Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Underworld - Official Episode Talkback

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    Originally posted by Necrono
    He should have just ridden the Sandworm into Grayskull! I would have ridden the Sandworm into Grayskull! Why did he run! WHY DID HE RUN!!!
    Yeah... that really bothered me too. I almost went into 'Scott Evil' mode there, but my mommeh did that for me. (She screamed 'He had a chance! He should've ridden the worm-thingie into the [content removed] castle!')

That, and the ending really bothered me. =/
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

Skeletor kicks!

I squeeled when I saw Skeletor's swords back!! I'm so happy to see them back. It was a very cool episode.

Skeletor was so awesome in that episode when it was just him against He-Man and Randor, he didn't run, he Fought! I cheered when he did that! Skeletor has redeemed himself from his lack of fighting on some of the previous episodes.

Also when Skeletor and Evil-Lyn destroyed the door to Grayskull and He-Man was waiting for them.

Also if anyone stayed to watch Armada, it was about the best episode so far. No kids and lots of action with Swords. It reminded me more of an episode of He-Man than Armada.

If you can't tell I'm really excited right now.

Randy aka Powered Convoy

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Originally posted by Necrono
    .... He should have just ridden the Sandworm into Grayskull! I would have ridden the Sandworm into Grayskull! Why did he run! WHY DID HE RUN!!!

-Necrono
    Because he is beaten. And he knows it. He can't just go in Grayskull knowing all too well that Randor and He-man will be going after him and they'll still had to fight inside Grayskull as well. In which of course, inside Grayskull, there's no means of escape for him whatsoever. So he did the smart thing and escape. Or tried to escape. Till those Gator Men got the jump on them!

All in all, I enjoyed this episode. The battle scenes are greatfully done. I'm happy on todays episode!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Time ran out. That's why he ran. They may want to consider "to be continued" type story lines since all the episodes are tying in with each other anyways. Seems to be alot of racism on Eternia. "everyone's people" are fighting with everyone else's people.

And I can not believe a certain name was not uttered in this entire thread......

Lord Batguy to Randor: "I've been saying that about my son for years. LOL"

Batros

Da Top Cat
    A few responses/thoughts in general:

I'm guessing the former enemy they were talking about was Keldor, not the Snake Men. And I'm sure Whiplash and company got away at the end(come on, Randor took out all of those Kaladors by himself...they're not that tough), but we can take satisfaction that it wasn't as easy as his escapes usually are.

Why didn't Skeletor bring a few Shadowbeasts along?

I think there's a lot of potential for Subternia in future episodes. I'd especially like one featuring Webstor as the main villian...it seems like the perfect environment for him. And if we get to see Kittrina as one of Karnivus's people like a lot of people were calling for, then we should also see Batros as one of those Spaleeans.

And did anybody else notice the new music they used during the end credits? A lot more drums at the beginning and it takes more time before the main theme kicks in. Sounds better than the previous one IMO.

Da Top Cat
    Originally posted by Lord Eternos
    Time ran out. That's why he ran. They may want to consider "to be continued" type story lines since all the episodes are tying in with each other anyways. Seems to be alot of racism on Eternia. "everyone's people" are fighting with everyone else's people.

And I can not believe a certain name was not uttered in this entire thread......

Lord Batguy to Randor: "I've been saying that about my son for years. LOL"

Batros
    Yeah, it all goes back to something I read on X-Entertainment:

"One of the universal sad truths about cartoons in general? No matter how intense or despondent the problems may seem, they're all magically taken care of within thirty-seconds when it comes time to end the episode."

I actually think Skeletor could've won if he'd stuck around. There's no way Man-at-Arms could've lasted much longer and with him gone, they could've wiped out He-Man and Randor with a 5-on-2 assault.

I wish there were more multi-episode stories...though I wouldn't want it to be like the Justice League show. The episode with Aquaman is the only one I've seen that was wrapped up in one episode.

And I was thinking about Batros the whole time, and I even remember wondering if we would see the King's son, but I never made that connection! That's a really cool theory.

Underworld was Awesome!!

Highlights:
    • Whiplash showing more intelligence than he showed in "The Beginning"
    • Seeing two new races (The Spaleeans and Kalagar)
    • Skeletor's double-sword making a comeback
    • Randor kicking rear
    • The major swordfighting
    • Skeletor's bunch running into Whiplash's race
    • The animation was awesome

The only low came from the ending involving Adam's reaction.

But beyond that, Underworld was a keeper and then some.
    "Avril Lavigne is an Angry Rodent"

Mandolin
    Originally posted by GForceTG
    The only low came from the ending involving Adam's reaction.

But beyond that, Underworld was a keeper and then some.
    Yeah, on a second watching, I really do think that the writer ran out of time and couldn't tack on the ending that he wanted, an ending that would have been in sync with the rest of the episode.

Pity, because aside from that rushed ending, there was a lot to like about the episode. It didn't seem to be overdoing the action scenes (as some episodes have for me), and I was surprised that at least seven minutes passed before any battle scenes. Which was good - the tone was more adventure than action for the first half, which worked really well.

