Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Icons of Evil :Trapjaw" - Official Talk Back *Spoilers*

Woo! Got Icons of Evil: TrapJaw early!

I went to the comic store today and picked up IOE: TrapJaw. Let me say its just the same. The bulk of storyline and plot we were promised is just not there. Its ike the others, action panel after action panel, very little dialouge and leaves you feeling like you've wasted your money.

If anyone has any questions about it, let me know and I'll answer.
    Last edited by Buesefus; September 2, 2003 at 11:13pm.

I Didnt even know it was out yet...it is supposed to be out this thursday!?

Originally posted by Skeletorfan
    I Didnt even know it was out yet...it is supposed to be out this thursday!?
    As far as I know it was supposed to be out Thursday. I went in today looking for issue 6 and they gave me IOE as it was all they had. And they only had two copies of it at all.

It's not out yet.
    It will be out on Thursday.
    Perhaps Wednesday in Canada.

Originally posted by JVS3
    It's not out yet.
    It will be out on Thursday.
    Perhaps Wednesday in Canada.
    I've got it, Val. They sold it to me earlier today.

SPOILERS

The ending consists of Evil-Lyn telling Kronis she used to respect him, followed by him coming out of the shadows proclaiming his new name. Great artwork.

Icons of Evil :Trapjaw [Official Talk Back] *SPOILERS*

It's out in Canada today so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

WOW!

It was kind of short but that fight with skeletor at the end!! MAN ol bonehead is TOUGH!!

I loved it...I still love the reg series more but these one shots are lots of fun!!

I didn't think Kronis had it in him like that! Skeletor didn't respect his talents at all! but man Kronis could get the job done...skelly is just WAY too powerful though...

One thing though...I thought Kronis was injured when he was rescued from the palace dungeons...not by skeletor!

But still that beating skeletor gave...makes him a REALLY SERIOUS THREAT in my eyes...LOVE the way skeletor is depicted!!and the power he shows from the top of snake mountain!! WOO!

People complain alot about these one shots but I have loved them all so far...this one the most!

they are fun books and set up more...I hope to see sequels...not only seeing more icons but follow ups to these ones...that should be fun too!!
    Last edited by krosfyah; September 3, 2003 at 01:42pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I already posted my thought but apparently people thought I was lying or something...

In any event I found this one to just be more of the same. Pages upon pages of nothing but fighting, no transitions between scenes, just a big jumble. We have no idea that Kronis is any sort of warrior, but he can amass such an army in seemingly a matter of weeks? Makes no sense IMO.

And I thought the same thing about the jail thing. And Skeletor allowing him to re-join seemed pretty tacked on, considering he was just about to kill him.

IMO, this would have done better if that was the first battle Kronis and Skeletor had fought. Would have made more sense in the long run.

Just merged the threads. Sorry, forgot it might be out in Canada today, I just wanted to prepare a Talkback thread for tomorrow.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Originally posted by Buesefus
    I already posted my thought but apparently people thought I was lying or something...
    I believed ya!

I see your points but I enjoyed the book...I enjoyed all the others too. I don't mind not having everything put out there for one shots but thats me...as for skeletor letting him stay...I thought it was interesting...in a twisted way Trappy gained bonehead's respect for his tenacity...but bonehead knowing that he could easily take kronis down whenever he choose showed mercy...in return kronis lives a life of servitude.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

CoOkIe KiNgPiN
    Its out today? But monday was off!?! Normaly they don't get out till thursday when that happens! I guess Ibetter make a trip up & check
    Need transformers[Crystal convoy,otfcc tigertron[others],X9ravage (open to any)! Ghostbusters firehouse misb, escaflowne figure, usagia yojimbo comics, tmnt comics, ghost busters comics

The Walking Dead #1-5[comics]

IOE Trapjaw is SPECTACULAR!!!

You Guys have GOT to check this comic out! The Icons of Evil: Trapjaw is spectacular! IT is THE WAY these IOE SHOULD be!

