follow up to this wave is the Collector's Choice Snake Mountain playset. Beyond that, who knows?!

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 18!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Super7.
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions with Mattycollector.
    And, have fun discussing Super7's answers to your questions!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Glad to hear they will release full parts list and dimensions this month for Snake Mountain.
    The answer to the last question just makes me think our guess is as good as theirs if Mattel will even allow them to continue making MOTU product or if they'll decide to yank all licenses ahead of the new movie.
    Here's hoping Classics/Collector's Choice keeps going!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Glad to hear they will release full parts list and dimensions this month for Snake Mountain.
    The answer to the last question just makes me think our guess is as good as theirs if Mattel will even allow them to continue making MOTU product or if they'll decide to yank all licenses ahead of the new movie.
    Here's hoping Classics/Collector's Choice keeps going!
    I have said that all along. We will see how eager Mattel and Classic Media are to license He-man to third party companies when a big-budget movie is being made. But just remember S7 losing the license most likely would be mean the absolute death of the classics line.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Heroic Warrior
    Snake Mountain being next in Collector's Choice is a bit worrisome to me. What if they don't get enough preorders for SM? Does that mean Collector's choice is done??

Disappointing about the movie figures. I'd actually like to see MAA, Evil Lynn, Beast Man and the Sorceress.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I think ultimately if the Classics Collector's Choice line is to continue beyond Snake Mountain will depend on if Mattel will take away the license for the MOTU brand ahead of the new movie. In the meantime I'll enjoy as much Classics Filmation and CC as I can.

I wish someone would have asked if Snake Mountain would be made in the Mattel Factory. I've heard that it will be but I need Super7 to verify. I won't even consider buying it if it's not.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I wish someone would have asked if Snake Mountain would be made in the Mattel Factory. I've heard that it will be but I need Super7 to verify. I won't even consider buying it if it's not.
    This is exactly my position as well. If itís not produced at the Mattel factory Iím out.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    If Classics is done, I'm done. Hope the ride can continue.

Really looking forward to Snake Mountain!

Widget
    I won't even consider buying it if it's not.
    Kinda curious why, actually. I'm sure yours and Hordak's feelings are deeply felt, but after fans have been begging and praying for the Mattel designed Snake Mountain, when you're offered it to then say no.... seems passing strange.

Is it concern over Q&A (I remember plenty of MattyCollector stuff ups too), or 'official'? It is licensed by Mattel still.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    If only Val could at least keep making some of them via the Power-Con convention,
    Better than nothing! Though as it was reported that all we can expect from the con are repaints / variants,
    I'm convinced that with a bit a imagination the "mix & match route" still may offer a few unique characters (Queen Teela for instance...).
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Kinda curious why, actually. I'm sure yours and Hordak's feelings are deeply felt, but after fans have been begging and praying for the Mattel designed Snake Mountain, when you're offered it to then say no.... seems passing strange.

Is it concern over Q&A (I remember plenty of MattyCollector stuff ups too), or 'official'? It is licensed by Mattel still.
    For me the overall quality of the figures that come from the Mattel Factory is way better than what comes out of Super7's new factory. I don't like the plastic Super7 uses at their new factory, and I don't find the paint apps to be very impressive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that the movie figures are limited to just the one Wave. Not stoked to hear that they're unsure about continuing Classics beyond Snake Mountain. I'll keep saying it, if only one last character is made, it has to be King Miro (200x). We can't have a Classics collection without this vital character. I'll be sad to miss out on more NA characters, Hunga, Melaktha, etc, but no King Miro will be a gaping hole.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    I’m sure we will see Miro and Hunga in club grayskull

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Glad to hear that the movie figures are limited to just the one Wave. Not stoked to hear that they're unsure about continuing Classics beyond Snake Mountain. I'll keep saying it, if only one last character is made, it has to be King Miro (200x). We can't have a Classics collection without this vital character. I'll be sad to miss out on more NA characters, Hunga, Melaktha, etc, but no King Miro will be a gaping hole.
    I completely agree, King Miro in Classics is essential. I like his look in the Classics minicomics.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I’m sure we will see Miro and Hunga in club grayskull
    Filmation Miro is not the same and I will not consider that we got a proper Miro figure if that is the one they give us. I think the vast majority prefer the 200x/MOTUC Mini Comic version over bald, white haired Filmation Randor.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Disappointed to hear they only have plans for the one movie wave. I’d really like to have the rest of the cast.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    But just remember S7 losing the license most likely would be mean the absolute death of the classics line.
    Why exactly? I know so many keep saying this, but on what grounds? 80's properties are hotter now than ever. So many thought the line was ending with Matty and it didn't. If a big budget movie comes out, and Super 7 loses the license, I see it going back to Mattel or some other established vendor. I know a lot of folks think the Classics line willed be killed off if it switches hands again, but I think any sizable company to pick it up would continue the Classics line, albeit in a slightly altered fashion. Like if it goes back to Mattel and coincides with a theatrical release, I foresee redecos of the heavy hitters on the existing buck at mass retail. Honestly, the only way I see this itineration of Classics being lost would be if Hasbro picked up the line and stream-lined the figures to be more in line with their Legends. JMHO

