Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Vol. 2 #4 - Official Talk Back - [Spoilers!]

Lioncourt

MOTU Vol. 2 #4 - Official Talk Back - [Spoilers!]

This thread will be opened on Wednesday, 25 June, when the comic is in stores.

When recent events turn to into turmoil, the Masters fight their hardest for survival. But, warnings from the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull clue us in to
    something even more dreadful. Can things get any worse? Find out in the pages of Masters of the Universe as the battle continues!

Just a City Boy, Born... He-Ant's Avatar
    Just finished it. It was awesome. So, Hawk's Stratos' sister? It doesn't surprise...much.

Rating: 9/10
    He-Ant... the Most Powerful Skeletor Fan in the Universe

This issue was much better than the last. I like the visit with the Sorceress, but again- why the hell is ithe comic SOOO short? Once things get really going, they REALLY get going. Like, buh-bye! See you next month!
    Cool stuff-
    the bat versions of the Avionians (sp?) and their "SCREECH"ing... nice touch, intentional or not!
    The glow ring icon in the Sorceress' throne room. That throne room in general!!! I love how it's floating above the clouds
    Man-E-Faces in Grayskull was nice to see. So far in the cartoon, the only people to enter Grayskull have been Orko, Cringer, Man-At-Arms, Teela and Skeletor. I like how He-Man opened the drawbridge, too!
    The explanation of what's been going on is cool. I thought things were "reversed" when MAA referred to Evil-Lyn not as "Evil", but simply "Lyn". So, no Hordak it seems... Will we get a glimpse of "good" Keldor and his forces?
    And, not to be pervin' or nuttin', but I think somebody drew in MAA's... errr... "business" in one of the frames where he's sporting the hospital toga.
    Some sort of in-joke, or am I making stuff up???
    Last edited by zodak74; June 25, 2003 at 03:35pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Originally posted by zodak74

And, not to be pervin' or nuttin', but I think somebody drew in MAA's... errr... "business" in one of the frames where he's sporting the hospital toga.
    Gah...
    checking right now...
    Nahh, it's really a little mistake in colors.. that should have been white... Enza is totally sure!

But I'm glad you liked thr new Sorceress Throne room!
    Last edited by Emiliano; June 25, 2003 at 03:58pm.

Looks like I spotted the ULTIMATE Chase Man-At-Arms Variant, huh?
    Yeah, that throne room is SOLID! The floating adds so much more of a mystique to the atmosphere...
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Stratos88
    Originally posted by zodak74
    That's not right!

Another great comic. Way to go.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    kewl.....Evil-At-Arms! Wonder what he'll do when he sees Skeletor and not Keldor.

Overall, I was impressed with the story, although I'm a bit confused why He-Man wouldnt be allowed to know the way around the castle more....his power source does reside in the basement. And though the logo was cool in the throne room, I thought that was the Skeletor logo...shouldnt the * have been there instead?

Anyway, looking forward to the next issue, and man, I'm going to miss these kick butt alternate covers.....you guys should consider perhaps not having Emiliano do every cover(the man does need a break sometime) and having a different artist do the regular cover...kinda like how Adam Hughes does Wonder Woman covers, but doesnt draw the book itself.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

I love Big E doing the regular covers, and having other artist do the special ones. I love the Sorceress, so seeing her is always a great blessing for me! I love it! When she was hurt on the ground, I almost cried, thank goodness she has rejuventated herself.

I enjoyed the comic, was thinking that it was pretty short too, I dont know. Still can't wait to see the next comic, hopefully with He-Man fighting.

I wonder what the climax will be with Man At Arms, are this alternate self... so where is the real Duncan?

Now the throne room, Im just asking...

She has two of them, one at the top and one at the bottum, because they are both different.

just asking.
    I am the center of my own Universe!

Just for the record I also noticed MAA's charms.

While MAA was rambling in his towel I noticed he said that He man was king. And I was confused if Teela was still Capt. of the Guards or if she was the new sorceress.

