Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Chance at Love -- the actual story

Bomb-Chick-A-Bow-Wah! Let's get it on, guys!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Mandolin
    Now that I've finally caught up...

Brother?? Oh, Teela, Teela, Teela... *shakes head*

At least it's progress. But she's going to have to get a grip and admit how she feels - at least to herself if nothing else - before she snaps.

I love you like a brother!? :o

*Adam lying on the ground*

Teela. Kick, kick, kick.

Want more now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Eon
    I'm in Casta's corner of course.

catslyn
    Adam closed his eyes, desperately struggling again the desire to scream his lungs out. Adora. She’s jealous of Adora. Not Castaspella. She doesn’t care about me and Castaspella at all. She’s just jealous of her “brother.” How can she be so blind? Why can’t she see what she’s doing to me? The prince’s eyes clenched shut. At that moment, he wanted nothing in the world more than to take Teela by the arms and shake her until she grew a brain. Or, better still, he could shake her until she came to her senses and confessed her undying love for him. What wouldn’t I give for her to love me? What wouldn’t I do? But that road led only to more pain and anguish. If the love of a sister was the only thing that Teela had to offer him, he would take it and be grateful that she yet cared for him, in whatever manner.

Sighing, Adam lifted Teela off her feet and into a bone crushing hug. Her legs kicked out behind her as her feet left the floor and she gave a surprised laugh. “Adam, you nut!”

“Nut, am I?” Adam asked, allowing a malicious smile to spread slowly across his lips. Shifting his grip so that he could hold her up with one arm, the prince began to tickle the captain’s ribs, hitting all the spots he remembered from their more demonstrative childhood. Teela squealed, throwing her head back, and she gasped for breath. He continued to tickle her ruthlessly, chuckling at her near frantic attempts to free herself and doing his utmost to ignore the less appropriate yearnings that her physical proximity aroused in him. I may not be He-Man, but I’m no weakling. I can handle this. I can.

Teela thrashed in his arms for several seconds, threatening all sorts of dire reprisals. Then… she kneed him in the stomach. Adam dropped her with an, “Oof!” and bent nearly double as he fought to regain his breath, wheezing.

“Ha!” Teela cried as she glared at him self-righteously. “It serves you right!” The prince did not respond. Hands placed firmly on her hips, Teela jerked her chin back and flicked a swath of hair out of her face. “You should know better than to try something like that. You never could – Adam?” The prince gulped air, continuing to wheeze as the captain squatted before his bent form. “Adam, are you all right?” she asked, her eyes wide and very bright. “Oh, no! I didn’t – tell me I didn’t get you there!”

The prince clenched his jaw and shook his head. “Just my stomach,” he rasped through his gritted teeth. “Nothing IMPORTANT!” He gasped as he slowly straightened up, and, laughing ruefully, Teela hurried to help him. “Brat,” he muttered in disgust.

“Oh, Adam,” she sighed, “I really am very sorry. Truly, I am.” They both knew that she wasn’t talking about accidentally kicking him in the stomach.

“It’s all right, Teela,” Adam said slowly. He gazed into her love-filled green eyes, keenly wishing that the emotion that moved her was more than sisterly. “Let’s not talk about it anymore.” At least she loves me. I haven’t completely lost her. Not completely. The captain bit her lower lip nervously. Smiling, the prince reached out and brushed her smooth cheek with his fingers. “I’ll always be your friend, Teela,” he promised earnestly, his heart in every word. “Nothing you could ever do will change that. Don’t worry.”

Teela grinned back, eyes twinkling and then leaned in for another hug. Adam was careful to keep the embrace strictly brotherly as she snuggled against him. His heart ached and soared all at the same time. I must have been a very, very bad person in my previous lives to be tortured like this now.

“I’ve missed you,” Teela whispered against his chin.

Adam sighed and closed his eyes, forgetting for one blindingly joyful moment the strangers they’d become in recent years. “I’ve missed you too, Red.”

Teela giggled against his throat, a decidedly strange sensation. “Don’t start that again,” she groused. “Or I just might suddenly remember that your nickname used to be – ”

“Teela!” Adam cried, shoving her away and holding her at arm’s length. “Don’t you dare! I’ll have you locked up in a tower and fed on cookies and milk for the next fifty years!”

Some while later, having repaired the disarray caused by their brief tussle, Adam and Teela set off to meet Queen Castaspella of Mystacore, walking hand in hand, swinging their arms like the children they’d once been.

the King of Crossovers Classic Cowboy's Avatar
    cute

quite cute

Teela is a moron

pure

simple

100%

grade-A

moron

but atleast they aren't fighting (for now)

so how many hours till she gets stupid again?

