Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 164 Discussion - Snake Mountain talk w/ Eric Treadaway

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 164 Discussion - Snake Mountain talk w/ Eric Treadaway

Episode 164 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, Nate Baertsch, and Daniel Benedict are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they are joined by Eric Treadaway from the Four Horsemen to discuss
    MOTUC Snake Mountain pre-order,
    changes to Snake Mountain from start to finish,
    Joe Amaro and Nate Baertsch interview on AdultCollector.Org,
    the snake design,
    the trap door and net,
    designing the playset,
    the size of the playset,
    200x Snake Mountain toy sketches,
    the features of the playset,
    the future of Classics,
    the cost of the playset,
    and much more!

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on May 30, 2019
    Runtime: 1 hour, 06 minutes, 38 seconds

Direct link for Episode 164

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Awesome episode guys. really great hearing all details that went into Snake Mountain
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Awesome episode guys. really great hearing all details that went into Snake Mountain
    Thank ye sir! With this episode, Adult Collector's interview with Brian, our recent RGD episode with Brian, and also bcrduke's interview with Brian,
    combined with all the info Super7 has posted,
    there's a wealth of info out there at the moment.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Very cool. Always enjoy "making of", behind the scenes stuff...the details, the passion, everything that goes into it.

Also. STOP TEMPTING ME YOU MONSTERS! I've got *checks notes* responsibilities...

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode! And thank you for mentioning my interviews! I can't wait to see Snake Mountain at Power-Con this year.

Hooray, Nate is back!
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Although the LED lights that were mentioned for the faces in the walls are probably not feasible at this point due to additional costs involved, I wonder if glow in the dark paint could be used instead so that when the lights are out, you see a bunch of little eyes peering at you in the darkness?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factorz View Post
    Although the LED lights that were mentioned for the faces in the walls are probably not feasible at this point due to additional costs involved, I wonder if glow in the dark paint could be used instead so that when the lights are out, you see a bunch of little eyes peering at you in the darkness?
    Now that's a kick-butt idea!
    and since they make different colors of GITD paints, that could be a great custom upgrade.

This episode made me happy I pre-ordered.

Great to have Eric back on the show.
    It would be great to see the 200x Snake Mountain toy sketches and it if they're able to post those can they also post photos of the Horde-Buster He-man 2-up please.
    This is the only photo we have of it from the 4HM panel at Power-Con 2011:

MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    It would be great to see the 200x Snake Mountain toy sketches and it if they're able to post those can they also post photos of the Horde-Buster He-man 2-up please.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/13977/HBHM.jpg
    Indeed! I'm always surprised when the Four Horsemen are asked about something from unreleased from the 200x line and they're all like "Oh, you guys actually want to see that?" YES! We want to see it!

It would be great to see the 200x Snake Mountain toy sketches ...
    Yes please! I would love to see the 200x snake mountain sketches!

Also, Penny (if you are listening), did you end up selling your 200x collection?

After about 5 years of not being displayed, I parted with my 200x collection last year. I still miss them, but I feel better knowing they have a chance of being displayed in their new homes. I ended up using some of the proceeds to picking up a MOC original Lion-O, which IS on display. So I still don’t regret my decision.

Heroic Warrior

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/13977/HBHM.jpg
    Since that's one that we never got it'd be great to see it realized in Classics.

Lots of good stuff in this Gooble! When talk turned to Tri-Klops' work bench it got me to thinking…why couldn't Super7 do an expansion pack? Maybe a combined one with extras for Castle Grayskull? We could get…

• An official "manhole cover" for the Wind Raider stand plug. (Castle Grayskull)
    • Sculpted Grayskull dungeon creatures (Castle Grayskull)
    • Tri-Klops' work bench (Snake Mountain)
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post

Also, Penny (if you are listening), did you end up selling your 200x collection?

After about 5 years of not being displayed, I parted with my 200x collection last year. I still miss them, but I feel better knowing they have a chance of being displayed in their new homes. I ended up using some of the proceeds to picking up a MOC original Lion-O, which IS on display. So I still don’t regret my decision.
    Hi Creedog,

I've decided to keep them, for awhile longer at least. If they remain packed away for another year or two, then I will revisit the possibility of selling them. I do really like that collection, but I just don't have room to display those and Classics right now. If I end up buying a house someday, maybe I will have more room to display everything.

Sorry you parted with your 200x collection, but I totally get it. And now you have the MOC Lion-O, which is awesome.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Hi Creedog,

I've decided to keep them, for awhile longer at least. If they remain packed away for another year or two, then I will revisit the possibility of selling them. I do really like that collection, but I just don't have room to display those and Classics right now. If I end up buying a house someday, maybe I will have more room to display everything.

Sorry you parted with your 200x collection, but I totally get it. And now you have the MOC Lion-O, which is awesome.
    Thanks for the response, and the great podcasts!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Lots of good stuff in this Gooble! When talk turned to Tri-Klops' work bench it got me to thinking…why couldn't Super7 do an expansion pack? Maybe a combined one with extras for Castle Grayskull? We could get…

• Sculpted Grayskull dungeon creatures (Castle Grayskull)
    The Grayskull dungeon is one of my most wanted items and we know it was sculpted but cut from the final Grayskull release so it would be great to get it released on it's own.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Hi Creedog,

For what it's worth, I'm happy I kept mine, they still display really well, and at this point they're even somewhat nostalgic.

Just wondering: any chance you could add Stitcher to your podcast distributors? It's a great podcasting app that's fairly popular. RGD is the only podcast I don't listen to on it.
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and the Griffen

Great episode! I didn’t realize all the improvements to the sculpt made for the S7 version. I went and compared the two after listening and, wow, what a difference!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Snappy Threader
    So glad to have RGD back! I am getting caught up on the new episodes and it's just like old times hanging out with my buddies.