I liked that Teela wanted Adam. She needed him. That was sweet.

Overall the story was good. How long is this story arc going to be? Again I think the comics are too fast. Its nice to see the Sorceress. And the Sorceress cover kicked major ass. It was awesome.
    Last edited by Divia; June 25, 2003 at 09:24pm.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    Waitaminute...

Hawk... sister...

YAAAAAAHHH!!! LUKE AND LEIA SYNDROME-KIND OF!!!

Man, I feel *really* dirty right about now. O.o;
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

Poor Eve. You'll feel even dirter(Is that a word) when you see MAA's charms.

Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    Originally posted by divia

Poor Eve. You'll feel even dirter(Is that a word) when you see MAA's charms.

:o

Y'all can't blame me for not knowing that Hawk is Stratos' sister before! ;_; Drat! Double drat! Well, here's hoping Stratos pairs up with someone deserving of him... eh-heh.

MAA's... charms? Oh no, if that means what I think it does... O.o;

I'm gonna get the comic next week. Woohoo!
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

RichardX1
    Originally posted by the parasite eve
    Man, I feel *really* dirty right about now. O.o;
    Wait'll you see He-Man's new look for next season (j/k).

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    FInished the new issue this afternoon. Man this comic is great. Storyline - Val, I love the whole parallel time/evil Man-At-Arms idea. So MAA says "He-Man will kill us all" last issue and then reveals this issue that its King He-Man he serves! So I take it He-Man's a power hungry tyrant in this other dimension -
    Skeletoresque so to speak?! Cool! The artwork was GREAT! I LOVE the way Emiliano draws my fave character Orko! I'm still debating on getting an Orko tattoo based on Emiliano's depiction of him. He just looks so much cuter in the comic than he does in the new toon. Oh and the inside references always get me! The skull ring symbol from the old toyline (that ring came with Tri-Klops and Trap-Jaw as I recall) and He-Man commanding the jawbridge to open like in the old toon was very cool. Oh and I've always wanted to see Man-At-Arms' bits and pieces so thanks a bunch for that.

Penny Punk
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; April 12, 2004 at 01:41pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

really liked this one. can't wait to see what happens to MAA in the next series.

I liked this month's issue the best so far. It let out alot of details without really letting out anything at all. Kinda feel ripped off, but I'm fine with it.
    I like how He-Man opened the drawbridge, too!
    That was homage to the old gilmation cartoon was it not? I remember that happening in quite a few episodes, one in which he teamed with Skeletor for some reason and afterwards Skeletor whispering in the background, "So that's how he does it...."

although I'm a bit confused why He-Man wouldnt be allowed to know the way around the castle more....his power source does reside in the basement.
    Which is why He-man also can't know where all the power is. Look what the power of the crystal did to him in volume one. Never mind what all the power in the unvierse could do to him if he had control of that. Power turns people evil.....or is that money?
    And though the logo was cool in the throne room, I thought that was the Skeletor logo...
    First time I ever saw that logo on the web was on the MOTU Unbound site...the first place I ever saw Emiliano's art. So I thought the logo was Emiliano shwoing respect to where he came from. Could be wrong.
    YAAAAAAHHH!!! LUKE AND LEIA SYNDROME-KIND OF!!!
    There are bound to be relatives of Masters somewher eon Eternia. Not everyone on the planet is going to be an only child. As for Luke and Laia, I'd say if it were He-man and Teela being related you could say that, but not so much for Hawk and Stratos.

Originally posted by Lord Eternos

First time I ever saw that logo on the web was on the MOTU Unbound site...the first place I ever saw Emiliano's art. So I thought the logo was Emiliano shwoing respect to where he came from. Could be wrong.
    No, no totally wrong
    I'm not really paying homage to myself or my site, but it's nice to have some legacy through Unbound, He-Man.org and the comic.

