Thread: Meet-up at Power-Con

Master of New Adventures!

Meet-up at Power-Con

Well, I guess since I've been announced as a Power-Con guest on the Power-Con site, the cat's out of the bag. The nice thing about my attendance being mentioned this far in advance is that it will give NA-haters and my verbal fencing adversaries in The Tar Swamp ample time to buy rotten heads of cabbage to hurl my way. Ah, just kidding.

Seriously, I'm delighted Val has invited me to attend during the 30th anniversary of NA year and I'm really looking forward to meeting and interacting with fans.

Fun! I will never attend Power Con unless they change the venue some place closer (it is on the opposite coast). I hope everyone who does attend has a blast!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Gosh, no one wants to meet me. Maybe I should save Val the trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Fun! I will never attend Power Con unless they change the venue some place closer (it is on the opposite coast).
    Same here.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    In the odd chance I can make it this year, I would definitely like to meet you Mr. Olesker. Hopefully you can petition Super7 to make more New Adventures figures in Masters of the Universe Classics.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I would totally meet you, Jack!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I absolutely want to meet you. But it's out of my budget to head out to Cali now. Some day!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Chris here...

Being based in the UK I have zero chance of attending - but you are one person I would 100% love to meet. Your kindness, generosity, wisdom, and the craftsmanship you put into your work, for all these things I'd love to shake you by the hand.

I remember watching "The New Adventures of He-Man: The Movie" on Christmas Eve 1990 and lapping up every word. I went round the house all Christmas Eve afternoon shouting "By the Power of Eternia!" - my Dad was confused why not "By the Power of Grayskull!" If you'd told me then that almost 30 years later I'd be conversing with the guy who made that memory possible, I'd have thought that was unbelievably cool - and in 2019 I feel the same!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Awwwwww. Thanks to one and all. Those who can't make it will be missed. Looking forward to meeting those who can.

And I'll definitely be lobbying Super7. I'll do whatever they would like me to do in order to assist with the line -- signing carded figs at no charge, for instance.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Awwwwww. Thanks to one and all. Those who can't make it will be missed. Looking forward to meeting those who can.

And I'll definitely be lobbying Super7. I'll do whatever they would like me to do in order to assist with the line -- signing carded figs at no charge, for instance.
    That's very generous of you. Hopefully Super7 sees the response to NA at Power-Con to justify completing the vintage toy lineup. And yes, we need Drissi too.

Thanks for being such a cool guy and one of the wise voices on the forums.

Well, I guess since I've been announced as a Power-Con guest on the Power-Con site, the cat's out of the bag. The nice thing about my attendance being mentioned this far in advance is that it will give NA-haters and my verbal fencing adversaries in The Tar Swamp ample time to buy rotten heads of cabbage to hurl my way. Ah, just kidding.

Seriously, I'm delighted Val has invited me to attend during the 30th anniversary of NA year and I'm really looking forward to meeting and interacting with fans.
    I assume you'll be a part of a panel, but will you have a table at the con? I'm sure I'll stop by and say hi and maybe talk about the Huskers some. I might bring something from one of the New Adventures DVD sets for you to sign if you don't mind.

I will definitely have a table. Whether or not I'm on a panel is entirely up to Val.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I assume you'll be a part of a panel, but will you have a table at the con? I'm sure I'll stop by and say hi and maybe talk about the Huskers some. I might bring something from one of the New Adventures DVD sets for you to sign if you don't mind.

I will be there with my family and I look forward to shaking your hand and thanking you for the entertainment you've given me throughout my childhood.

It will be my pleasure and honor. As I've often said, "Writers, producers, directors and actors are nothing without fans." So I'm the one who is grateful to all of you...and, of course, to Val for inviting me.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I will be there with my family and I look forward to shaking your hand and thanking you for the entertainment you've given me throughout my childhood.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    It will be my pleasure and honor. As I've often said, "Writers, producers, directors and actors are nothing without fans." So I'm the one who is grateful to all of you...and, of course, to Val for inviting me.
    I wish I could go, I would love to meet you too!
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"