Thread: "Valley of Power" Official Classic Episode Review Thread!

"Valley of Power" Official Classic Episode Review Thread!

hey guy's..this week..EP # 28 "Valley Of Power"

Adam, Teela and Cringer are exploring the Valley of Power, which contains magical water which energizes anyone who drinks it with great power. A stranger also in the area called Danavas has stolen an egg of a mother (rogue)bird. When the baby bird hatches he makes it drink the water and gain its power, so he can control it for himself. The bird grows to giant size and soon the Royal Palace is in danger from Danavas pet.

lets hear all your reviews on this ep.

carlo
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

hey i liked this episode alot i feel as though it was funny to see heman and battlecat crackin jokes on each other.
    there was another villain in this episode as well but later he realized his error after using an animal for his own conquest
    i also thought it was funny when orko started acting like a baby
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

The Champion of Light
    I loved this episode... especially because of Battlecat! He got a lot of great dialogue in--he really felt like a character and not just a creature...

Yes, I love this episode!!!

There's some great character scenes. We get some good "buddy buddy" dialogue between He-Man and battle cat, and a very cool but brief scene between Teela, Orko, and the Sorceress.

If memory serves correct, this is the only episode (aside from Colossor Awakes) where we see the Sorceress creating a potion. Her ingredients are very cool: Anger Reducer, Motherly Understand, A Pinch of a baby's cry. Linda Gary's voice is also perfect in this episode.

I love the scene where Orko crashes into the classic window of Grayskull. The next thing we see is the Sorceress'es potion dripping on his head. The Sorceress picks of the potion bottle, and peers inside to see how much is missing. It's classic stuff and very funny! It's also oneof the few times where we see the Sorceress grin at Orko's comedic performance as he reverts back to childhood for a few moments.

I also like how He-man tells Teela to go to the Sorceress for a cure. It's another example of how he seeks out the special aide of the Sorceress when no other character's abilities will do. Not only that, but the Sorceress is seen watching Teela and Orko in the mirror on their way to Grayskull--as if she knew, by some higher instinct,that she'd be needed!
    Last edited by Blue; October 18, 2003 at 03:47pm.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Originally posted by Blue
    Yes, I love this episode!!!
    I also like how He-man tells Teela to go to the Sorceress for a cure. It's another example of how he seeks out the special aide of the Sorceress when no other character's abilities will do. Not only that, but the Sorceress is seen watching Teela and Orko in the mirror on their way to Grayskull--as if she knew, by some higher instinct,that she'd be needed!
    great feedback blue, i agree also with you liking when the sorceress is watching teela and orko on their way to see her.this is what i like about the classic sorceress alot of times she sees whats going on in eternia.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Carlo,

Not only does she see what's going on, but she actually does something about it.

While the MYP Sorceress also watches events, she does little to influence them, i.e. COE 2.

I love the shot of Teela and Orko on the Mother Roe. The camera pans back to show them framed in the Mirror of Grayskull and we see the Sorceress watching. The transition is cool as it brings the action to Grayskull without creating a jarring scene change.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    (old thread... new review... )

I consider "Valley Of Power" to be an average episode from the first season of the classic series.

I remember liking this one as a kid, and it stuck in my memory for many years, until I finally collected the whole series on VHS. Nowadays I still like it, though feel it does verge on dragging in a couple of places - but that may just be because I've seen it *so many times*!

Danavas is an adequate, if rather generic, villain for the episode.

I like how Adam, Teela and Cringer are searching for the magical waters which only rise every thousand years. So many interesting things happen on planet Eternia! I wish we had stuff like that in boring old Slough!

There's some great He-Man / Battle Cat dialogue and, as already mentioned in the thread, Orko's brief return to babyhood is priceless.

All in all, a fairly agreeable, middle of the road episode, neither outstandingly good nor bad. It gets 7 out of 10 from me.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...