Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Icons of Evil : Tri-Klops" - Official Talk Back *Spoilers*

Coffeeking23

Got IOE: Triklops today!

Hey,
    I picked up the comic book today...I was actually looking for Trapjaw @ my local comic book shop, but they had this instead...I was pleasantly suprised. Anyway, its a good read, but not awe inspiring...It has a good story, but in the end you feel bad for Triklops more than anything....and yes, You do find out about how the visor came into place. Go pick it up if you can

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Got one today too! Bangor, Maine comic shop, great story, they read so fast, I always want more, the Rise of The Snakeman on the back cover was a welcomed surprise! GIVE ME MORE!

i picked it up as well. it was pretty good. really good use of Keldor in the story.

I also picked it up today.

It was a really cool story. The art wasn't up to the level of the others, I wonder why they decided to go with so many artist in one book?

I am still confused and lost on one thing. Why did Tri-Klops have a green bandana on his head when fighting in the beginning? He's not blind then, so what was the deal? It would have been ideal if there were holes for his eyes, which would work a lot better.

A lot of open ended questions, but a cool tale on how he became part of Skeletor's gang.

What I find really interesting is that Tri-Klops is under some kind of spell as long as he wears that helmet??? That would make sense why he is so loyal... but I wonder why he then tries to take the power for himself with his bone warriors in the cartoon. A little confused on that. Or maybe I'm wrong all together, LOL, help me out here!

Out of all the four, I like the Beast Man one the best, funny huh! I just like the battle between Keldor and Beastie, and how Keldor is protrayed. Storywise, I don't know. hmmm. I guess Trap Jaw, but it's not steallar if you ask me. Good Battle between him and Skeletor though, really had me amazed!
    I am the center of my own Universe!

Heroic Warrior
    just called my comic store... they have it too! gotta pick that up after work...

Heroic Warrior
    ShawnQt wrote:
    "What I find really interesting is that Tri-Klops is under some kind of spell as long as he wears that helmet??? That would make sense why he is so loyal... but I wonder why he then tries to take the power for himself with his bone warriors in the cartoon. A little confused on that. Or maybe I'm wrong all together, LOL, help me out here!"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore the cartoon. You'll come out better for it.
    ne jabba no badda!

Originally posted by ShawnQt
    Why did Tri-Klops have a green bandana on his head when fighting in the beginning? He's not blind then, so what was the deal? It would have been ideal if there were holes for his eyes, which would work a lot better.
    Perhaps he was training some ancient martial skills and noticed trouble nearby. How should I know, I havenīt even read the issue... (still, from the preview-pages, my first reaction was a memory of Snake-Eyes and Shadow)

I went to the comic store on my way to school. They were putting the books out. I picked up Icons:TriKlops but the store wouldn't let me buy it for another 20 minutes and I had a class to go to then. Tsk tsk tsk

The store is called "Brave New World Comics". 23566 Lyons Avenue Ste. 103 Newhall, CA 91321.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar

"Icons of Evil : Tri-Klops" - Official Talk Back *Spoilers*

Icons of Evil - Tri-Klops... merging

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I picked up a copy today too The art downright sucked. It was almost unbearable. I was hoping for something a little darker, but whatever. I thought the story was very good and I enjoyed it. Although I did end up feeling sorry for poor Tri. I can see him in the future breaking from Skeletor. Sooner of later the magic will weaken and he will regain his senses.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Son of Thunder
    I was fully expecting this issue to be a letdown, but I was wrong. This issue was my favorite of the four!

The art was definitely...unique, but I liked it. While the technique was a little rough, I did like the style.

This is everything I was hoping for in the IoE. I wonder if these books would have worked better as a mini-series, told chronologically and in continuity witheach other.

SoT

I have a question for everyone else who has the issue. When Keldor and Tri-Klops are falling down that pit and having their fight, one of the pages is duplicated in my copy

I was wondering if they were all like this, or if my copy is flawed. If the latter of the two i'll have to go buy another one.