Story, art, coverage, and depth is GREAT!

I dont know how many of you get the comics of MOTU, but if you do or dont, THIS IS THE ONE to have!!!

I simply loved it. And thats not just because TRapjaw is my fave character--I just thought it was all covered well and was a fantastic comic.

Sure it is short, but it IS only ONE, and for what they gave us, Id say the money is worth it, just about.

It DEFINANTLY beats the other IOE, and it shows Kronis is a true bad arse. My only complaint is that he ISNT as much as a tough guy now, or isnt depicted as such.

I was lucky to get mine in a little comic store in Nashville today, but MY store here in Cookeville wont get until tommorow.

"HAIL, KRONIS!"

Invisible Zombie
    I went to two comics shops today but didn't see the IOE trap Jaw.
    I picked up the Vol2 #6 though.
    I didn't even know the IOE release tomorrow

Buesefus & krosfyah: The whole jail-breaking-incident is from Cartoon Network´s short profile-info´s, that have been changed even in the cartoon, so I don´t trust those info´s so much no more.

The whole Jail-Break thing was just something they cooked up real quick for the Bio on Cartoon Network, but isn't real.

Think of it as false info from Trap Jaw who doesn't want you to learn about his most humbling past.

LOOK!

Images central shows Trap Jaw some lovin' It's today's image.

http://www.imagescentral.com/
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Originally posted by JVS3
    The whole Jail-Break thing was just something they cooked up real quick for the Bio on Cartoon Network, but isn't real.

Think of it as false info from Trap Jaw who doesn't want you to learn about his most humbling past.
    that sneaky jerk - but after seeing the truth I can imagine why he'd want to cover it up...he got his jaw handed to him! (away from him actually)

Fear is faith in failure

decastar

Trap Jaw was good!

Yesterday, I picked up the Icons of Evil: Trap Jaw and I must say that it was a great read!! It answered all of the questions that I had about Trap Jaw though it didn't go throught how Kronis met Keldor/Skeletor. However, the story was great with awesome art! I especially liked the detail that showed Kronis' "transformation". Overall, I though that it was very well done!

skinnypuppy
    i was one of the people who enjoyed the other 2 IOE. especially mer man. i just think that there is tons of stuff missing from it. almost as if a second part is needed. but even without mermans past being right in front of us, it is clear as to which direction he leads in life.

anyways i really loved the trapjaw comic. it would have been even coooler if they showed him being built. like getting his new jaw attatched and triklops (i presume) making a new arm for him.

The one page spread with Skelly knocking out Kronis is worth the cover price alone. Great book, Val. 'Nuff said.

Okay, one thing really bothers me about these Icons of Evil. They don't seem to live up to what they claim to be. Read the little introduction on the first page and it explains the series as being about how Keldor amassed his army of evil warriors. Sure, that's what the Beast Man IoE was about, but Keldor is no where to be seen in Mer-Man IoE, it's merely about how he lost his underwater kingdom. And Trap Jaw IoE isn't about how he met up with Keldor either, it's about how he transformed from Kronis to Trap Jaw.

Don't get me wrong, these are interesting stories in themselves and I'm very grateful that they're being told, but this just isn't what we're promised on the titlepage:

"Before Adam was given the power of He-Man...
    Before Grayskull held the power of the Elders...
    Before Skeletor terrorized Eternia in search of the Universe's ultimate power...
    There was Keldor... a skilled fighter who had begun to learn the dark art of sorcery. Keldor lurked in the shadows, building his army to challenge the forces of good. And over time, Keldor gained the loyalty and respect of the most vile and evil creatures ever to exist on Eternia. Relive the tales of some of these warriors, and learn how they became true Icons of Evil!"

The Best Yet!