For me the overall quality of the figures that come from the Mattel Factory is way better than what comes out of Super7's new factory. I don't like the plastic Super7 uses at their new factory, and I don't find the paint apps to be very impressive.

Would you have preferred derpy eyes on Teela, Sorceress and She-Ra because that's what the Mattel factory did to the females in the line. My Classics Sorceress is cross eyed and I can begin to tell you how many angella's , Mara's, ane Club Grayskull evil-Lyn's I had to keep returning to Digital River until I finally got ones that didn't suffer from Derp Eye.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    Why exactly? I know so many keep saying this, but on what grounds? 80's properties are hotter now than ever. So many thought the line was ending with Matty and it didn't. If a big budget movie comes out, and Super 7 loses the license, I see it going back to Mattel or some other established vendor. I know a lot of folks think the Classics line willed be killed off if it switches hands again, but I think any sizable company to pick it up would continue the Classics line, albeit in a slightly altered fashion. Like if it goes back to Mattel and coincides with a theatrical release, I foresee redecos of the heavy hitters on the existing buck at mass retail. Honestly, the only way I see this itineration of Classics being lost would be if Hasbro picked up the line and stream-lined the figures to be more in line with their Legends. JMHO
    I believe that if the S7 license expires or reverts back to Mattel, Mattel would make toys using the classics bucks, but to your point, they would be redecos of existing characters and would no doubt be branded alongside the movie, not as classics. Mattel would, most likely, not see the value in producing D and E list characters or vehicles for a dwindling collectors line. Perhaps they would keep the Filmation line going awhile longer, but I think that the only thing keeping classics, as we know it today, alive is Brian at S7. There is money in making He-Man figures, not in making Scrollos or Songster.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by ero View Post
    Disappointed to hear they only have plans for the one movie wave. I’d really like to have the rest of the cast.
    It doesn't mean that Super7 can't negotiate again with William Stout for rights to produce Evil-Lyn, The Beast Man , Man At Arms and Teela. They are just saying that at this time These four were the only ones they negotiated with William Stout to make.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Would you have preferred derpy eyes on Teela, Sorceress and She-Ra because that's what the Mattel factory did to the females in the line. My Classics Sorceress is cross eyed and I can begin to tell you how many angella's , Mara's, ane Club Grayskull evil-Lyn's I had to keep returning to Digital River until I finally got ones that didn't suffer from Derp Eye.
    Mattel wasn't perfect but OVERALL I think their quality is superior to S7. Just my opinion. If you disagree I respect your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post

If 80's properties are hotter now than ever then why did Mattel tease us with continuing Thundercats Classics at SDCC and tell us to let Mattel know we want this and then Show nothing For Thundercats at Toy Fair not even a place card saying coming soon. In fact Mattel had the worst booth of all toy fair. So many people left Mattel that would have worked on these. In fact Mattel is not doing well Financially and there was an article two months ago where it was stated because Mattel suffered a major Financial loss one Quarter that they planned on letting a lot of Mattel Employees go throughout the company.

That last answer about the lack of certainty of the continuation of Classics beyond Snake Mountain saddens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    That last answer about Classics continuing saddens me.
    I wouldn't worry about it until the day Super7 Officially announces they won't be producing any more Collectors Choice figures.

For all we know they are quietly planning the next wave of Collectors choice figures but don't want to comment on anything yet because the next thing on their list is Snake Mountain.

It’s probably better that the property goes back to Mattel. Super7 has the worst customer service I’ve ever received and that Filmation She-ra figure is unforgivable. Yeah there were quality issues with Mattel as well, but at least the figures/plastic was sturdy. My first set of figures from the Super7 factory 3 out of the 4 broke seconds after being taken out of the package.

I can only imagine what awaits Snake Mountain if it’s made at the Super7 Factory.