Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Comic #4 - Official Talk Back *SPOILER WARNING*

MOTU Comic #4 - Official Talk Back *SPOILER WARNING*

Tell me how much you hate me but love Emiliano in this thread!

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    Aww Val, I could never hate you.

Anyways, I'm going to possibly get the issue on Friday (along with #3.... boy I'm fashionably late!) so I'll letcha know how it is then.
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.

Heroic Thread Killer biggieboy69's Avatar
    I totally forgot that the new issue was comming out today. Looks like I need to make a trip to the comic shop after work. Thanks for reminding me JVS3.

Josh

just got the comic and it rocks!! great conclusion to the series.

Agh! Still 3 more hours till my shop gets it! I can't wait to read it.

Don't worry Val, I hate you and Emiliano equally.

No, not really. I think you're both tops

Just a City Boy, Born... He-Ant's Avatar
    I'll be gettin' it right after school is over.
    He-Ant... the Most Powerful Skeletor Fan in the Universe

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm going to the comic store right now for it.

`,,`,,`
    -=Evil Cunt Marz=-
    BlAcK FlOwErS!!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Bang your head!!!
    I hate that show Duck Tales soooo much . Oh, I'll be getting the books in an hour or so...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

spyderwebz74
    Just finished reading issue #4. Loved it and I'm also loving the back cover of cover A. Don't want to spoil any of the story for those yet to get theres

Originally posted by MossMan710179
    I hate that show Duck Tales soooo much
    I liked Duck Tales as a kid! Though Darkwing Duck was my favorite. Er... back to your regularly scheduled thread....

Oknark
    Originally posted by thatguy
    I liked Duck Tales as a kid! Though Darkwing Duck was my favorite. Er... back to your regularly scheduled thread....
    I am the shadow that quacks in the night...

Ya, I'm picking up my comics on the way home from school today, and I'm sure they will be great!

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    Awesome issue! It was great to see more of the Masters in it. The ending that this was a test made the story arc so much more incredible. I loved it and can't wait for the ongoing series to begin.
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

klintofcs
    #4 was the best yet. Ooohhh man that was fn sweet. That was so unexpected. I cant wait for the ongoing series. Keep up the good work. Awesome!

Victim4
    just got done reading it .....awesome!!!!!!!
    im also looking forward to those icons of evil sub series that are coming out in june through september that it talks about in the back.....those are going to be best............ever!!!

Hey there Val & co.
    Just got done reading the new issue and it rocks My favorite part was where the Sorceress kinda did the "I told you so" to MAA when he mentioned some of his men were lost in the battle. It showed that she definitely has the big knowledge going on, and she should be respected no matter how odd her wishes might be. She obviously had her reasons for sending He-Man alone, and it was cool that she noted how resourceful He-Man/Adam could be. I half-expected the issue to end with Evil-Lyn and TrapJaw hanging over a lava pit with Skeletor laughing, but then maybe I've overdosed on the cartoon
    Anyhow, any chances that the cartoon could be more like the comic?
    PS- He-Man gets hurt, and Adam bears the wound when he turns back. This was very cool and settled an argument I've had in my head since I was a wee lad.
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

I thought the art and story were nice. But, I've got to ask. Was skull face knocked out when the He Man turned into Adam?

I want to add that I got cover A and the back cover rocks!!!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

The way I understood it, He-Man was sort of "sucked into" the crystal, and Adam was sort of the conscious entity there, confronted by the mega-evil-super-HeMan entity. So, Skeletor didn't actually witness any sort of change.
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    This issue is scary. But it f'in rocks too.

`,,`,,`
    -=Evil Cunt Marz=-
    BlAcK FlOwErS!!!!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

WOW!!

This was truly the best issue yet, I think and a great pay-off to the mini-series. I can't wait to reread the whole thing straight through. I think the art just keeps getting better and better along with the writing.

Not sure if Val is just more comfortable in his role as time goes on but even though I thought the writing was good in the beginning it seems to flow more naturally with every issue.

The art was absolutely fantastic. The conflict with the Terrordactyls and Battle Hawk's was cool. The slight tweaking of the Battle Hawk design was interesting. I liked the canopy - and it makes sense that they'd have that little add-on going into a heated battle. I was a little dissapointed we didn't get to see more Masters in the Hawk's but that's okay. I loved the appearance of the guardsmen and Skeletor's skeleton warriors.

The battle between Skeletor and He-man was great. I enjoyed Evil-Lynn's villainy, but it was cool seeing Skeletor and He-man going at it as it should be. The coloring was really great in this issue as well. The scenes in Grayskull towards the end were colored fantastically.

One thing that did bother me was the text and some of the finer details of the art. Both seem sort of pixelated - more then they should. The text in particular. Maybe this is just a printing issue, but it stood out to me. The thinner lines of the art sort of had a broken, dotted look to them as well.

I got both covers and they were both excellent. I enjoyed the Grant cover much more then I did in the preview pic for whatever reason. The back cover of Skeletor on the A version was fantastic!

Also, the cover on the preview for the ongoing looked great! It looked much less like Dolph then I thought. I think seeing it in print helped. I quite liked it, even if his head seems a might too big.

Great work overall! Can't wait for the ongoing.

PURE sweetness.

I read it twice so far (I like it much better the second time around mind you) Those Skeleton warriors NEED to be a figure...and I have to say Adam SLICED up that demon thing...I wonder who he is. and whose shadow retrieved the shard?

I also like that we are told that soldiers died...not that I like death and stuff but it makes the stakes more believable and a LOT higher. These guys are playing for keeps.

As for the Sorceress I like her attitude toward Duncan in this ish...not that i think there should be lots of animosity between them but the Sorceress was second guessed by duncan and as such he could have messed up this test.

all in all

PURE sweetness
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

RichardX1
    Interesting to see that the lure of the Crystal remains even after one has been physically separated from it.

Also fun to see that Skeletor was passed over by the Evil Within the Crystal (tm). Seriously, if you're a big bad piece of mojo (probably with a junkload of sorcerous powers already), whom would you pick? Some guy who's powers are probably like yours but weaker? Or the manifestation of the Elders?

Poe Ghostal
    Great issue, but forgive me if, when I saw that crystal-spawned beast, I half-expected Gandalf to step out and say, "You shall not pass!"

Lycan
    I only just got issue 3
    *frustration*

What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

skinnypuppy
    JVS3!!!

This was the best written issue yet!! I loveed it. I love both issue 1 and 4. Issue 4 was amazing!!
    i love the hulk buster He man!!
    id like to see more fighting between regular adam and Big He man. it makes adam more interesting. kind of like a problem of power kind of thing

Bang your head!!!
    When will Teela learn that her father is a bad-@$$ and will go into battle and come out fine?
    Everyone in those Battle Hawks looks a bit cramped.
    MORE EVIL! ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/