Thread: Hi from Carlsbad, California

Hi from Carlsbad, California

Hi, everybody.

I'm a big He-Man fan, loved the figures back in the day and watched the cartoon religiously. I always had a soft spot for the mini-comics and a couple of years ago I picked up the Dark Horse collection. A lot of fun to revisit the old stories and spend time in Eternia again.

At Comic-Con a couple of years ago, I met a guy who told me about Power-Con, and now I've attended the past couple of years, planning to go this year as well. (Dressed as Stratos last year, which was fun.)

I've now picked up the rest of the Dark Horse He-Man collections and particularly loved the newspaper comic strips. Cool to see such a sustained storyline, felt like I really got to know the characters and the world even better. The Encyclopedia is really amazing, too, as it helped me piece together all the subsequent history that Mattel sort of retconned into the story, with the original He-Man from the first mini-comic know being known as Oo-Lar, and those other variations (Wun-Dar, Vikor, etc.) Cool how they turned concept art into new figures and more story.

Anyway, I just really dig He-Man and think it's great this site exists. Thanks!

Best,
    Perry

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, pcrowe!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you will need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Hello, Perry!! It's awesome that you're enjoying the Dark Horse books so much, they're some of my favorite MOTU items to be released in the last few years!! We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Welcome aboard! I think I remember your Stratos last year.

Oh hey, a fellow Californian! I'm from the bay area. I didn't know Dark Horse had some He-Man comics! Hopefully their stories are a bit more diverse than the original cartoon.

Thanks, dedset, dorrman, and Khoufu! Glad to be here.

Dorrman, my Stratos was pretty homespun, not nearly as amazing as the real cosplayers, but it was fun to dress up as my main man, the bearded flying monkey with awesome shades

Khoufu, the Dark Horse books I've read are really just collections of pre-existing material, from the mini-comics and comic strips to the art used in the packaging and summaries of the various characters (https://digital.darkhorse.com/series...f-the-universe), but they are still really awesome collections, showcasing the amazing imagination of MOTU. In terms of diversity, it seems like the new She-Ra cartoon is maybe making more strides in that directions. It's by the Noelle Stevenson, who did Nimona (http://gingerhaze.com/NIMONA), which was really well received. Might be worth checking out

Best,
    Perry

California here too and welcome.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Thanks, Harry! Hope all is well in Santa Ana. My wife is from Brea and always talks about the arts scene in Santa Ana. Any experience with it yourself? Or any tips in general of stuff to do in Santa Ana? I'm still exploring the SoCal region from San Diego up to Orange County. (I used to live in LA, so I know that area pretty well.)

Best,
    Perry