Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Comic #3 - Official Talk Back *SPOILER WARNING*

Lioncourt

MOTU Comic #3 - Official Talk Back

MOTU Comic #3 hits shops February 19. This thread will be opened then to post your initial responses and critiques.

Lioncourt
    Let the reviews begin.

like it very much. can't wait till next month for the conclusion.

OH MYLANTA!

AMAZING...ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! that fight scene was INTENSE!!!

Geez have mercy and when Tri-klops stabbed he-man and he-man almost cut off Trike's arm!!!

but WHY guys...WHY must it be such torture! I WANT MORE...MORE ...MORE!!!! Lord I cannot wait until next isssue!

Minor question though...what did Evil-lyn do to Trappy? just infuse him with magic??

This comic gets better by leaps and bounds with each ish...and that is saying a lot! because i LOVED it from day one!

Thank you MVC geez...I CANNOT WAIT to get that icons of evil mini in the summer.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

My Thoughts (SPOILERS)

I would love it if the cartoon could get more in depth with characterization like the comic has, but then for 22 minutes I guess you can't have it all. I dug this issue mostly for the quality time Evil-Lyn and He-Man get to spend in the opening pages. Especially when Evil-Lyn tries to put the mojo on He-Man, implying she's looking at more than his forehead ( ) considering he's in a loincloth and not much else It was kinda sexy AND hilarious at the same time. I love the way the characters are drawn. I'm not sure if it's Emiliano's intent, but there is some definite sexiness in the way he draws He-Man, Evil-Lyn, 'Klops... or maybe I'm reading too much into it? There's just a whole lotta visual "oomph" in the pages. The characters and backgrounds have weight to them. I like that. And the final page- we get Skeletor back into the fold and he looks like a force to be reckoned with! I was very shocked to see Tri-Klops dig his sword into He-Man's leg. Blood?!?! Very cool! Not that I wanna see the comics turn into Dario Argento Presents, but it's good to see sword play has... consequences. As for the story itself, I think Evil-Lyn's intentions were summed up quite nicely, about how not all of the villians are happy with Skeletor's tyranny. Motives. It's a nice touch.
    And her mention of having been at Snake Mountain for so long that she's gotten around to some things that Skeletor has overlooked... that was cool as well.
    I also appreciate that Orko is treated like an actual character and not a comic relief device. His yearning to have the crystal shard one more time brought some layers to him- that Orko has desires and doesn't just float around causing comedic mayhem is a nice change of pace.
    Can't wait for issue #4 to see how it all ends. And can't wait for the regular series, to see how it all begins!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

paradox1979
    I thought the blood was much needed. I can't remember the last time I saw a comic that I enjoyed so much. Oh yeah, the first 2 issues!

Keep 'em coming. You guys rock.

BTW, what the heck is Triklop's armor made out of that the power sword didn't cut it? I mean, he cuts through whole boulders with that thing all the time.

Just a thought...

I was right on who was to bleed first! I'm so smart.

I LOVED this issue. Each issue is getting better and better. The action was great and the way that Evil-lyn is protrayed is awesome. Can I just say that I am loving Tri more and more!! Zodak74, I'm gonna agree with you and say there is a sexiness in Tri, Evil and He-Man.

Originally posted by paradox1979
    I thought the blood was much needed. I can't remember the last time I saw a comic that I enjoyed so much. Oh yeah, the first 2 issues!

Keep 'em coming. You guys rock.

BTW, what the heck is Triklop's armor made out of that the power sword didn't cut it? I mean, he cuts through whole boulders with that thing all the time.

Just a thought...
    I am just letting that one slide as artistic license...

Question...should we warn of spoilers in this thread?? I mean it is implied that in the official talkback things WILL be discussed. I am curious cuz I didn't put a spoiler warning on my comments and I feel a lil guilty!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The Champion of Light

Huffle puff...

I went to Legends in the mall today which was prolly a mistake but they didn't have issue #3 in yet. Instead I got issue #1 with the awesome Skelly cover. This issue though sounds great. Blood and lust... doesn't get much better than that!!

Bang your head!!!
    I totally love the ending with Skeletor, very nice.

Qusetion for the guys over at MVCreations. Will these issues come out as trade paper backs?...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Lioncourt
    Originally posted by krosfyah
    Question...should we warn of spoilers in this thread?? I mean it is implied that in the official talkback things WILL be discussed. I am curious cuz I didn't put a spoiler warning on my comments and I feel a lil guilty!
    Just like in the cartoon forum, spoilers are implied. There's no way to have a thread like this one without spoilers.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Originally posted by MossMan710179
    Qusetion for the guys over at MVCreations. Will these issues come out as trade paper backs?...
    We're not sure yet if there will be a trade. We'll keep you guys posted on that!

