Thread: I'm seeking information about the character Nordor.

Widget

I'm seeking information about the character Nordor.

I was reading about various things on the he-man.org encyclopedia, and the page about the Sword Of He really caught my attention.

The Sword Of He was forged by the first Council Of Elders, to use to defeat the evil Nordor. When Keclar used the Sword Of He on Nordor, which shattered and split his spirit in two. He lives as a bodiless entity, roaming the planet of Eternia, searching for the other half of his spirit, that is concealed in the Shakarran Crystal. When he finds it, he plans on destroying the sleeping Ancients, with the power of the “Star Seed”. He remains a bodiless spirit unable to personally fulfill his vision of Universal conquest.
    I'm very curious where this information comes from. Is there a comic or episode where these events happened? Are there any comics or episodes with the character Nordor? If so, I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me to them.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Upfirst, the information on Org is fan-submitted. I don't know who wrote all that, but there is some mixed ideas in there.

-Shakarran Crystal for example comes from the 2002 comics. The first volume deals with it.

- Nordor is something that Emiliano had envisioned for the 2002 comics. You can read about it in this thread.

- Keclar is a character who comes from the vintage UK Comics. I don't think he is in MOTUC bios or mentioned next to Sword of He. And I don't recall right now any mention of Keclar done by Emiliano next to Nordor.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Widget
    Thank you very much for the reply, Jukka. It's a little disappointing that I can't read a comic with that storyline, but that thread you linked to was a very enjoyable read.

Is there somewhere I can read more about the Sword Of He? Does it appear in any of the comics?

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwildor's Beard View Post
    Is there somewhere I can read more about the Sword Of He? Does it appear in any of the comics?
    Sword of He is a term invented by MOTUC Bios. And that it comes from Trolla.

It's He-Man's Powersword.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Widget
    Thank you again, Jukka! You're a human encyclopedia, and I appreciate you sharing the knowledge.

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar
    The above passage about the Elders is pretty much 100% fanfiction, what's it doing on the encyclopedia?
    http://www.motuukcomics.co.uk

The Masters of the Universe/She-Ra UK Comics Fan Site!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Gwildor's Beard, your screen name is AWESOME!

When is an encyclopedia not an encyclopedia? :-( When it is full of lies!

As a general rule of thumb, if you read something and it doesn't say "In episode or issue whatever it is, blah blah did so and so" followed up by "The author when interviewed (link) had this to say about unpublished ideas had they been permitted to continue the story" then just ignore it, because it's either Fanfiction or poorly researched trivia lacking citations.

... "HE" being the Trollan word for Power" Toyguru
    Canonically, the following is all we have forNordor. It sounds right, but it's been a while since I watched that episode where NA Skeletor transforms into Disk of Doom Skeletor, that I can't even recall the episode title. (any help guys?) The Nordor article should use direct quotes from NA. I feel it's best to always use direct quotes to avoid the temptation to write fan fiction in place of biographies such as this one. (even the picture is inaccurate and combines Filmation with 200X elements LOL)

It's odd that we can't see who wrote this. I logged in and tried to look. It use to be open so that we could hold each other accountable for "mistakes" like this. Also who is the current gatekeeper? Do we still have people reading and approving these before they are posted? If not we obviously can't be trusted to rely on the honor system. :/ I really wish people would stop working against each other to make MOTU what they want it to be rather then enjoy and have fun documenting what it is. You want to make speculative fiction,picking and choosing references that's what the forum is for. The .ORG is supposed to be an encyclopedia of FACTS! It's suppose to be a research tool, not a platform to cement your opinions into lore.

What if I I changed
    Hordak: Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde!

Hordak was one of The First Ones, the Five Ancient ancestors who fought against the Energy Beast that ruled Eternia near the dawn of time. Together, this great Council of Elders drew out all the secrets of Creation, becoming the Masters of the Universe. Due to boredom befallen a paradise, Hordak secretly became the "Unnamed One", the leader of the Dino Reptilian Empire which the Snakemen where originally members of. The Great Wars shaped much of Eternia historically, technologically, and geographically speaking, it's effects will reverberate across the universe until the end of time. Hordak sought control of Central Tower of Eternia that he helped to build. Central Tower was deigned to draw power from Grayskull Tower, ultimate source of good magic, and Viper Tower, ultimate source of Evil Power, this stronghold held Eternia together. The Nuclear fall out and spacetime rifts wreaked so much devastation that Eternia was nearly destroyed during the Spell of Separation which formed the dark hemisphere! The once loyal Snakemen became a hated enemy Of Hordak's elite Horde once King Hiss realized he was just a pawn in Hordak's war games. Hordak waged wage war against all Eternia for control of Central Tower until his expulsion from The Great Council once it was made public that he was The Unnamed One! Banished to a lifeless planetoid, his jailors, fire entities where the founders of Etherian civilization. Meanwhile, on Eternia, Hordak's brother became supreme leader of the fledgeling offshoot of the now defunct Dino reptilian Kingdom that would grow into the Evil Horde Empire which in time would dominate the universe. Eons would pass, The Horde came to Etheria and Hordak was freed of his prison. Dispite his mastery of it, Hordak became repulsed by magical arts thanks to his countless battles with He-Ro. He came to depend more heavily upon technology and biology as the years went by. With his apprentice Skeletor (that he believed to be an Etherian native) Hordak launched an assault on Eternia looking to kidnap the King's Children. His plan was to raise both of them since he knew only Eternia's RIGHTFUL rulers could enter Central Tower unharmed by it's Guardian Lion...Upon touching baby Adora, he realized she was destined for something, though due to his expulsion from Eternia before the Sword of Power was forged he is unaware of the prophesy surrounding the birth of the Twins of Power."
    Nobody can say I'm wrong eh?
    That doesn't mean I'd try and trick people into thinking the above is what actually happened...No matter how much I think this be true, want this to be true, I wouldn't SAY "this is true" by putting it into the site's encyclopedia. I would if i had an agenda to fool people... :-(
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; April 5, 2015 at 01:36pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    When is an encyclopedia not an encyclopedia? :-(

As a general rule of thumb, if you read something and it doesn't say "In episode or issue whatever it is, blah blah did so and so" followed up by "The author when interviewed (link) had this to say about unpublished ideas had they been permitted to continue the story" then just ignore it, because it's either Fanfiction or poorly researched trivia lacking citations.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...61691da2bd.jpg

Canonically, the following is all we have forNordor. It sounds right, but it's been a while since I watched that episode where NA Skeletor transforms into Disk of Doom Skeletor, that I can't even recall the episode title. (any help guys?) The Nordor article should use direct quotes from NA. I feel it's best to always use direct quotes to avoid the temptation to write fan fiction in place of biographies such as this one. (even the picture is inaccurate and combines Filmation with 200X elements LOL)

It's odd that we can't see who wrote this. I logged in and tried to look. It use to be open so that we could hold each other accountable for "mistakes" like this. Also who is the current gatekeeper? Do we still have people reading and approving these before they are posted? If not we obviously can't be trusted to rely on the honor system. :/ I really wish people would stop working against each other to make MOTU what they want it to be rather then enjoy and have fun documenting what it is. You want to make speculative fiction,picking and choosing references that's what the forum is for. The .ORG is supposed to be an encyclopedia of FACTS! It's suppose to be a research tool, not a platform to cement your opinions into lore.
    Rather than taking all that time to write a long post coupled with a silly animated GIF intending to make fans feel bad, how about editing that entry to make it correct? You do have the power to do that. All registered fans have that power.