But storywise, I think that logo could be very important and represent Grayskull.
    The 2 horns on the top of the Warrior's ring skull seems the same decoration on the classic Grayskull dome. The shape it's quite similar, so I guess that was what Mattel wanted on that logo at the time.

Funny enough, if you have noticed that (in the MYP series), right after leaving the Evergreen forest, just before the bridge that lead to Graskull, there is a sort of tombstone, a signal, with a similar skull....

All right. Just finished reading the new issue. I thought it was pretty good. Emiliano's art is, I think, some of the best comic art out there. He simply owns these characters visually and creates some awesome sequential pages. The story courtesy of Val also runs very smoothly. He can write action and character and then throw in some explanation about how Eternia works without departing from the story.

My only beef with this comic is that its too short. Way too short. They have enough interesting points to keep you coming back for more, but the end seems to read too short. The ending doesn't seem to payoff as a hook but instead paysoff as a bit of a disappointment. I feel slightly cheated. I like my comics to be serial but within their covers have a story with a beginning, middle, and end while still fitting into a larger arch. For that reason, I'm slightly disappointed with the comic thus far.

It's not enough to turn me away - not by far- but it does bug me.
    ----------
    The Zed Word: Zombie Blog
    Zombie movie reviews and news
    http://www.zedwordblog.blogspot.com

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    Hmm...a fake MAA. I wonder if Faker isn't too far behind...
    Wabawalawoo!!!

I do agree with Red Baron, it is a GREAT story, but just always feel cheated at the end, as if there should be at least one oare two more pages. I don't mind the cliff hangers, just make us feel happy, and then be like, OH NO... I can't wait to see the next comic.
    I am the center of my own Universe!

I'm with Emiliano on this one, that skull symbol in the throne room is the skull on Grayskull with the dome. I remember the ring coming with TriKlops and TrapJaw, I had it, but I still see it as Grayskull.

I love it there, I loved this comic, great work guys and gals!
    Val, your teasing us! I wanna see the other dimension versions of He-Man and Keldor!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    BTW, I guess this issue settles the debate awhile back in the cartoon forum as to whether Stratos' wings are really organic or not. He looked like he was in a lot of pain there.

Penny Punk
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

HEY!

Originally posted by Emiliano

Funny enough, if you have noticed that (in the MYP series), right after leaving the Evergreen forest, just before the bridge that lead to Graskull, there is a sort of tombstone, a signal, with a similar skull....
    I've been curious about that for some time now, it's even featured on one of the covers for Issue #1...
    what IS that, and what does it represent???

CoOkIe KiNgPiN
    Originally posted by He-Ant
    Just finished it. It was awesome. So, Hawk's Stratos' sister? It doesn't surprise...much.

Rating: 9/10
    GAH!! Nooooooooooooooo!! STRATOS YOU HEAR THATH!?!?! STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW!!
    Need transformers[Crystal convoy,otfcc tigertron[others],X9ravage (open to any)! Ghostbusters firehouse misb, escaflowne figure, usagia yojimbo comics, tmnt comics, ghost busters comics

The Walking Dead #1-5[comics]

Todd4LOM
    Originally posted by Lord Eternos
    There are bound to be relatives of Masters somewher eon Eternia. Not everyone on the planet is going to be an only child. As for Luke and Laia, I'd say if it were He-man and Teela being related you could say that, but not so much for Hawk and Stratos.
    I think Luke and Leia Syndrome refers to people rooting for Stratos and Hawk to get together, not simply that they are related.

Nice issue, it helps to ease my disappointment in the Beast Man IOE. I really like where the story is going now. I thought that issue 3's opening was a cop-out with Man-At-Arms returning through the portal seconds after he left, but now we get the pay-off.

Giving Man-E-Faces a bit of the spotlight will always win points with me, he's my favorite master. It was cool to see him in Grayskull too.

I get the feeling that Mekaneck was dispatched early on because you didn't know what to do with him. I hope he's back in action before too long.