Thread: Hello from the Western Reaches of Canada!

Hello from the Western Reaches of Canada!

I created an account months ago but have been lurking around since before then. I'm not sure how often I'll be posting (I have so many things to keep track of) but I thought I should at least introduce myself.

MOTU was probably my first love as a kid...something I actually forgot about as I got older. It was a show I was only able to watch at a neighbourhood kid's house...the first time I saw an episode was a BIG deal. It felt a bit forbidden and exciting. This kid also had all the toys and I was in absolute awe of his collection. I only had a few figures myself through garage sales I think...Prince Adam, Two-Bad, Battle Damage Skeletor, and Roboto were the most memorable for me (though some of my memories are skewed as to whether I owned other characters or just saw them at a friend's house).

The movie was an even bigger deal and I saw it as soon as it arrived on VHS. It was a bit confusing (what's a "Gwildor"??) but I loved it...pretty sure anyways.

But yes, I did forget about this Deep Love until I started to collect Funko stuff. When the latest wave was released over a year ago it awoke in me both memories and nostalgia but more importantly, and surprisingly, how much I would still love it. It's almost a new thing that I never got to fully explore as a kid. The TV show is ridiculous and fantastic and I love the epic absurdity...I love all the characters and background artwork. And as I began to explore what else was out there (discovering Pixel Dan, MOTU Classics, Loyal Subjects, this website, etc...) I needed to know more and more.

A few months ago I purchased the gigantic and amazing Character Guide and World Compendium...I love it so much! And I look forward to picking up the other books as I'm able to. I'm also really enjoying the Roast Gooble Dinner podcast.

I've picked up a few vintage figures to go with my collection (mostly Funko and Loyal Subjects stuff). I have pre-ordered the Slime Pit Zombie He-Man, which I'm really excited about...not to forget the wrapping paper which is one of the most amazing things I've seen (that I shouldn't spend that much money on)...and I will be picking up some of the Filmation style 5.5 inch figures eventually.

So, yup...that's about it.

Cheers,
    Kate

Welcome aboard, Kate! Jump on into the discussion.

Thanks!

Welcome! Ah... that nostalgia bug...

Welcome sir and enjoy your stay at hotel He-Man.Org, LOL.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, ersatz.kate!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you will need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Hello, Kate!! Great introduction, you'll fit right in here with your love and appreciation of MOTU!! If you're looking to build your collection, keep an eye on the marketplace here and you may find some good deals. As you know, we have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy