Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Comic #2 [Official Talk Back]

Lioncourt

MOTU Comic #2 [Official Talk Back]

This thread will be opened tomorrow, the release date of the new MOTU Comic #2 in the mini-series. Get your feed back ready!

Lioncourt
    Let the talk back begin...and sorry I'm a little late.

It's awesome another great issue!

The previous opinion is just speculation as I have to wait until Saturday to pick up this issue. That's right, everybody feel sorry for the Jas-Man.

Well I got the comic this morning, and I was very excited...

Of course I read the first 5 pages, which was wonderful, I love the depiction of Castle Grayskull and th explanation of He-man's power... learned another aspect of his powers.

The explanation of the Shakkaran Crystal and the Shard of Darkness is quite interesting, and can't wait to understand it's power a lot more.

Are the Ancients and the Council of Elders, one and the same?

I am in awe as to figuring out who is the being that push out such immense energy towards the snake people.

I see the Shard makes anyone feel cocky, angry, and hungry for power...much like how Orko and He-Man reacted in connection to it. No wonder Skeletor is intense in his conquest for power, with such a bad temper.

I love the interaction of Lyn/Tri and Lyn/Trap.
    It seems Tri-Klops personality is right on point! I am really interested to see how that will be played out.

At the end, do I detect a Evil Lyn and He-Man romance?

Great job as usual, the story is great, the art is wonderful... just wish it was freaking longer, why are you torturing us like this!
    I am the center of my own Universe!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Emiliano's cover for #2 is f'in beautiful when its in my hand.

I love the killer shoutout we (he-man.org he-fans) get towards the end of #2.

Keep up the great work guys. I havent got a chance to study this one yet for subliminal messages...but I will soon.

EMILIANO...YOUR EVIL-LYNS ARE SUPER HOT!@#

`,,`,,`
    -=Evil Cunt Marz=-
    BlAcK FlOwErS!!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Mr. Brootz
    Me likes. Val, did you fix Evil-Lyn's eyebrows? Looks like you did, and that makes me happy. Or there just wasn't a close enough shot.

In the Solar Sailor's Captain's Cabin, with a Powerful Princess ;)
    "On the Dark Hemisphere, where villains lie
    One Shard to rule them all,
    One Shard to find them
    One Shard to bring them all
    And in Snake Mountain bind them
    On the Dark Hemisphere, where villains lie."

Good issue, but I keep expecting He-Man or Orko to say "my preciousssss." All the problems from the last issue were fixed--lack of dialogue and naming, endless soliloquizing...that made it a step better than the first issue already, not to say that the first issue wasn't great.

Anyway, it was beautiful to see He-Ro (in silhouette, no less--channelling "The Powers of Grayskull: The Legend Begins" it would seem) and the Snake Men, and the background info and dialogue were excellent. I only noticed three things that bugged me:
    Trapjaw's (I notice you're using the new toy package spelling instead of "Trap Jaw") joke about Evil-Lyn being a bad leader because she's a woman seemed forced and unnatural. All the other dialogue was very fluid, but that stuck out to me as just...out of character. Not so much the content as the word arrangement, I think.
    He-Man has a sheath. Very minor detail, I know, but on the toy (which Emiliano mentioned he was using as the base for the designs) and in the cartoon, He-Man just has a strap to hold the sword to his back, and he has a sheath in the comic.
    Tri-Klops' eyes. Another minor detail, but they were all colored red here, whereas on the toy and in the cartoon, they are different colors.

Other than that, excellent job. Now, do it quicker so we can have it bi-weekly! I don't want to wait a month!

Sea Hawk
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
    --Carl Sagan
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
    --Douglas Adams

Bang your head!!!
    Snake Men!!!
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Originally posted by Sea Hawk

He-Man has a sheath. Very minor detail, I know, but on the toy (which Emiliano mentioned he was using as the base for the designs) and in the cartoon, He-Man just has a strap to hold the sword to his back, and he has a sheath in the comic.

Tri-Klops' eyes. Another minor detail, but they were all colored red here, whereas on the toy and in the cartoon, they are different colors.

Other than that, excellent job. Now, do it quicker so we can have it bi-weekly! I don't want to wait a month!

Sea Hawk
    I used the sheath for the comic because I was thinking it would have saved me time on drawing the sword all the time, but I'm going to use only the strap in the future

for the eyes colors you ahve to complain with Val!

Originally posted by Emiliano
    I used the sheath for the comic because I was thinking it would have saved me time on drawing the sword all the time, but I'm going to use only the strap in the future
    And I thought you just loved drawing that detailed sword from panel to panel...but the sheath is cool.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    The snake men references are super cool. Like the Staff with the snake wrapped around it...looks just like the old Snake Men staff accessory. I also think I spotted Kobra Kahn in that very picture.

The Sorceress is red hot and smokin!!

And I also like the Eternium too! Trap Jaw needs to eat that and trip! Like he did in that one classic ep.

Wind Raider lookin fly. Hope we get a toy of that soon, But what is a "Disk Raider"?

EVIL LYN IS AMAZING!!@ ESPECIALLY IN THE COMIC!!! She is definitely one of my top favorites (I say that about almost everyone in MOTU lol) That #3 preview page in #2 makes Evil Lyn loook soooo awesome!!! Something tells me Evil Lyn is gonna use that crystal and SNUFF EVERYONE!!!

AND I REALLY LOVE THE "MOTU POWER PAGE" THAT IS A BRILLIANT IDEA!@ My comments are on the way.

Love the MVC Logo. And that merchandise page. All of that WILL BE MINE.

Nice to see a New MOTU Cartoon full page ad right after last issue and the FILMation full page ad! I can't get enough of this stuff. You guys rule y0!!!

P.S. Where's Loo-Kee? I didn't find him "today"

`,,`,,`
    -=Evil Cunt Marz=-
    BlAcK FlOwErS!!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Trapjaw's joke about Evil-Lyn being a bad leader because she's a woman seemed forced and unnatural.
    Really? Several of us got a kick out of that line.

My poor attempt at giving a character low brow humor.

Tri-Klops' eyes.
    I definitely have to take full blame on that one.
    He'll have multiple colored eyes in the regular series.

I've always thought he had multiple powers for each eye, so they would always shift colors. So, for me, all red wasn't a stretch.

Ever since I was young, I thought "all red eyes = evil"

---------
    Get ready for lots of sword play in issue 3.

Yay! Snake Men! Was that suppose to be King Hiss on the Tyrantisaurus Rex?

And I loved that woman remark Trap Jaw made! Probably the one thing that made me laugh the most out of the issue.

That was a sweet issue..I just wish the castle grayskull I got for christmas was as cool on the inside as it was in the book ..I probably wouldnt have room for one like that anyway

Silent Master Jerico the warrior's Avatar
    Great, the story really picked up and GraySkull looked the part all the way. That last page with Lyn and He-Man had a very (I mean this in a good way) erotic feel to it. So much power between 2 people, the goodie good hero and the bad girl willing to do anything to gain control...poor he-man, he doesn't stand a chance. The Wind Raider looks fantastic, the glance of the Snake Men we see leaves me wanting more. Great JOB!
    If I advance, follow me.
    If I stop, urge me forward.
    If I retreat, kill me.

speaking from atop a pile of fatally wounded warriors

man, that was THE BEST! i like the change in vibe from issue 1 to 2. it just took this.... turn i wasn't expecting.
    and when i hit the pages with Trap and Evil-Lyn... I just thought "This is how I wanted it to be!".
    Insight that we've never gotten before into these character's motivation. And they are not all buffoons like the toon. And they're not all in the same boat as far as their motives in all of this, which is nice to see. Tri-Klops is, so far, my favorite character comic-wise.
    And when He-Man encountered Evil-Lyn on that last page... uh oh!

Oh, and JV- I for one liked the Trap joke about women. Sounded like something Skeletor woulda said on the old cartoon, ha ha.
    And "good journey"? HA HA HA!
    I was looking around for Gwildor...
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Salzilla
    I loved this issue!! It's great how parts of the He-Man mythos, like the Snake-Men, make little apperances. There seemed to be a lot of focus on the bad guys which was a smart choice because I'd like to see the characters get fleshed out a little more. The interactions between TrapJaw, Tri-Klops, and Evil -Lyn was a neat way to get a better handle on their personalities and possibly even some background information. From what I read I'm under the impression that TrapJaw needs to consume Eternium in order to survive, is that right? Anyway, great comic, keep it up.

