Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Island - Official Talkback Thread

HeirsOfGrayskull
    So Dekker says, "Hey Teela, I have an idea..." And then nothing happens?

Or were they suggesting that they ate him!? So that's why he didn't show up to meet Skeletor and Duhful (I mean Clawful).

Oh my God! They ate Clawful's cousin!

The Heirs of Grayskull

ianrose
    i don't think he-man was powerful enough, i'm still waiting for him to show his real strength and power, each episode seems to show less and less of it,

DefensisPrime

"...just no pleasin' some people..."

Darn, no great Eternian secret was revealed.
    Darn, Man-at-Arms didn't die.
    Darn, darn, darn.

Boo-hoo.

Originally posted by Co-Lec-Tor
    ::nods:: Aye. Point me in the direction of this poll & I'll vote away!

~Co-Lec-Tor
    The poll is on the Main Page

It is from Mattel, and voting in it will actually have some bearing on the next season!
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

Artimus Gigan
    His idea was this, have Dekker send a fake message to Skeletor and Co. so that they would wind up in the middle of nowhere getting soaked and blown upon by the seering sea winds!

Thule Warrior
    Okay.. I certainly didn't expect this one to be a blockbuster or anything... With that in mind...

it was an odd little episode, wasn't it...
    It wasn't all that bad.. but I'm really missing my bad guys these days. Know what I mean?

Teela has never changed clothes her entire life, interesting...

Hmm.

Strange episode.

However, I do like the image of Skeletor by the sea, waiting...! Nice touch.
    Last edited by Thule Warrior; April 5, 2003 at 09:03pm.

Originally posted by Bosskmr
    Well lets see what the score is:

out of the last 4 episodes we've had 1 incredible work of art

and 3 piles of CRAP!!!!!!!!!
    Though I haven't seen any episodes since "The Monster Within", this isn't abnormal - the original He-Man and She-Ra series had strings of episodes back-to-back that were less than impressive. Thing is, we're more aware of it now and I think we're too expectant on new classics...or at least half entertaining episodes.

Look at it this way - the producers can learn from these mistakes, and we can appreciate "Lessons" and "The Ties That Bind" even more.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Well, it wasn't as bad as the Mystery of Anwat Gar or Buzz-Off's Pride.

It wasn't a bad episode. I'll agree the plot was a little slow, and the character of Dekker, while interesting, seemed to have very little to do with the plot aside from being a device to get Duncan and company on the Island.

I do have to scratch my head at the ending, though. "I have an idea." Fade to Clawful and Skeletor waiting on a reef for Duncan...fade to black. Huh? What was the idea? To trick Skeletor into meeting at an island, to waste his time? ????!

The "Duncan's dying" scene really redeemed this one for me, though...any episode that can cast a spotlight on the father-child relationship of Duncan and Teela, even if its just a few words and a few tears, deserves my respect.

But, please...keep Duncan away from the seafood for the duration of the rest of this series. Please.

Oh, and by the way...wtf is Clawful doing representing his crab-people in Skeletor's Evil Warriors, when his Cousin (named Big Guy in the credits, I think) seems much smarter and more cunning?!

I liked seeing a new character introduced in Dekker, and I liked the emotion of the episode, but basically, it's a rather bland effort that seems to serve no real purpose aside from furthering Teela and Duncan's relationship, and even then, it's nothing that hasn't already been done before in this series.

