Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Answers to Fan Q&A 3.17

Funko has definitely halted their MOTU production and their has been speculation that either Mattel was upset due to the similarities between the 5.5 inch DC Primal Age/ Savage World lines and MOTU or that they're the first licensee to have a contract run out and not be renewed in anticipation of the film changing up way the license is handled. Hopefully Mattel will still realize the need to cater to a variety of fans. While there will absolutely be a market from folks wanting the latest designs, the reemergence of the movie, whether received well or not, will reignite nostalgia. Many of those reawakened fans will want merchandise that reflects the classic looks they're familiar with.

Hasbro pretty much killed G.I. Joe by doing away with all other media incarnations of the franchise and only pushing the movie interpretations during the film's release. I think Power Rangers was a better example as while the film did poorly it was easy to find product based on the classic characters that nostalgic fans were interested in alongside of the new interpretations.

There is a lot of MOTU nostalgia to be mined; Mattel just has to play their cards right here.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Funko has definitely halted their MOTU production and their has been speculation that either Mattel was upset due to the similarities between the 5.5 inch DC Primal Age/ Savage World lines and MOTU or that they're the first licensee to have a contract run out and not be renewed in anticipation of the film changing up way the license is handled.
    The first case would be very unfortunate for S7 as they're trying to further several franchises by using what's made Motuc so particular...
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    Should they eventually go that route, I would love Filmation's Ghostbusters or Bravestarr figures in MOTUC style.
    quoted for truth!
    Plus Silverhawks, Thundercats continuing, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Blackstar (at least the main protagonist)
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Looks like I'm the only one who thinks this is great news that CC may not continue after snake mountain. I don't need all these d and e list characters to complete my collection, save from Filmation my classics collection has been complete for about a year now. You can judge me all you want but I have supported this line in that I have every classics publicly available I have supported this line right from the beginning but am tired of paying for characters I don't care about. I hope cc is done but they continue with the main characters from Filmation. Although we do need mini comic Tri Klops.
    I feelings are completely opposite of yours. I don't care for Club Grayskull because I don't need characters that are already had redone in there non-deco Filmation versions. Sure maybe characters that had completely different appearances like Clawful Evilseed and (here's hoping) Count Marzo are cool to heg but the rest I don't need. And i still.feelmit would be a shame not to finish of the New Adventure characters in the CC line

There's definitely irony in that with something positive happening with the franchise (movie), it could possibly cause a negative for the fans (death of Motu Classics).

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    Are these Q&As devoted to Classics only? I hope future question-choosers will remember to throw a bone to ReAction and 5.5 fans every once in a while.
    ReAction figures and Vintage Collection figures were revealed and released quite regularly compared to Collector's Choice by Super7. There are three waves of Vintage Collection figures in the making and one regular wave and two repaint waves of ReActions. What would be questions regarding them? "Can do you character x as ReAction and/or Vintage Collection?" The answer would be "Yes, we could do it, if it is a fun figure for us." Period. They won't reveal any concrete figures in these Q&As. Current most important but not much clarified topics are MotUC Snake Mountain and the future of Classics and MotU itself at Super7. And that's why I picked these questions.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Very glad to hear we'll be getting the dimensions of Snake Mountain; I really need to know how big it is before I shell out the money for it. There's really only a couple of places for it logistically speaking.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman