Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ReAction MOTU Variable Variants and Slime Pit He-Man

Court Magician
    It's a Reaction Figure Slime Pit He-Man (along with some color variants and Stinkor):

https://news.toyark.com/2019/04/10/m...ortment-341890

Anyone know the story behind all these colors?

Hordak is the toy colors.
    Grayscale Man-At-Arms is from...?
    Ram Man is vintage cardback colors?
    Mer Man is so close to the other two Mer Mans that I don't know.
    Teela is from the minicomics, although we've already gotten a green Teela.

ReAction MOTU Variable Variants and Slime Pit He-Man

From S7 facebook

From their Facebook page:

The Slime has turned He-Man into a Slime Monster! This horrific scenario comes to haunt the Super7 ReAction Figure line with the clear slime green He-Man 3.75" ReAction Figure. AAAARGH! This will be a limited edition release that drops next Wednesday (4/17) only from Super7.

Arriving next week: The Super7 ReAction Figure World welcomes more Masters of the Universe with the Variable Variants! Test your Eternian Expertise with the most powerful deep cuts in the universe! Who knows where each of these colorways comes from?! The latest assortment includes Hordak, Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man, Ram Man, and Teela in exclusive colorways inspired by different sources in the MOTU World. This will be a Limited Edition one-time release that will drop next Wednesday (4/17) only in the Super7 webstore. Stinkor is also in the mix but will arrive later in the near future.

So where are all these from

Toy colours Hordak - is this a variant with the red sides? will we get a regular Toy colours Hordak without the red sides at a later date?
    87 Moive Man-At-Arms?
    Mini-Comic Mer-Man?
    Mini-Comic/card back Ram-Man
    Green Goddess? - how does this differ from the previous one?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Green Goddess? - how does this differ from the previous one?
    The previous Goddess had green skin with dark green, blue, and brown armor and white bracers. This one seems to have a blueish skin tone with gold and white armor and dark gold bracers. Its basically just a color variant of the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    The previous Goddess had green skin with dark green, blue, and brown armor and white bracers. This one seems to have a blueish skin tone with gold and white armor and light brown bracers. Its basically just a color variant of the first one.
    So is there a source for both these colour variants? Does the Green Goddess appear in a different mini-comics with these different colour schemes?

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    So is there a source for both these colour variants? Does the Green Goddess appear in a different mini-comics with these different colour schemes?
    The first one we got with the dark green and blue armor is her original mini comic colors. This new color scheme I am not sure about.

The previous Goddess had green skin with dark green, blue, and brown armor and white bracers. This one seems to have a blueish skin tone with gold and white armor and dark gold bracers. Its basically just a color variant of the first one.
    Pretty cool color combination. Itís a pity the sculpting is so bad

Is anybody else really, really bothered that Stinkor doesn't have his shield? The presence of the blue gun isn't some rare international variant or something is it?
    Last edited by Barbecue17; April 10, 2019 at 03:56pm.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Is anybody else really, really bothered that Stinkor doesn't have his shield? The presence of the blue gun isn't some rare international variant or something is it?
    Hadnít noticed, but now it bugs me. I guess theyíre just reusing tooling, like Camo Khanís arms

Court Magician
    I don't think the Man-At-Arms is from the '87 film. His armor was a steel blue in the movie.

I love love LOVE that Slime Pit He-Man art!!! I kinda wish these were a pre-order situation, only because I'm worried it's going to sell out in five seconds on release day.

Heroic Warrior
    Stinkor's Zodac gun comes from the UK comics, if I'm not mistaken.

No idea where the blue Faker-ish Goddess comes from....?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

The slime pit He-man is a definite must have. Stinkor as well. The others I can easily pass on. I already have the first Hordak, Merman, Ram Man, and Goddess, and the Man-at-arms is quite boring lol.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Stinkor's Zodac gun comes from the UK comics, if I'm not mistaken.

No idea where the blue Faker-ish Goddess comes from....?
    It originates from a German Ehapa comics story that was reprinted in the UK.

As one who's been requesting that blue gun for ages in the Classics line, I'm super-excited for this figure.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post

As one who's been requesting that blue gun for ages in the Classics line, I'm super-excited for this figure.
    OK, cool to know. Hopefully this is an intentional variant and we'll get Stinkor with a shield in the future release.

It'd be nice if Super7 would consider doing another weapons pack. They could easily throw in a blue Zodac pistol!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior

Thanks for the clarification! Learn something new everyday!

- - - Updated - - -

OK, cool to know. Hopefully this is an intentional variant and we'll get Stinkor with a shield in the future release.

It'd be nice if Super7 would consider doing another weapons pack. They could easily throw in a blue Zodac pistol!
    Yeah, we're overdue for another weapons pack!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Widget
    Boy, I am stumped on some of these variants.
    I know:
    Hordak is the vintage toy colors.
    Ram Man is orange vest card back art.

But,
    Teela: The greenish tint to her skin suggests "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic Green Goddess. But, clearly her armor is the wrong color and we already got an accurate version of Green Goddess Teela in last year's Power Con assortment. So, not sure on the source of this one.

Man-At-Arms: I was able to find an old post in these forums with a photo of a similarly colored Man-At-Arms figure with the suggestion this is a Fuerza-T prototype. Others have suggested this is a '87 movie Man-At-Arms...but the colors are just not right for that kind of variant...Super 7 could do much better if '87 Movie MAA was their goal.

Mer-Man...no clue...they already included "Mini-Comics" colors Mer-Man with the carrying case a while back...

I hope Super 7 fills us in on the source of these figures next week during the sale!

Here's the important question: Will Stinkor stink?

Perhaps Mer-man is the same as the first reaction mer-man minus the green belt. This would reflect the difference between the two versions of the vintage figure.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I doubt that, as this Mer-Man has much darker blue skin tone. Maybe it's from a comic or power art?
    Personally, I would have done Hordak's cannon arm with reversed colors there, in order to reference Hurricane Hordak's arm.
    Not sure if it speaks for or against Super7 that even us hardcore fans have such a hard time realizing where some those color schemes originate from.

Anyway, Stinkor and Slime Pit He-Man are must-haves for me. The rest I wall pass, as I'm not a completist on this line.

But Stinkor really makes me wonder if he is the last new character in this line before Super7 must put an end to it.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I believe the Hordak is based on a Malaysian Hordak variant that also had the red stripes on the side of the armor.

"We have a Ram-Man!"

I believe the Hordak is based on a Malaysian Hordak variant that also had the red stripes on the side of the armor.
    So this is my question on this, if this is based on a vintage red ribs variant will get a regular toy colour Hordak without the red stripes at a later date? If so I'd rather wait for the regular one but if this is the only release based on the toys colours we get then I'll want to get this one. I wish they'd be more transparent on this sort of thing. I'm only buying one either way but would rather have it without the red stripes if they are going to release it.

Also if MAA is based on the movie will we be getting other Reaction figures based on the movie?

Is the only difference on Mer-Man the belt colour? Original is green, and this variant is yellow?

Also shipping is killing us! Can they not offer an option to not ship until Stinkor is ready instead of paying two lots of shipping?

Wanted:

But Stinkor really makes me wonder if he is the last new character in this line before Super7 must put an end to it.
    Was he the last figure of the original "vintage" figures?

I was 7 years old, it was the first episode I saw, and because of that screenshot I thought it was spelled with an 'E'... "I didn't invent the ****ing thing!" - Kyle Reese
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

REIGNBOW BRUTE; Crushing Your Childhood One Dream at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rammy View Post
    Was he the last figure of the original "vintage" figures?

No...Stinkor was released in 1985. The last figures produced and released in the Vintage line were Laser Power He-Man and Laser Light Skeletor in 1988.

The MAA figure feels like the silver armor version from the 200X line.

The Goddess reminds me of a non U.S. comic, but I can’t think of which one.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

The last figures produced and released in the Vintage line were Laser Power He-Man and Laser Light Skeletor in 1988.
    Ah yes, I remember now; it was the He-Man with the Dolph Lundgren looking sculpt! Cool!

Stinkor really makes me wonder if he is the last new character in this line before Super7 must put an end to it.
    I just wondered though, has Super7 said something about ending these figures? Have I missed something? What does it mean?

Thanks, I hope you can help!

I was 7 years old, it was the first episode I saw, and because of that screenshot I thought it was spelled with an 'E'... "I didn't invent the ****ing thing!" - Kyle Reese
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

REIGNBOW BRUTE; Crushing Your Childhood One Dream at a Time!