Thread: Mini-Comics Size

Mini-Comics Size

Hi, all.

I love the old mini-comics, and I'm trying to figure out what size they were. It want to say 4.5 x 5.75. Does that sound right? Does anyone have an issue of the old mini-comics that you could measure and let me know?

Thanks,
    Perry

Quote Originally Posted by pcrowe View Post
    Hi, all.

I love the old mini-comics, and I'm trying to figure out what size they were. It want to say 4.5 x 5.75. Does that sound right? Does anyone have an issue of the old mini-comics that you could measure and let me know?

Thanks,
    Perry
    I just measured one and it is approximately 4.25 x 5.5.
    Last edited by depp76; April 17, 2019 at 07:16pm.

Awesome! Thanks so much, depp! I'm working on a sort of homage to He-Man and the mini-comics and I want to do a printing that's in line with the old mini-comics. This is super useful.

Sounds like you must have a pretty awesome collection. I had the toys back in the day, but sadly I didn't hold on to them. But their spirit is very much alive. Are you going to Power-Con?

Anyway, thanks again for sending the measurements. Super helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by pcrowe View Post
    Awesome! Thanks so much, depp! I'm working on a sort of homage to He-Man and the mini-comics and I want to do a printing that's in line with the old mini-comics. This is super useful.

Sounds like you must have a pretty awesome collection. I had the toys back in the day, but sadly I didn't hold on to them. But their spirit is very much alive. Are you going to Power-Con?

Anyway, thanks again for sending the measurements. Super helpful!
    Sure thing! I still have all of the Vintage MOTU figures and their mini comics except for the last wave in 1988 (Laser Light Skeletor, Laser Power He-Man, Tytus, Megator).

Sounds like a very cool project that you have in store! You should start a topic about it and post pictures when you get rolling with it!

I would absolutely love to go to Power-Con, but alas I live on the opposite side of the U.S. and it is just not in the cards for me. But I did make sure to pre order the Con exclusives that I wanted!
    Last edited by depp76; April 19, 2019 at 08:16am.

That sounds like an awesome collection. Those Laser Light editions were pretty nuts.

Thanks for the kind words about my project. I will definitely have to post about it once I have it a bit further along. Lots of fun!

I hear you about not making the cross-country trip to Power-Con. The exclusives as super cool.

I see you're in North Carolina. Have you ever gone to HeroesCon in Charlotte? It's not He-Man specific, but I've heard from people that it's one of the best comic book conventions around. Just wondering if you've ever checked it out.