Take care,
    Leanne

I was hoping someone would point out that He-Man didn't slice through Tri-Klops like butter.

But.. alas... I cannot tell you why.
    You must find out for yourself.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

I can't wait for the Tri Klops one shot!! I never thought I would say that, but I need to know more about him. Please tell me he has two eyes under that helmet and is a hottie.

Originally posted by JVS3
    I was hoping someone would point out that He-Man didn't slice through Tri-Klops like butter.

My belief is that the Sword Of Power can't draw blood. I'm trying to think of a way to put this... but if He-Man is supposed to be the defender of good, and something was mentioned in the cartoon Q & As about why Adam was chosen rather than, say, Randor... well I'm thinking the sword is something passed onto someone who hasn't killed or drawn blood. Someone innocent, I suppose? And so, He-Man wasn't able to vivisect Tri Klops because the sword was not intended to kill.
    I imagine there might be repercussions for He-Man using the sword in such a violent manner...

hmm... I had added a bit more to my theory, but it's vanished.
    Last edited by zodak74; February 19, 2003 at 06:54pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

RichardX1
    Originally posted by zodak74
    As about why Adam was chosen rather than, say, Randor... well I'm thinking the sword is something passed onto someone who hasn't killed or drawn blood. Someone innocent, I suppose?
    Well, that totally s any chance for She-Ra.

I had typed out a little idea but I guess I hit the back button or something and it never made it...
    anyhow, an idea I had about the sword is similar to one I had when the new figures came out and I took a gander at He-Man's new supersized axe. In battle, I thought, one swipe and there goes whatever Evil Warrior was in the way. Which is not quite how I associate He-Man, but my theory was... he's got this big over-sized axe. It can probably chop through inanimate objects (steel, boulders, Blast Attak ), but can't actually slice n dice through living things. Maybe there's a setting or something... there's all sorts of wires and buttons on the axe... and He-Man can whack an opponent with the axe and it knocks 'em on their butt with the force of the impact, but doesn't actually sever their limbs or what-not. Kind of like a force field option or something? Anyhow, I guess the sword might work like this. It obviously hit Tri Klops with a mighty whack, but it didn't cut through him.

Hey Everyone,

I love, the idea of a trade paper back. I hope, this comic mini

series and, the full series are huge hits. Good luck, MV Creations,

you desereve, all the success.

Take it easy,

Darren

Bang your head!!!
    The reason I was hoping for a TPB was because I bought all the covers so far but never bought one extra just for every day viewing. I enjoy this series alot and would like to see all the issues crammed into one book ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

crow21

Issue 3

Page 2, last frame. Evil Lyn: "It's not your forehead I'm looking at. No woman in their right mind would want to deceive a good-looking man strutting around in little more than a loincloth."

LOL!!!

This comic is exactly what I wish the cartoon would be. The villains are dangerous, and they have personality.

I was a little surprised when he-man got shanked. I would have thought that it would be tougher to break his skin, but I guess he's He-man, not Superman.

You have to admit that HM was a dummy to trust Evil-Lyn, but it was prob'ly due to the effects of the crystal. Maybe his lust for it overpowered his sense of reason.

Fantastic! This is the best issue so far! (Do I sound like a broken record?)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the character development! And as I saw that crystal float past Evil Lyn and come to rest in Skeletor's hand...WOW! That last page is the BEST!!!

I never doubted it, but you guys are really knocking this one out of the park. Art, story, everything, is wonderful!

Oh, and the Evil Lyn cover is very...um...nice.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

DarkDeaconX

good stuff

Awesome ,awesome stuff. This is how He-man should be. After all this time, this is the return of a great mythic hero. Praise be to the real Masters: Staples, Santlucia, Failla, Dery for bringing new life to these classic characters.

Originally posted by JVS3

Maybe the power of grayskull held his arm to some degree. Yes the shard of darkness had him all loopy but he is still strengthened by the power of grayskull...just as battlecat is prevented from being controlled by beastman He-man is protected from being fully overcome by the darkness. It can maybe sway his mind but never fully control it.

Fear is faith in failure

I recall Dean Stefan saying that the Sword in the cartoon was to go to a person who had not killed with it, but he didn't mention whether it was a mandate from Mattel that it must be so. I can understand the need for this in a cartoon and a PG-13 comic but it really makes the idea of possessing a sword as his primary weapon redundant. Hell, it's like being given a block of chocolate and commanded not to eat it. If he's going to have that restriction put on him then why didn't they just give him the Cudgel of Power?
    "So what am I supposed to do with it?"
    "It's a magic sword. You lift your arm and shout 'By the power of Grayskull', or something like that."
    "And then what happens?"
    "Then you get struck by lightning."
    *looks at the sword for a moment*
    "Here then, you try it."