MORE SOON!

*Adam points to Teela*

Adam: World's biggest dope. Right here. World's biggest dope.

More soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Fan-Girl
    Silly Teela.

cute. very cute.

More. Now.

Aisleigh

Adam believes in reincarnation and karma interesting.

But Teela forgot to tell him what a scheming **** casta is.

Can't wait for more this is so good. I come here like 5 times aday to see if its been updated what can Isay? Im an addict
    Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. G'Kar Babylon 5
    A warning on a chainsaw

DAVI MUST DIE!!

Come on Teela!!! Get what you want! Grab him and take him!!!! You'd better tell him how you feel soon, or I'm going to self-destruct!!!! :o
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Our Lady of Perverse Fic eideann's Avatar
    It might help if she'd tell herself what she wants first. I agree with Cowboy. She is a grade A moron.
    Fred is a blind stoat.

There is no future in the past, so forget this tomorrow.

One-third of the Triumverate of Evil.
    One-half of Obvious Kidnappers, Ink
    Founding member of the 60-inch Club
    Founding Member of the CHICKS OF FANFIC.

Some girls aren't in touch with their feelings.

Anyway, awww poor Adam. His heart is breaking. Frankly, I thikn he should have taken her and thrust his tongue down her throat, and grabbed her ass. If you are gonna make an impression, you might as well make it a big one.

Would a brother do that?
    Last edited by Divia; September 26, 2003 at 04:08pm.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Originally posted by divia
    Frankly, I thikn he should have taken her and thrust his tongue down her throat, and grabbed her ass. If you are gonna make an impression, you might as well make it a big one.

Would a brother do that?
    Here Here!

and it would be big. Just look at Adams Fingers
    Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. G'Kar Babylon 5
    A warning on a chainsaw

DAVI MUST DIE!!

catslyn
    Originally posted by divia
    Frankly, I thikn he should have taken her and thrust his tongue down her throat, and grabbed her ass. If you are gonna make an impression, you might as well make it a big one.
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO

In The Snake Men Army, serving King Hsss, planning to once again rule all of Eternia
    Please do continue!

cmon!! I need my fix! Man... Im freaking out here Aaaaa!
    A warning on a chainsaw

DAVI MUST DIE!!

catslyn

Angst Before the Fall

Castaspella watched Adam and Teela approach with more than a touch of trepidation. They were holding hands and grinning broadly, and for a moment, the wizardess found it difficult to breathe in the face of their unity. No! It can’t be. She doesn’t love him! Why does he look so happy? She can’t have told him she loves him! She can’t! Willing herself to calmness, The Etherian pasted a smile on her face as they reached her.

“Are you ready to depart, Adam?” Some nuance of her voice must have betrayed her anxiety for the Captain of the Guard and Bodyguard looked at her with an oddly speculative look in her cold green eyes. Releasing Teela’s hand, the prince stepped closer and put an arm around Castaspella’s shoulders.

“Are you all right, Casta?” he asked, his voice rich with genuine warmth and concern, his smile vanishing. “You look a little pale.”

Placing one of her hands over his, where it rested upon her shoulder, the wizardess replied, “I’m fine. Just a little hungry perhaps. Why don’t we be on our way, and we can all get something to eat when we make our first stop for the day?”

His brilliant blue eyes, so near hers, clouded with worry. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, Adam,” she drawled. “Don’t be silly. I’m fine.” Smiling, she leaned closer and gave him a quick and affectionate kiss on the cheek. Teela, out of the prince’s field of vision, scowled, and Castaspella couldn’t resist the urge to squeeze his hand and nestle into his embrace for just a moment. “Now, let’s get to our shopping.”

A short while later, they were in the air. Teela, a militarily trained pilot, flew the windraider while Castaspella sat beside her in the front of the vehicle. The wizardess would much rather have joined Adam in the back, but she knew without a doubt that treating his childhood friend like a glorified chauffer would win no points with the prince. No. Teela and I are stuck with each other, she thought as she struggled for some topic of conversation that the warrior wouldn’t be likely to take as an insult or an innuendo. We’ve got to make the best of this for Adam’s sake. I wonder if she would consider my asking whether the garb she normally wears is a uniform to be an insult? Probably.