Some of the early entries still have inaccurate details in them and have never been updated in years. I wish I had the time to research and correct everything myself, but I haven't had the time in many years. So fans correcting the info would be appreciated, and far more productive.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

My point was a general one regarding the WHOLE encyclopedia. If i didn't think i was using my time productively, i wouldn't spend so much time typing. I don't give care enough about MOTUC continuity to have the desire to do the research to fix this particular entry, or numerious other erroneous entries. What would be productive is, this thread being bumped to the Classic's section of the site. People will jump at the chance to mine all references to all the wackiness of harmonizing the whzits to the whozsit and how Ro gave it to Grayskull yada yada yada. Soprceress made a cloned sword. Skeletor's Half sword. I can't recall all the twists and turns.

The person publishing lies SHOULD feel bad. If a person does a job right the first time, nobody has to fix anyone else's error. We all make mistakes though, if we work together, we'll make less of them. The point is that we should all welcome criticisms, how else are we to grow?

The gif is only there to make my post seamless serious then it i, besides it's clearly self deprecating. "oh no he didn't". "oh yes I did". So C'mon man. "why so serious"

EDIT: to your point, I removed the erroneous information, and placed a starting plac somebody who cares more can expand upon. TEAMWORK!

MATERIAL THAT WAS REMOVED:
    The Sword Of He was forged by the first Council Of Elders, to use to defeat the evil Nordor. When Keclar used the Sword Of He on Nordor, which shattered and split his spirit in two. He lives as a bodiless entity, roaming the planet of Eternia, searching for the other half of his spirit, that is concealed in the Shakarran Crystal. When he finds it, he plans on destroying the sleeping Ancients, with the power of the “Star Seed”. He remains a bodiless spirit unable to personally fulfill his vision of Universal conquest.
    I like the sound of that, it's a well constructed bio. Though I'm confused how Nordor would use the power of the Star Seed if the "sleeping ancients" are IN the Star Seed? The Star Seed, being the Orb of Power/Elders that is. Is the writer implying a Chicken or the egg scenario? Gotta admit, That would be an interesting paradox if that was fleshed out in a fan fiction. but I digress.

REPLACED WITH
    "HE" being the Trollan word for Power" Toyguru. http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2493IN MOTU Classics continuity, this is the vintage power sword renamed, it's history revised. Please refer to King Grayskull bio, He-Ro Bio and MOTUC mythology about Trollan Overlords for more info. Please expand this bio if you know more.
    Just waiting for the site editors (whoever that is) to say

:P (I couldn't find a Gif of Jules asking why something is one way when she thinks it should be another, but Couger town fans will get that reference I hope.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; April 5, 2015 at 02:30pm.

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    The gif is only there to make my post seamless serious then it is. C'mon man. "why so serious"
    Comedic image or not, wagging one's finger in disapproval at others isn't as humorous to everyone as you seem to think.

My point was a general one regarding the WHOLE encyclopedia. If i didn't think i was using my time productively, i wouldn't spend so much time typing. I don't give care enough about MOTUC continuity to have the desire to do the research to fix this particular entry, or numerious other erroneous entries. What would be productive is, this thread being bumped to the Classic's section of the site.
    If you know an entry is wrong, that means you know enough to help correct it. And I know you know a lot! Your help in editing it would be greatly appreciated. Positivity and productivity go a long way in a situation like this.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Re-Read that previous post again Val:
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; Today at 02:30pm.

Ah. See you assumed. That was the problem. The gif, was self deprecating. I imagine somebody thinking while reading what I wrote "Oh no he didn't" humeriously, to which I have the "Oh yes I did" SNAP in response.

You should know by know that if you are to assume ANYTHING of me, that I'm NOT mocking anyone but my self. We've had this conversation way to many times bro. Read my signature.

We all have day jobs bro. Besides, why would I want to work on a site where I'm clearly not welcomed?
    But I digress, I don't want to derail this thread.

when do you think that change will get approved eh? I guess we don't really have the power do we? Positivity and productivity go a long way in ALL situations I'd say.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; April 5, 2015 at 02:45pm.