And just when Adam seemed to be getting a clue, we went right back to the dinner etiquette thing and his reaction. *sigh* You know, if they really wanted to show us he'd learned something, they just could have had him accept it a little more gracefully. It just didn't fit with the rest of the episode.

"Underworld" was a lot better than I expected, though... there's something to be said for pessimism.

Next week, a Larry D episode! Yay!

Actually Mandolin, word has it that 'Mystery of Anwat Gar' might be airing next week. I've heard this from various people, but I haven't checked the schedule m'self yet to verify this.

Let's hope it's 'Monster Within'! *crosses fingers*

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

Evil Renegade Time Lord TheMaster's Avatar
    I would like to know how Skelly and his 3 minions got away from Whiplashes people and what will become of Whiplash now it looks as if they caught him

Artimus Gigan
    Anoyone think this shoulda been a 2-parter?

Skeletor should have kept trying but then they break a magma geiser and magma begins to pour and starts flooding the under ground now the masters(or who was of them was there) would now have a duel edged blade to fight, save the Kalagars or save Greyskull. That woulda made the episode a whole lot interesting...

Just a City Boy, Born... He-Ant's Avatar
    Originally posted by the parasite eve
    Actually Mandolin, word has it that 'Mystery of Anwat Gar' might be airing next week. I've heard this from various people, but I haven't checked the schedule m'self yet to verify this.

Let's hope it's 'Monster Within'! *crosses fingers*
    Sorry, Eve. Anwat Gar is next week's episode.
    He-Ant... the Most Powerful Skeletor Fan in the Universe

Mandolin
    Oops. Yeah, forgot they did some switching around with the eps. Oh, well.

Originally posted by He-Ant
    Sorry, Eve. Anwat Gar is next week's episode.
    Dang... well, look at it this way, 'Monster Within' could be considered a belated Holiday gift!

DarkSoldier
    Do I have to wait until tomorrow or next week to see Underworld?

(YAY! 100th post!)

Just a City Boy, Born... He-Ant's Avatar
    When Skelly walked into the force field, did anybody notice that his eye sockets blinked?
    Last edited by He-Ant; December 13, 2002 at 08:17pm.
    He-Ant... the Most Powerful Skeletor Fan in the Universe

Domo
    So...................Where are those screen caps at??? ME NEED!!

The Champion of Light
    Though I had to stay at work... I didn't miss the ep. I really enjoyed it. Randor is definitely a likeable character... his dominance reminded me of his presence in the classic "Prince Adam No More." Subternia is a new cool location... I liked it because now we know a bit more about Whiplash and he doesn't seem so idiotic after all. The two races were really depicted well and Randor's talk of a peace treaty may be foreshadowing for future episodes involving these characters. Of course the best part about this episode is the Skeletor/Randor/He-Man sword fight. I knew that was going to happen. I'm so glad to see Skeletor with his sword again. Skelly with the sword reminds me of the Skeletor depicted in the mini-comics.

As in "Night of the Shadowbeasts" we have the sword flashing breaks.

The most memorable line of this episode was Skeletor to Randor: "You took my face and now I'll take your life..." something like that. I thought that was powerful. Randor and Skeletor have a rivalry that began long after he and He-Man.

Overall, this episode was highly enjoyable.... out 10 it rightfully deserves a 7 1/2.... may be higher.

*The introduction was different as well...*

A very exciting episode!!!! We got to see where Whiplash comes from and more of his race. It's very nice to see Randor taking charge & in action again! The Spaleeans looked awesome!
    Man-At-Arms weapon sure does a lot of different things.
    i'm happy to see Skeletor's sword back!!! Kick ass entrance by He-Man!!! The sword fight was awesome!!! I really enjoyed this episode! Great action! I give it 8 out of 10.
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    Awesome episode! I enjoyed it a lot. After watching Randor in this episode I gained a newfound respect for the all mighty king of Eternia. I want his figure as soon as possible. The gargoyles and alligators races were done perfectly. Character development for Randor and Whiplash. What more can you ask for?

And by last at last an episode without many characters in it. Episodes with lesser characters can be done with more dedication and focus rather than having in each one 7 heroes vs.8 villains and so. I'm not against episodes with a lot of characters in them just I don't like seen that in the major part of the season eps. In a few ones that don't hurt.
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

skinnypuppy
    WHERE ARE ALL THE PICTURESS!!!!!!!!!!!! US CANADIANS NEED SOMETHING TO GO ON FOR THE NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

This episode was great as become part of my Top Five Episodes.

Originally posted by Tracy
    That was another thing that bugged me. I know I would have ridden the worm into Grayskull, or at least tried.
    For a second I thought that's what they were doing. Then I realized they were retreating. I was kinda hoping they'd get into Grayskull only to get zapped by The Sorceress. When is she gonna start kickin ass?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Originally posted by skinnypuppy
    WHERE ARE ALL THE PICTURESS!!!!!!!!!!!! US CANADIANS NEED SOMETHING TO GO ON FOR THE NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!
    I have a bad feeling we wont be seeing a new ep for quite sometime (i hope that i am wrong though.)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I feel bad 4 ya cuzz the spaleen were really cool..

What great toys they would make....
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.