Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Second Chance at Love -- the actual story

Silverrose

re:

I hope it's soon. I'm really looking for Casta to pull ahead on this one. I'm not a big fan of the Adam/Teela pairing.

I didn't see Silverrose as bumping this thread, as she did comment on it and ask when it would be up-dated.

And I believe Catslyn did an up-date not too long ago.

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Silverrose

re:

Sorry Kittrina, but I must say I am a bit annoyed by your post. The thread was started back in 2003 with a recent post of August or September 2006 before I posted. This thread has therefore been "alive" and occasionally updated by the original poster for those three years. I am not bumping a dead topic by any means.

Also, although I'm not a very new member, I certainly wasn't here when this story was first posted and just found it a few days ago. I did check to see when the topic was originally started and how recent the last post was before I posted specifically to avoid accidentally bumping a dead topic.

Kittrina is right. Bumping is evil and will be handled. I'm afraid we had an issue with it a few months back. It is against forum rules.

That being said, I do not think Silverrose meant to bump the post. I think as a person who just found this thread she was interested in finding out if the story was done or not..or if a link could be provided to the finished product.

As for the story itself it has been an on again off again project.

I hope this clears up matters.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrose View Post
    Sorry Kittrina, but I must say I am a bit annoyed by your post. The thread was started back in 2003 with a recent post of August or September 2006 before I posted. This thread has therefore been "alive" and occasionally updated by the original poster for those three years. I am not bumping a dead topic by any means.

Also, although I'm not a very new member, I certainly wasn't here when this story was first posted and just found it a few days ago. I did check to see when the topic was originally started and how recent the last post was before I posted specifically to avoid accidentally bumping a dead topic.
    Don't worry Silverrose. I don't think anyone else viewed you as bumping the thread. When you first posted, you were simply inquiring if the story was finished elsewhere which is a legitmate question since you're somewhat new and didn't know it was only posted here. Besides, it was updated not too long ago. It was on the front page, so people are free to respond to it. Like I said, don't worry about it.

Well... I can see where everyone is coming from.

This story by Catslyn is actually what motivated myself to began He-Man/She-Ra fanfic writing. I saw how Catslyn was able to offer unique new spins on the Filmation characters while generally not drifting too far from the canon material, and hence I was inspired to try the same - only with action material as oppossed to largely romance material.

If not for this story, there may not have been a "Catalyst of War", "Secrets No More", and most certainly not a "Sibling Rivalry".

Catslyn has influenced my He-Man/She-Ra fanfics to some degree - but so as Kittrina as it pertains to my action scenes and some moments of high dialogue (as well as beta reading). Thor has influenced my comedy writing, and Deltara has influenced my handling of more militaristic characters (like General Tataran). Princessadora has beta read for me, and has given me some great ideas. So... I like to think that I've taken a little something from ALL of this board's fine fanfic writers.

I certainly don't think that Silverrose meant any harm in replying to this thread.

That being said - I'd love to see Catslyn finish this story (though as an Adam/Teela fan moreso than an Adam/Castaspella fan, I doubt it'll end the way I'd most like it to ). I think that every story has it's day in the sun, but closure is welcomed, and anxiety can make one impatient over time.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Last edited by Deltara; December 6, 2006 at 04:36am.
    "Please, don't try anything you're about to see us do at home." - Adam Savage
    "EVER!" - Jamie Hyneman

"I reject your reality and substitue my own." - Adam Savage

"Aren't tracer rounds illegal?" - Jamie Hyneman

I think you guys should take this to the PMs. That's what they're there for.

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Agreed. If ya'll want to discuss certin things please do so in PMs. Thank you.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

We had a long talk and the hatchet is finally buried in the ground once for all. There won't be any more rants. Sorry for the ugliness.
    "Please, don't try anything you're about to see us do at home." - Adam Savage
    "EVER!" - Jamie Hyneman

"I reject your reality and substitue my own." - Adam Savage

"Aren't tracer rounds illegal?" - Jamie Hyneman

kick ass, kick ass
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    kick ass, kick ass
    Ja, we're friends still. I am just very emotional and sensative about my work. Bri says I am getting much better, so that made me feel very happy. I hate to clutter this story with these stupid personal disputes, so I am really sorry that I acted like a little brat about this.

My apoligies to Cats, Diva, and everyone else.

Bri, IM me anytime. I like how your book is coming.......