Thread: Who is the Vintage toy head that came with Oolar supposed to be now?

Widget

Who is the Vintage toy head that came with Oolar supposed to be now?

Hello all. I understand the modern head sculpt of Adam seems to be He-man.
    The Alcala head is now Oolar. So who is the vintage toy face in classics cannon now? Both? That would be strange.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Baba1983; April 21, 2019 at 03:22am.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't get what you're asking. They are all he man.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Cannon has nothing to do with it. It's just a head based on the original He-Man toy from the 80s. Simple as that.
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

I understand what you mean. As far as I’m concerned, it’s OO-Lar, as that’s who it came with, and it doesn’t quite look like the He-Man we’ve got. Of course, the Power-Con Adam has the other Oo-Lar bead, so I don’t think it is a sticking point for many.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Keep Reading The (Masters Monday!) Bios! [^D
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Widget
    It is He-man. The head was made as an update to the original MOTU Classics He-Man, and later became the primary head for the Ultimate He-man released by Super 7.

Because it looked like the Vintage toy, fitting with the packaging...
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Widget
    "OO-Larr" is not a character. It's a typographical trademark filing error. The figure in that package is Tribal He-Man or Jungle He-Man, whichever you prefer. (Also, Wundar is Savage He-Man.)

The 'spare head' that came in the Tribal He-Man package went where it should have been in the first place, on the MOTUC He-Man body. The Emo-Kid pink eyeliner head went where it should have gone in the first place, the trash can.

If you don't believe that the spare Alcala head shouldn't be on the regular He-Man's body, then put the Emo head version next to King He-Man and tell me they're supposed to be the same character. Now put the spare Alcala head on and marvel at the similarity between the two.

But if you're asking which character is which in the convoluted mess of a chronology that the evil villain Nite-Likker created, who cares? That line was never meant to be taken seriously; might as well try make Teela's father turn out to be Stan Lee, and Mo-Larr, Eternian Dentist into Prince Adam's long-lost half brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalkerē View Post
    "OO-Larr" is not a character. It's a typographical trademark filing error. The figure in that package is Tribal He-Man or Jungle He-Man, whichever you prefer. (Also, Wundar is Savage He-Man.)

The 'spare head' that came in the Tribal He-Man package went where it should have been in the first place, on the MOTUC He-Man body. The Emo-Kid pink eyeliner head went where it should have gone in the first place, the trash can.

If you don't believe that the spare Alcala head shouldn't be on the regular He-Man's body, then put the Emo head version next to King He-Man and tell me they're supposed to be the same character. Now put the spare Alcala head on and marvel at the similarity between the two.

But if you're asking which character is which in the convoluted mess of a chronology that the evil villain Nite-Likker created, who cares? That line was never meant to be taken seriously; might as well try make Teela's father turn out to be Stan Lee, and Mo-Larr, Eternian Dentist into Prince Adam's long-lost half brother.
    Haha, tell us what you really think.
    Non of it is meant to be taken seriously. It is all just stories meant to sell more toys.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by mikehev View Post
    It is He-man. The head was made as an update to the original MOTU Classics He-Man, and later became the primary head for the Ultimate He-man released by Super 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Because it looked like the Vintage toy, fitting with the packaging...

I believe the vintage head was intentional as default head for Ultimate due to the use of vintage design for the cardback. Teela was also wearing his snake garb as default for the Ultimate line.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalkerē View Post

Lol. Good.
    That original Emo head sculpt does indeed belong in the trash. I love the vintage toy head. The ultimates was when I started collecting. I was like wow! They nailed the head sculpt.
    Last edited by Baba1983; April 21, 2019 at 03:29am.

I use the heads to show the aging of Adam into his various looks.

The head that came with Snake Armor goes on a He-Man with actual 200x gear on because he looks young. I created an Ice Armor He-Man with repainted Thunder Punch and Icer parts to use with this head as well.

The original MOTUC head is on the original body.

The vintage style head goes on battle armor He-Man.

The LP head is on LP He-Man...

sometimes I rotate these around though because I can’t really decide. I don’t display NA or FF He-Man. FF became King He-Man and NA became somebody else. So sometimes I think LP should be NA He-Man and put an original head on him.

I turned Power Con Adam into Power Con He-Man to represent Ular (not Oo-Lar because that just seems like an ape or something).

I created a Torak with a second vintage style head.

Snake Armor is a King Grayskull variant.

Like it's already been said, the extra head was a better updated sculpt of the original MOTUC He-man's head. It's certainly the one I use on my He-man.