tenno
    I just picked up my issue two. You may remember me as a naysayer (sp?) from issue one. Well...
    Issue two was everything I've ever wanted in a Masters book (except for more violence). The art was stunning, particularlly Trapjaw and Tri-Klops. But the best part was their characterization. Tri-Klops waiting for fate made him seem so human. And I personally loved the joke about Evil-Lyn being a poor leader because she's a woman. I mean, come on, all of Skeletor's lackies are guys--of course they're going to be sexists. Anyway, I though it was funny. Also, there was snakemen! Suddenly the Shakaran Crystal went from being a dull cartoon rehash to an item I can't wait to find out more about. By the way, Evil-Lyn must use her magic to keep herself looking that hot. Well, I can't say enough. Thank you for this.

RichardX1
    Want... Evil-Lyn... figure...

... sorry, where was I?

Nice expostion on Grayskull's history (and did anyone else notice the bridge got its teeth back?). I'm betting the castle dates all the way back to the Snake Men wars.

Can anyone tell me why there was a Jedi Master among the Ancients who were sealing the crystal?

LOVE the character development of Tri-Klops! It was good to get such insights into the minds of him and Evil-Lyn (pleasebabybabypleasebabybabybabyplease... oops, I did it again).

And as for the question about the disk rider (not "raider"), I think it's one of those things on which Adam and Teela were training during that scene in "The Beginning" (TV series).

"Good journey, He-Man!" Hey, even a reference to the old movie!

Flipsidephilly
    OMG, He-Ro was in it if only for a second.

I read the woman remark and just kidna said "Uh oh..." waiting to see where it went on the boards. The lkast page is an incrediable picture and I see it coming up ina picture post gaem possibly. I don't think we have an easter egg thread yet, but the scene from the past with the snake men and dinosaurs, it looks like Fisto, Teela and an early MAA are in the pic also....maybe just previous versions of themselves?

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Gotta love that alternate cover

Much, much better then the first one. Although I'm bummed no BattleCat, it's still cool(and I thought BattleCat could do long distances.....he got from the sands of time to Grayskull fast, and from the Vine Jungle to Avion easy enough?) Anyway, what else....cool to see the Mystic Wall, although is this the spot from "The Beginning"? Just wondering if Skeletor brought down just a fragment of the wall, or the whole thing. And is it me, or does anyone else think ol' Bonebrain is spying through Tricylops?

Great job overall, and can't wait till we get a mission with all the Masters helping out
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Poe Ghostal
    Ah!

Last issue was cool, but I enjoyed this issue much more. For me, the reason is simple: much more from the villains. The discussion between Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops was especially pleasing. The bad guys never get fleshed out in the cartoon. Good dialogue, too, JVS.

The other part of the story - He-Man's quest to destroy the One Rin--I mean, the Shard - was a bit less interesting, though I loved the moment where he dissed Duncan's handiwork.

But the story already seems more mature than the cartoon, with some subtler shades thrown in. Great work. I especially liked the "Powers of Grayskull"-style flashback. The Snake Men always remind me of Robert E. Howard's story "The Shadow Kingdom."

The art is fantastic as always.

I wonder if Loo-Kee was in issue #2?

Anyone see him?

Also, does anyone know what that symbol is on the top-right corner of page 3? It seems lik ethe bricks are making out some type of emblem.
    Last edited by roykop; January 15, 2003 at 07:16pm.

Sssqueeze's go-to guy sssqueezeme's Avatar
    Down in Subternia, hanging out with Sssqueeze and the gang.
    I just received my comic and it looks great. Every page is nothing but eye candy all the way. Such remarkable detail went into every page. I especially like the detail of Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw. The story line is sooo cool, especially tying the history of the crystal with the Snake Men's conquest of Eternia. I can't wait for the next issue. I don't know if I could hold on for the next four weeks. Keep up the good woek. So far, this comic rates as being the best I have in my collection and I have been collecting sice 1991.
    Some Sectaur Goals:
    #1: Obtain reproductions of each of the five unproduced second series figures including companion beasts and accessories.

#2: Construct customized figures of-
    Gnatseye w/ Jumpyr, Regent Galken, Scorpia, Royal Guard, Skull Soldier, Sting Trooper, Drone Trooper, Thornet, Empress Devora and Wing Warrior w/ flying steed