It wasn't horrible. But, I'll agree, not in my top ten of the series thus far. I hope "The Council of Evil" two-parter is a better effort for Dean Stefan.

i don't think he-man was powerful enough, i'm still waiting for him to show his real strength and power, each episode seems to show less and less of it,

And lets leave it that way......I'd rather see He-man get the snot kicked out of him instead of being Superman

The Dark Knight BigDaddy Grayskull's Avatar
    i agree with what shadow said

i honestly kinda thought this episode was gonna be "not good" the preview itself seemed rather uninteresting, but once ppl here started speculaton as to who duncan's mentor was gonna be i thought hey this might be kool after all, think i was wrong and many seem to think the same

siren's song was the first ep which the majority disliked, then recntly buzzoff's pride, was the next one we took shots at, personaly i think buzzoff's pride was worse cuz at least sirens song had skeletor and etc in it, then again anwat gar had skelly and co. but i kinda found it a bit boring so for me island is rite up there with sirens song and anwat gar, and buzzoff's pride remains the worst in my opinion

i dont mean to say any of these were bad episodes, just that they dont kick as much butt as the ones which we really like

-bdg
    Last edited by BigDaddy Grayskull; April 6, 2003 at 01:21pm.
    By The Power of.... BigDaddy!!

"If you will not hear the Truth, no one can tell you."

Batman:YTB Batman...Yesterday, Today and Beyond! Home of the Internet's Biggest and Best website and forum regarding Batman!

.Org Wrestling Discussion WWE,TNA and whatever else youd like to talk about. The absolute greatest discussion forum for wrestling fans.. ever!

catslyn
    Oh come on, people!

Tricking Skeletor into waiting on a rock in the middle of the ocean is classic!

I wonder how long he'll stay there before he figures out that MAA isn't coming.

I don;t understand why people don't seem to like this one.

Admittedly, I'm a huge MAA fan and a huge Adam fan and I think Teela is a real pain, so this was perfect for me.

But, in general, I would have thought it was an average episode for most people.

What is wrrong with it?
    Specifics please

Originally posted by He-Ant
    It was good, yet it left me wanting for more. I wonder what Dek's idea was. Maybe we'll find out next week. Same He-Man time, same He-Man station.
    I assumed there idea was to make clawful's cousin set up the meeting in the middle of nowhere. And that's why skeletor mentions that it seems like an odd place to meet up.

One question though...how did skeletor get to that little island? I saw no terrordactyl or attack squid.
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

Artimus Gigan
    Originally posted by Thule Warrior
    Okay.. I certainly didn't expect this one to be a blockbuster or anything... I mean.. crab people... which is cool (no disrespect to the crab people)..
    ERRRRRRRRR

*click click click click click clak click clak clak*

Thule Warrior
    Yes.. When they said "Hmm, I have an idea".. I thought they were actually going to eat him.

I'd like to add, that they animation WAS quite touching during the exchange given by Teela and Man-AtArms... cool, animation of Duncan's face.

Originally posted by catslyn
    Oh come on, people!

Tricking Skeletor into waiting on a rock in the middle of the ocean is classic!

I wonder how long he'll stay there before he figures out that MAA isn't coming.

I don;t understand why people don't seem to like this one.

Admittedly, I'm a huge MAA fan and a huge Adam fan and I think Teela is a real pain, so this was perfect for me.

But, in general, I would have thought it was an average episode for most people.

What is wrrong with it?
    Specifics please
    I agree with you 100% Catslyn, I don't see what is so horrible about this episode.
    Muah

Artimus Gigan
    They could have made it a two-parter...

would have been more interesting, I think there has to be less fighting...

Thule Warrior
    ERRRRRRRRR

*click click click click click clak click clak clak*

No, really.. I meant no disrespect.

Eternos Dungeon Master Teela's Master's Avatar
    Originally posted by ryanj84
    Clawful's cousin overhears dekker(MAA mentor) saying that MAA is coming to visit. He signals skeletor of this and skeletor tells him to set up a trap to catch MAA. The cousin captures dekker as bait and then MAA and teela. Lots of fighting. He-man finally shows up. They beat up the bad guys. MAA got sting by one of those poisonious squids during the fight. They go get milk from some tree and give it to him. He's all better. The end.
    Thanks ryanj84.

This episode had TOO MUCH fighting and NOT enough Story. It was somewhat entertaining to me. Definately not a favorite.