I was one of the skeptical ones, especially after the lameness which was IOE: Mer-Man. But from the very first page I got a chill. This one already had "the vibe". I appreciated seeing Kronis challenging Skeletor's ability to rule- I think I can safely assume this takes place VERY shortly after the first battle we see in "The Beginning Part One", when Keldor has his face burned off. It's nice to see some distinction being made between who Keldor was as a ruler and who he has become as "Skeletor". And finally- some exposition about what life in the Dark Hemisphere is like! MAA & the Sorceress erected the Mystic Wall and it has had a ripple effect that neither of them probably thought of in advance. The tribes and people who also called the Dark Hemisphere "home" are cut off from food, water, and supplies- thus creating total anarchy. So, Kronis being ousted from Snake Mountain is more of a serious issue than, say, in the toon when Stinkor was ousted and able to roam freely about Eternia. I love the fact that there are humans who live on the Dark Hemisphere, rather than just the human/beast hybrids we are accustomed to seeing ala Beast Man, Clawful, etc. I liked the entire plot of the story, and the action was spot-on! This whole comic had the vibe of the first four MOTU mini-comics from the classic line- total barbarianism!!! This is what I've always loved about He-Man.
    Can't kiss the artist's butt enough re: the showdown between Kronis and Skeletor. The graphic violence was a nice touch, and IMO not over-the-top or gratuitous. It served a purpose- showing us why Trap has a metal jaw and a robotic arm. And also let us know you do NOT mess with Skeletor or his Havoc Staff!
    Some things which remain a mystery- how did Kronis lose his heart? And his legs? I am assuming from the metal gear on his upper thighs that his legs are not normal, and can guess from the metal stitches on his chest that perhaps his heart was taken out at some point. Hmmm.
    I finally was able to swallow Tri-Klops as the scientist of the lot, after a year now. I was always attached to the idea from my childhood hours playing with my toys that Trap was the inventor and Tri merely a barbaric warrior. But after Skeletor pretty much hands the defeated Kronis to Tri and basically says "clean this mess up", that yeah- Tri-Klops is the MAA of the Dark Hemisphere.
    I can NOT wait until the Tri-Klops IOE, as he is my favorite Evil Warrior and his background always a mystery to me (unless you count the DC mini which only told us he was taken from another dimension by Skeletor and wasn't necessarilly an evil warrior to start with).
    I give IOE #3 an A+!!!
    Thanks for delivering the goods Val & co
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

BIG DADDY SINISTER
    I've taken Mr. Kirkman and co. to task on the two previous installments of IOE, specifically how they were somewhat lacking in story, character development and depth, but not this time!!

IOE: Trapjaw hit it outta the park. True depth and background was added to one of the most intriguing and enigmatic characters in MOTU. And the action!! Skeletor's never looked more devastating (excepting perhaps the tv show's COE two parter). We actually see how Kronis was upgraded (degenerated?) into the cyborg thug we know and fear. I guess Mattel finally decided to unshackle you guys' true talent, and let you tell a story the way it should be told; you blew the roof off.

I couldn't be happier with this book. Take a bow, folks.

Really is Skeletor
    I just picked it up today, and liked it.

I've read all of the IOE's and they've all been good, and different. While there is probably much more to the story, this is a good look at the characters.

It did take me a bit to why Skeletor talked about Kronis proving himself when moments ago he was going to kill him, and following the battle scenes was a bit tough, but overall good quality work.

I do have to say though, that even after reading some of the early Ultimate Marvel titles, and early Spawn, that Skeletor smashing Kronis' jaw was probably the most violent thing I've seen in comic books. That's not a criticism, just an observation.
    Tyler J Maciolek

this one was awesome. i love IOE Trapjaw. by far my favorite of the three.

Evil Halloween Enthusiast Razzbel's Avatar
    I hate my comic book shop. He claims that it wasn't released this week and that it was delayed a week. I think he's been delayed a week. I just had to vent.
    You can have all of the toys in the world, but they're all worthless if you have no one to play with.
    My Tattoo | Gay He-Fans | Facebook