Thanks.
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

decastar
    Just picked up the Tri-Klops Icons of Evil. Overall, the story was pretty good though it began a little too quickly for me. We never learn about the wizard that Tri-Klops is serving (even his name would add a bit to the story) and I have no idea why Tri-Klops wanted to save him in the first place (When he jumps into the scene saying "Step away from him!"). Also, why did Tri-Klops kill the wizard's friend who appeared to be trying to protect the wizard in the first place as well? Anyway, we learn that the magic has temporarily blinded him and he now serves the wizard who built TriKlops a visor to contain the magic. I am guessing that Tri-Klops was wearing a bandanna in the first battle for some kind of martial arts-swordsman training, as he must not have been vision impaired at this point. Needless to say, the story was a little confusing at the beginning and then it ended up showing a lot of fighting and action (a trend of all the Icons of Evil series). The art was a little distracting and overall was not as strong as the art in the previous Icons of Evil. I especially found it strange that Beast Man appeared so strangely when Keldor is planning on attacking the wizard's fortress (almost like a drawing from a 10 year old). And yes, I found that a page was duplicated in my copy as well (when they are falling down the tunnel through the trap door).

So, in conclusion, I have to say that the issue falls somewhere in the average category (among the other MV Creations Masters of the Universe releases) and I must say that Beast Man and Trap Jaw ended up being my favourites! However, it does give us some insight into TriKlops history and definitely deserves a place in my MOTU collection!

I just noticed a small continuity error in the comic.

In the beginning of the comic we see that Tri-Klops is without his visor and the little tubes on his armor. Originaly I figured that the tubes would be added with the visor, but actually they appear out of nowhere.

When Keldor and Tri-Klops fall into the pit, the tubes on his chest armor magically appear and stay until the end of the comic. I guess this is what happens when every 4 pages you get a new artist.

Brassy Baroness
    I think it was cool to see soo many people pencil the book. But man, yet again, Keldor is hot.

Now that is out of the way, as for the story... it needed to be expanded. I feel sorry for Tri-klops, but it was too choppy for me. Tri-klops was not really even the main character in the story of his life. He was merely the pawn played with. Keldor shined in this issue like Beastman, which was the high light of the comic to me, but... I want to learn about Tri-klops personality which is still a mystery to me.

Originally posted by Judith
    . . . as for the story... it needed to be expanded. . . I want to learn about Tri-klops personality which is still a mystery to me.
    Very true. Looking at the first scene of the comic, Tri-Klops saves the life of a stranger being attacked. To me this isn't an act of evil, but one of good! Either they are leaving out his reasons for helping the man or Tri-Klops is actually a good-guy who is manipulated by people.

And if this is true, and only the improvements on the armor and visor keep him evil, then he could very easily be converted to the masters' side if they knew this information.

Am I crazy, or did he seem like a good-guy to anyone else?

i really liked this issue also. it had everything that was promised to fans. i can't see people arguing that this issue left wanting. the only thing that jumps out of nowhere is triklops. but really how else are ya gonna introduce him.
    if merman and beastman had been more like this i bet people would be praising instead of dissing the series.

it really solved almost all of my questions brilliantly. only one i have left is i guess he is a techno genius since he grew up around the technology.

also i figured he had a rag on his head explicitiy so we(the readers) couldn't see his eyes since that was the mysterious part about him.

i also thought he was blind to begin with also but there are also martial artists in gijoe(i.e snake eyes and night creeper leader who have had no eye holes in their masks) among many others who don't need eye holes since they can see out of the material.

it was nice to see that this came relatively soon after the beastman series since ol' beasty boy has yet to really prove himself to keldor. overall a great read and a great way to end the series.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Fearless_Photog

Yes, there is a duplicat page in the Tri IOE. Someone just pointed it out to me as well. My bad. I didn't notice cause it wasn't on the same page.

I wonder why Tri saved someone as well. I always figured he had a sense of honor.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I'm very pleased to hear that IOE: Tri-Klops is shaping up to be a good issue. I can't say for myself since I don't have it yet, but indications look good.

