Thread: replace box display?

Court Magician

replace box display?

Hi, i would like to replace window of some motu boxes like Bashasaurus, road ripper, etc. I think that acetate paper is the kind of paper I need but I not sure of the thickness and quality of it. can Someone help me?.

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Radycoff; December 19, 2014 at 02:02am.

I am not sure where to find a replacement for damaged MOTU box display windows, Radycoff.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Acetate sheet would do the job, it is fairly easy to work with and i've used it once to repair a giftset window.

Just plan things ahead before cutting and glueing:

1) test the glue on the sheet and a similar card to the motu boxes just to make sure it sticks and
    2) wait to see if the glue damages the card or acetate sheet!
    3) you'll need to fold and furrow the acetate sheet to fit nice and snug into the box (notice the diference between commemorative giftset windows and vintage windows)
    4) After getting the acetate sheet folded in the proper format, apply the glue on the inner side of the box (check other vintage motu boxes to see how it is applied) and voila!

Heroic Podcaster
    Arkangel has it right, follow his steps! The only thing I would add is to let the box dry for many days before putting the toys back into it, just in case. Glue fumes can mess everything up if trapped in there.

Also, I would experiment with rubber cement as well. Fewer fumes and less likely to damage the acetate and/or cardboard of the box. Like Arkangel said, TEST and EXPERIMENT first on scrap cardboard.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN - 9 TO GO
    HEROIC WARRIORS - Flying Fists He-Man - Lazer Light He-Man - ROTAR!
    EVIL WARRIORS - Lazer Light Skeletor - Saurod - Terror Claws Skeletor - TWISTOID!
    HORDE - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Arkangel has it right, follow his steps! The only thing I would add is to let the box dry for many days before putting the toys back into it, just in case. Glue fumes can mess everything up if trapped in there.
    Oh yes, definitely this! The glue fumes (gases maybe?) can warp the acetate if you go ahead and seal the box without letting it breathe for a few days

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Acetate sheet would do the job, it is fairly easy to work with and i've used it once to repair a giftset window.

Just plan things ahead before cutting and glueing:

1) test the glue on the sheet and a similar card to the motu boxes just to make sure it sticks and
    2) wait to see if the glue damages the card or acetate sheet!
    3) you'll need to fold and furrow the acetate sheet to fit nice and snug into the box (notice the diference between commemorative giftset windows and vintage windows)
    4) After getting the acetate sheet folded in the proper format, apply the glue on the inner side of the box (check other vintage motu boxes to see how it is applied) and voila!
    thank you guys!, Arkangel what thickness (150gr, 180gr, 220gr) do you recommend me?.i would like as similiar as posibble to vintage box window.

thanks.

I had good luck with the MOTUC Tytus window box (replacing a yellow/cracked Battle Cat window). I scored it with the edge of a desk and just slipped it in there. I may not even bother to glue it - seems to look good just sitting loose.

However, the Tytus one is a bit thicker than vintage, so may it won't look quite right if you're looking to match exactly
    Last edited by Lich Leech; April 3, 2015 at 05:32pm.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread