Thread: Point a new collector in the right direction?

Point a new collector in the right direction?

Hi, I love the old cartoons (MotU/PoP) but I know next to nothing about toys or other media/merch for the He-Man universe. Is there a beginner's guide or something like that out there? Or at least some sort of rough value guide for the vintage toys? I heard there are comics, are there scans of those floating around the internet?

Thanks in advance,
    -A transplant from MLP and Star Trek/Wars action figure collecting

This site might help you some.

http://www.he-man.org/collecting/collecting.php

You can also find the full collection of the mini-comics on eBay - should that be of interest to you.

Check out the Power of Grayskull docu on Netflix...
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Keldor, 200x Zodak, Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, Tung Lashor, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

There are some rather amusing looking animals on the MotU list, as well as some characters I thought were only on She-Ra. Panthor is definitely at the top of my want list.

Also, I'd like to know about terminology? Is there any difference referring to something as He-Man vs MotU? And how do you difference between Princess of Power and Princesses of Power in shorthand?

MOTU often refers to the entire property although sometimes it refers to just the original He-Man focused toyline. PoP or POP usually refers to the She-Ra: Princess of Power vintage toyline and the Filmation cartoon. I have no idea how we're designating the difference between the vintage POP and the new Princesses of Power yet. Probably will be referred to as Netflix She-Ra or Dreamworks She-Ra.

Other references, just in case:

NA refers to the 1989 He-Man toyline (He-Man in Space) and the Jetlag cartoon The New Adventures of He-Man.

200x can refer to Mattel's 2002 toyline and sometimes to the cartoon as well. MYP refers specifically to the cartoon by Mike Young Productions.

MOTUC refers to Masters of the Universe Classics, the modern toyline that began in 2008 and encompasses characters from every era of Masters of the Universe.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Thanks for clarifying those.