A good thing about this episode is that we saw a BLUE Eternian sky for a whole episode for a change,for those of you that are tired of the yellow sky.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

FifthDream
    Originally posted by HeirsOfGrayskull
    So Dekker says, "Hey Teela, I have an idea..." And then nothing happens?
    Dekker, um, goes over to the crab guy, and rips his claw off (He can regenerate the claw, so it's okay. ). Dekker installs some machinery into the claw, and attaches it to his arm, and in a couple of weeks we get to see the epic Clamp Champ vs. Webstor battle!

In all seriousness though, i can see Dekker becoming Clamp Champ. He lives on an island of crab people, and when in Rome, attach a big claw on your arm... That didn't come out right, but you know what i mean. Wasn't the original Clamp Champ Randor's personal guard? Wasn't Dekker connected to Randor? Seems plausable, especially with that "I have an idea." and no resolution deal.....

And i too want Clawful's cousin to replace Clawful. I think he looks cooler, and is a bit more competent and intelligent. Besides, who says "Clawful" can't be the cousins' surname? The cousin can replace the other Clawful and not even they don't even have to change names.

Co-Lec-Tor
    Originally posted by Fearless_Photog
    The poll is on the Main Page

It is from Mattel, and voting in it will actually have some bearing on the next season!
    Sweet!
    Thanks for the link, didn't see it there last time I looked.
    ::goes & votes for more story:: There we go, lets hope that helps.

~Co-Lec-Tor

I wanna know how they signaled skeletor, did they rip off his claw or something?
    Muah

The babe with The Power Slackbot's Avatar
    Lessee... good things about this episode...

I liked seeing Teela shown up for being too cocky...

I liked Dekker, and want to see more of him...

... um...

Skeletor didn't a) make a getaway on gryphonback while laughing like a hyena, or b) end the episode by torturing an underling...

... Well ... Aside from a few isolated good lines, like "A little privacy would be nice" and "Much is expected" that's about it.

I don't watch cartoons to see people and monsters beating up on each other. And giant landwalking jellyfish that can SHOOT POISON SPIKES? WTBH? Even swinging poison tentacles would have been much cooler - but, nope, disambodied spikes are cheaper to animate. What percentage of this ep was padding? 50%? 60%? Felt like it.

Actually, it felt like this ep was lazy writing. Why explore more intriguing possibilities like strategizing on how to beat the crab people, or more time spent on the cure for Duncan? Have Teela insist on knocking herself out trying to get a cure? Surely that would be worth a few minutes of screentime? No, no, just sling in lotsa battle, it's easy to write.

And as for that ending... I'm guessing that Clawful and Skeletor were marooned on those bits of rock as the tide came in. Apparently neither of them had any plans on how to get back even if they DID get Man-at-Arms, since there were no vehicles or flying critters available to take them back.

... Oop, wait, Clawful could just clack his claws and summon vehicles just like he did before, couldn't he? But I'm guessing we weren't supposed to think about that

Oh well. One more funny thing: I watched this while eating dinner. And dinner was an artichoke, a baked potato, and some snow crab legs, all dipped in butter. I bet Clawful's good eatin'!

I want Dree Elle back. But now I'm scared how they'd write her if they did bring her back!
    Castle Numbskull
    Masters of The Universe stuff you won't find anywhere else.
    Thank goodness.

Springer
    See this is why I'm not real thrilled with them introducing the races of the Char, we have had Whiplash and Clawful showed up by each of there races. Its sad when a generic member of said race is more interesting and cooler looking then the main race char.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    One positive thing I will say is the animation was great. The scenery in this episode was beautiful!

Okay this was a filler episode but way better than Buzz Off's Pride.

The one thing that bothered me was the giant squid things being felled by their own poison needles.

Really I have never heard of a poisonous creature that wasn't immune to its own venom!

So Dekker's big idea was to play a pratical joke on Skeletor? LAME!

On an up note I want that hovercraft vehicle!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/