As long as the story can carry the less than interesting art, cool.
    ----------
    The Zed Word: Zombie Blog
    Zombie movie reviews and news
    http://www.zedwordblog.blogspot.com

BIG DADDY SINISTER
    Originally posted by decastar
    why did Tri-Klops kill the wizard's friend who appeared to be trying to protect the wizard in the first place as well?
    That man is not a friend of the wizard; he's just another of the attackers. We see from the very first panel that the wizard is travelling alone. When he has his hands on the wizard's shoulders, he's attempting to harm him, not help him.

I also wondered at the future Tri-Klops' reasoning behind attacking the highwaymen. Did he truly intend to help the wizard out of the kindness of his heart (or for some form of reward), or did he just want to nail him for himself?

So it has been revealed that Tri-Klops is nothing else than Skeletor's pawn? Even moreso, his puppet?
    Sorry, but this is a major disappointment for me. I kinda cross fingers that one day, we will find out that Tri-Klops found a way to overthrow the spell, but decided to stay with Skeletor & Co.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

tenno
    Garrgh! I can't stand that everyone liked this. It had some good fights, but it was so incongruous. Tri-Klops saves someone at the begininng. His green bandanna is never explained. Weak. The swordfight is okay, but that whole convoluted explanation of the spell and the armor and the eyes was overkill. I would have liked to see a Tri-Klops that really was loyal to Skeletor. You know, something different and not obvious. "I'm Skeletor, I have a spell that makes him love me." "I'm Skeletor, I trick people." "I'm Skeletor, I have no loyal henchmen." It's just that I think all of these Icons could have been written by a five year old. That's supposed to be insulting. I care about these characters and hate to see such simple-minded origins given to them. Tri-Klops is my favorite. I wanted to see some character out of him. It's good that they gave him the name Swordsman, because he had all the personality of a generic swordsman. Shame on anyone who green-lighted this junk.
    Now yell at me and blame it on Mattell.

Yeah, a lot of things were left unanswered. I didn't like how we were supposed to assume Triklops gained all of his technological knowledge from his time being a bodyguard for the wizard. I always thought he would have fashioned the doomseekers and visor himself.

However I did like the way Triklops face was always hidden, it left it to the imagination if Triclops was binocular or if he was a cyclops. When I was a kid I always thought he was a cylops, but I've gotten the impression that many board member picture him having two eyes.

It was cool but there were many, many issues with it.

One blaring error was that duplicated page. Is that a mistake? I had to look at it like ten times to figure out what was happening. Was it duplicated to show how far they were falling?

And someone please tell us why Tri-Klops wore a green bandana over his eyes? Was he like a Jedi in training or something? What's the big deal about not showing his eyes?

Why did he save that wizard? It just seemed so open to interpretation, which is (I guess) what the writer wanted.

So, Tri-Klops made the transition from swordsman to techno-genius by hanging around a smart guy? Tri-Klops is a weapons building master and yet we are given no information on how he gains this attribute or makes that transition.

I didn't mind the plot of trickery that was played on Tri-Klops. It worked for me, but yeah, Tri-Klops was another butt of a joke. So, three out of the four IOE's were muscled or tricked into serving Skeletor?

The art was good in some places, but lacking in others. Why were there twenty different artists?

This would have to be my least favorite of the four because my hopes were so high, being that Tri-Klops is my favorite. I didn't totally hate it, but it was really disappointing.

I'd have to say the Beast-Man IOE was by far the best when you consider art, writing and overall quality.

GGRRRR!!! I am skipping reading all these to avoid the spoilers, but I MISSED this issue becuase when they changed to CROSSGEN, it totally screwed up the comic shop lady, so she didnt order it for me

Even though I have been telling her for MONTHS that I want every thing MOTU, ESPECIALLY The trapjaw IOE (she missed that one too, but luckily I had picked it up the day before).

She really apologized, and I guess I have to accept it, but I dont really understand how she could have missed it. oh well, I will get it one way or theother...