Thread: Happy Easter To My Friends

Happy Easter To My Friends

Happy Easter to all my beloved friends! I hope you have a great holiday whether you are a religious/spiritual person or someone who believes chocolate eggs are made by magic colourful bunnies in candlelit warrens who hop into back gardens on dewy mornings to give Easter treats.

easter-eggs.jpg

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Easter is this weekend? I wish we could just sink that to the solar calendar and have a set weeked, but I digress Happy Easter!
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

Happy Easter! We need a bunny eared He-Man emoji.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro Eats Soup View Post
    Haha!

That's actually a photo I took for my review of Plundor!

Happy Easter, everyone!

Anyone have any special Easter traditions or things you/ your family does? Tomorrow night we have Maundy Thursday service. It's a very somber and moving service that makes Easter so much more special.

My parents came to visit and my dad brought some homemade buttercream eggs. They're insanely rich but they're so good (they're a confection, kind of like a cream filled egg with chocolate coating.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

My family lives out of state and we rarely see them on holidays (and honestly most of my family is gone now), so on Easter Sunday we stay at home (just the four of us, but anyone is welcome to come over) and have a Pennsylvania style Easter with all of the foods I grew up with. We make a glazed ham with cherries and pineapple, pickled eggs and beets (I hate beets, but love the eggs), macaroni and potato salad, baked beans and pineapple upside down cake (to die for).

Easter morning is reserved for my in-laws. They do an annual 'breakfast' with some really odd food and shots of whiskey (eww), but hey it is their tradition. We usually get together at MIL's and have breakfast and then the kids get baskets from them. We do too and it is always filled with stuff I do not want to eat. But I am not an ingrate, so I thank them and send it to work with my hubby - LOL! This year MIL is allowing me to host, so I am doing another egg hunt for all the grand kids.

For my kids the Easter Bunny always leaves eggs scattered around the house for them to find. We fill them with Lego mini figures and pieces of sets and then once they collect them all they can build them. We do not do a lot of sweets, so we had to be creative. Then there is one giant egg they have to find and that is filled with a bigger Lego set. Of course they have to find their Easter baskets too. I splurge on really neat basket things too. Lots of vintage type toys as well as just really unique things and of course one fluffy, ridiculously cute stuffie.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I love any combination of chocolate and peppermint. That is my one weakness.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro Eats Soup View Post
    Easter is this weekend? I wish we could just sink that to the solar calendar and have a set weeked, but I digress Happy Easter!
    Easter is always the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the first day of spring (Vernal Equinox). I actually prefer it that way since I used it in teaching the history of the calendar in astrophysics.

But Happy Easter to all! My family goes to Mass after my kids find their Easter baskets. Then we go to Nana's house for dinner and the Easter Egg hunt. I love traditions.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Happy Easter to all my beloved friends! I hope you have a great holiday whether you are a religious/spiritual person or someone who believes chocolate eggs are made by magic colourful bunnies in candlelit warrens who hop into back gardens on dewy mornings to give Easter treats.

easter-eggs.jpg

Cheers, Mikey
    Both of these things apply to me!

A very Happy Easter to you, Mikey my friend, and to everyone here on the .org!

IceyCat, as a self-confessed LEGO addict, I wholeheartedly approve of your kids' Easter LEGO hunt! What set(s) have they got this year?

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Happy Easter, everyone. Guess you probably know where I fall on the Easter spectrum.
    If the Easter Bunny leaves you a pile of black jelly beans, don't eat them. They are not licorice. Just saying.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Happy Easter!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    IceyCat, as a self-confessed LEGO addict, I wholeheartedly approve of your kids' Easter LEGO hunt! What set(s) have they got this year?

Take care...
    Hi Chris -

My hubby picked them up this year, so I am not sure. Last year Kaydence got the Wonder Woman room set and SJ got one of the motors sets (?), a yellow motorcycle. We also do mini figures, so whatever ones are current he picked up. My daughter is refusing to allow me to go anywhere without her, so I was not able to do the egg stuffing shopping.

I tricked them into giving me 20 minutes in a local toy store (they thought I was in the doctor's office in the same plaza) to get their basket stuff. I am SO excited about that. I spent a small fortune (because it is a small local business), but I got them the neatest stuff! I am totally going to play with it. I will have to take pictures to share.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Happy Easter, everyone. Guess you probably know where I fall on the Easter spectrum.
    If the Easter Bunny leaves you a pile of black jelly beans, don't eat them. They are not licorice. Just saying.
    Every year the Easter Bunny leaves our crabby doxie a box of treats, but piled on top is a big pile of 'Easter Bunny poop!' Ha! We use Whoppers for those. I do not know how people can eat them, they are SO gross!

Happy Easter and Happy Passover.

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Hi Chris -

My hubby picked them up this year, so I am not sure. Last year Kaydence got the Wonder Woman room set and SJ got one of the motors sets (?), a yellow motorcycle. We also do mini figures, so whatever ones are current he picked up. My daughter is refusing to allow me to go anywhere without her, so I was not able to do the egg stuffing shopping.

I tricked them into giving me 20 minutes in a local toy store (they thought I was in the doctor's office in the same plaza) to get their basket stuff. I am SO excited about that. I spent a small fortune (because it is a small local business), but I got them the neatest stuff! I am totally going to play with it. I will have to take pictures to share.
    That sounds awesome! Would love to see some pics!

The motors sets are almost certainly LEGO Technic - this one per chance?

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Yes, that is the one. It is one of the few sets he has actually kept together

Happy Easter, everyone!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Happy Easter, all!!!

A fun Easter service at my church tomorrow morning, then candy and eggs, then Easter dinner!!! (ham and awesome sides)

...and Game of Thrones to close out the day.

Happy Easter. We went to church and we gave the kids candy and some Pokemon cards for Easter presents. We aren't eating a big Easter dinner until next weekend with my parents.

Master of New Adventures!
    Happy Easter to one and all. We've just returned from Mass. Kim is making a cinnamon/egg casserole for our family breakfast, then ham, scalloped potatoes and cornbread for dinner. Our son, Alex, surprised us by coming home from college last night for the holiday. Very nice.

Happy Easter, everybody!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Happy Easter everyone! Just about to enjoy dinner, then a day off work tomorrow!
    Guess again, lobster-lips

We had a pretty amazing Easter weekend. My MIL even gave me compliments!!! Apparently I am a good hostess, YAY! Was there really any doubt though? Now onto birthday planning. We are having a SUPER Ninth, Super Mario birthday for my son in two weeks. I am even making life sized characters for decorations. Stay tuned!