Conversation faltered altogether when Teela asked about Castaspella’s family and the wizardess informed her that she had none. Evidently discomfited to have brought up what she must believe to be a painful subject for the Etherian, the other woman had quickly apologized and then focused determinedly on her flying. In an attempt to make light of the captain’s gaffe, Castaspella noted she’d always wanted dozens of children and that she hoped to start a family of her own very soon.

The windraider dipped alarmingly for a moment, and the wizardess seized at the side of the vehicle, her stomach rolling as wildly as their craft. “Hey, Teela! This isn’t a circus ride!” Adam protested, leaned over the partition and placing a hand on his bodyguard’s shoulder. “Give it a rest, will you?”

Teela’s reply was all but inaudible and undoubtedly profane. However, the windraider righted itself with a shuddering jerk. Castaspella released her clutching hold on the vehicle and turned a wide-eyed stare on its pilot. Teela took a several deep breaths, staring resolutely down at the control panel, then muttered, “Sorry. Air pocket.”

She flicked on the autopilot and then rested her hands in her lap where they began to shake ever so slightly. Adam didn’t seem notice and Castaspella chose not to point out the captain’s attack of nerves. “I’m a dreadful pilot,” the wizardess said, earning a startled look from Teela. “If I hit an air pocket, I’m afraid we’d all go down with the ship.”

The Eternian woman’s eyes narrowed and her lips moved as if to respond, but Adam beat her to it. “Oh, I very much doubt that, Casta,” Adam said, chuckling. “Knowing your propensity for pretty spells, I’m sure you’d just cast some simple, yet elegant little spell and we’d all wind up landing on a pile of flower petals or some such thing.”

Castaspella gaped at him, momentarily dumbstruck. Is that all he thinks of my skills? She shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut, fighting to clear her mind. DON’T be paranoid, Casta! Adam has nothing but the greatest respect for you as a woman, a ruler and a wielder of the eldritch powers. As the silence lengthened, both Adam and Teela began to look decidedly nervous, and the wizardess forced a tentative smile. She laughed half-heartedly – the best she could manage – and said, “Rose petals, specifically.”

The prince grinned, his eyes twinkling with relief. Settling his forearms on the partition, he rested his chin on his crossed hands. Castaspella and Teela each swiveled partially in their seats to see him better. “So, ladies, where shall we break our fast? There’s an excellent bakery on Plover Street or – ” Adam broke off abruptly as the windraider rocked in the air. “Teela?”

The captain whirled back to the controls, swiftly tapping commands into the console as the ship continued to buck and jerk through the sky. “What’s happening?” Adam asked in a tone of command quite unlike his usual lighthearted manner. With a lurch, the windraider began to accelerate.

“I don’t know yet,” Teela shouted back at him. “Give me a moment.”

“Right,” the prince said. “Your majesty, switch places with me. I need to take the co-pilot’s seat.” The wizardess nodded instant agreement, and scooted to one side to make room for him. As he climbed forward, she held on for dear life against the pitching and partial rolls of the windraider. Once, she almost fell, but Adam threw and arm around her waist, pulling her tightly against him for one heart-stopping moment. Then, without a word, he lifted her over the partition and into the rear seat. The whole procedure took but moments, yet it seemed to last for an eternity.

The prince and the captain worked in silence, seemingly communicating their questions and answers without words of any kind. Then, Teela turned toward Adam. “It’s no good,” she shouted over the sound of the wind as the craft rapidly continued to pick up speed. “I’ve lost control of the ship’s functions. We’ve got to cut power and try to glide in.”

“Too dangerous,” the prince countered. “What about – ” Before he could finish his question, the control panel sparked madly, the ship whined once like a dying animal and they began to fall.

Fan-Girl
    DUDE!

Totally cool! I need more!

Aisleigh

Relieeeeeeeeef! Ahhh thats better. Thank you Catslyn I've been wanting this for a while. However it wasn't nearly as long as I would like so write more.
    A warning on a chainsaw

DAVI MUST DIE!!

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE
    MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

catslyn
    Originally posted by Classic Cowboy
    How can I write when I'm laughing too hard to breathe?

write more, and I might, MIGHT update Sacrifice tonight

Eek!

Must have more now!!!!!!!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

catslyn
    Originally posted by Classic Cowboy
    write more, and I might, MIGHT update Sacrifice tonight
    Vile extortionist!

*Catslyn grumbles*

I'm supposed to be writing Sacrifice and Service! I promised people.....

On the other hand.... It's early yet.

I COULD DO BOTH!

POST! DARN YOU!

S&S is good too, but I am working on on Sacrifice so work and I'll work, deal