Thread: "She Demon of Phantos" Official Episode Review Tallback Thread!

"She Demon of Phantos" Official Episode Review Tallback Thread!

hey guys',

Happy weekend. Here we have another episode of the classic he-man series. This week is "She Demon of Phantos"

Let's hear all your reveiws on this classic great ep, thanks.

Carlo

she demon of phantos is one of my faves and at times depending on my mood a classic ep
    anyway i liked the action i liked that basically the whole story took place on another world
    i liked the fact that there was a different charachter seen in it however its his only appearence(strong arm)

skeletor brings merman w him as well
    we discover bout photanium, queen elmora as ruler and also that she is also a slave to skeletor for a time.

well it has humor some drama action and a great plot whats not to like

all in all i give it a 9 out of 10
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

I've got to agree with Manny.

A great episode. It was great to see someone being a slave to Skeletor. It helps to make him a powerful looking villain.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Look at mer-man's EYES!

did you guy's notice mer-man's Eyes (how BIG they are) in the scene when the rest of the herioc warriors, lizard man, man-at-arms join he-man and teela in the room with skeletor. there is a quick scene when they show mer-man and strong arm about to Supposely fight and mer-man's eyes are HUGE. a bit of a screw up on the animation part, but it looks so freaking funny. tell me what you guys think?

carlo

he either didnt get enough sleep or hes water logged
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

funny scene ending!

i love the ending of the EP, when adam says (we're all being punished for you disobeying your father)...I've tasted your potatoes before" and then she's about to throw him a potatoe! FREAKING hilarious!!!

Re: funny scene ending!

Originally posted by carlo
    i love the ending of the EP, when adam says (we're all being punished for you disobeying your father)...I've tasted your potatoes before" and then she's about to throw him a potatoe! FREAKING hilarious!!!
    I totally forgot all about that.

So Carlo, is Daimar the Demon coming up soon?

Kaimuuni
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Re: Re: funny scene ending!

Originally posted by kaimuuni
    I totally forgot all about that.

So Carlo, is Daimar the Demon coming up soon?

Kaimuuni

very very soon... thanks for the reply!

OZZY MOTU FAN
    very good episode,good music,good ideas and a new character.
    what about at the end where he man breaks them chains of photanium! thats power! who sez superman is strong pftttttttt

The Champion of Light
    I really love SDOP! Queen Elmora and the whole photanium thing is just very rich. This ep. is also like the first one which solidifes space travel and conflict outside of Eternia(the planet). Its great to see that by "No Job too Small" the relationship between Phantos and Eternia has deminished. I loved Teela in this episode too... her duel w/ Queen Elmora is awesome!

Lizard-Man
    One of MY favorite episodes! *smirks*

The Champion of Light
    Originally posted by Lizard-Man
    One of MY favorite episodes! *smirks*
    Geez... whats the coincidence that you comment in the ONLY 2 eps. Lizardman stared in??? ...hmmm--aside from the X-Mas Special, yes he had a cameo!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    (To update an old thread with my own review... )

"She-Demon of Phantos" is another very enjoyable, early episode from the show's run.
    Unless I'm mistaken, it was the second episode of the series originally broadcast here in the United Kingdom (where the episodes seldom followed the original U.S. broadcast order).

The action takes place almost entirely on the alien planet of Phantos, following one of the series bible's original concepts that many stories would take place on alien worlds - a concept that ultimately was little used.

It is notable for containing one of the two (bar debatable cameos) appearances of Lizard Man (an early prototype of Whiplash?), and the evil Strongarm (another prototype or simply one of Filmation's own creations? Maybe we'll never know).

The actual plot is a good one, and very exciting in places. Queen Elmora under Skeletor's spell, and the way it ages and disfigures her, is well executed.
    I also particularly like He-Man's getting angry and urge to free the slaves when he sees them, and Man-At-Arms' telling him to wait.

Oh, and just how many times in the early episodes does Teela disobey her father's orders? It must've happened... well... twice!

All in all, a very enjoyable episode, which I'll give a solid 9 out of 10.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Howdy

I really like this ep. It is cool it takes place on an alien planet, we get to see Teela's rebellious streak and we also see how strong He-Man is for being able to break the stongest metal...well of all..Photanium.

I don't like the fight between Man at Arms and Mer-Man it is very silly and boring. we get a rare appearence of Lizzy and ofcourse the one and only appearence of Strong-Arm.

Nice little lines. Such as when Queen Elmora is trying to figure out which He-Man is real and Teela says something like: "Elmora you are a queen of magic and with magic you know you see what the magician wants you to see".

Quality episode and a classic

Chris M
    Last edited by shigsy2003; August 14, 2006 at 12:14pm.
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Hun
    She-Demon of Phantos is my favourite of all episodes. It's so dark and gloomy. Skeletor has never been so evil as he is in this episode. All time favourite.

Eternian Metal Head Skeletor-81's Avatar
    I liked the episode and found Elmora's cross-eyed look very amusing. Over all it is a very good story. Not much else to say on this one. Thanks for bringing these back Spacedust. I hope Carlo continues to give us to more of these since you requested them.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." -Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor-81
    I hope Carlo continues to give us to more of these since you requested them.
    my last review thread was

ep # 52 "the Sleepers awaken"

i will continue from there in a few weeks or so, we got some catching up to do with the others

if there is a review thread you can't find i will gladly post another in the coming weeks too

but pretty much all are there if you search for them
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

There was always something that struck me as funny in this episode: Skeletor gives Elmora wrinkly skin and dishevelled hair with a white streak in it, and suddenly no one can recognize her? It's the Superman-with-Glasses syndrome all over again!

Another goofy moment: After He-Man breaks out of the Photanium, Skeletor uses his staff and sees the heroes planning to rescue their friends. Apparently Skeletor's mind must've been somewhere else, because he doesn't seem to realize He-Man has escaped... Elmora has to point it out to him.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was a fun little action-adventure romp. I remember as a kid, getting freaked out when He-Man got locked in a photanium body cell.

So, I assume all the gear they have at the royal palace is fashioned out of Photanium?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-Bit Star
    There was always something that struck me as funny in this episode: Skeletor gives Elmora wrinkly skin and dishevelled hair with a white streak in it, and suddenly no one can recognize her? It's the Superman-with-Glasses syndrome all over again!
    Well, coming from a series where no-one notices the amazing resemblance between Prince Adam and He-Man, just because He-Man has slightly darker skin, you come to accept such things!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

A big fan of Slush Head
    Definitely one of my favorite episodes. There are so many cool and dark facts in this episode. Like for example the slaves imprisoned in Photanium and Skeletor's magic being so powerful made the story very strong.

Characters like Lizard Man and Strongarm make this episode even better.

Awesome!!