Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Rise of the Snake Men" #1 (of 3) Talkback

Originally posted by snakeface
    I can't wait for part 2. BTW when does #2 come out???
    Some time next month, I would imagine.
    ----------
    The Zed Word: Zombie Blog
    Zombie movie reviews and news
    http://www.zedwordblog.blogspot.com

snakeface
    Thanks. November 19th is the scheduled date of release(I got it from the comic faq's.)

Originally posted by snakeface
    Thanks. November 19th is the scheduled date of release(I got it from the comic faq's.)
    35 days until the next issue, well atleast I can get a chance to recoupe before my next MOTU buying extravaganza

Three copies from the shop and a order through MVCreations, hmmmm maybe the prints and a poster or two this time hmmmmm

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Cut me some slack ya'll! I'm new to this "non-sexual/crude humor" stuff. I'm too used to doing things MY way. But I'll get better! Anyhow, what did you think of Goat Man's colors? Good stuff eh?
    -Tony Grate
    Get Over HERE!: Visit www.retro-daze.com

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

Thank you for the great start to the Snake Men series. The art is cool so far. What I like, visually--
    1. Sorceress in her bedroom without her official sorceress attire
    2. Three-headed Snake Mountain in the flashback
    3. Vibrant colors
    4. Masters surrounded by evil warriors
    5. Fan-Art
    6. Seeing the "old familiars" emerge from the snake pit on the last page of the story

Plot-wise I like--
    1. He-Man's snake armor explained (Grayskull/Elder's power adapting to various threats)
    2. Evil-Lyn's shining by helping Rattlor and Kobra Kahn. She discovers Zodak and then goes behind Skeletor's back to help the snakemen. Her evil shows through when she asks why they don't just kill Zodak.
    3. The parallels between the cartoon and the comic
    I appreciate the comic. I was never into, or really aware, of the Snakemen in the '80's. The comic helps me discover them and get excited about the figures being released. Once not real crazy about getting Kobra, Rattlor, Hiss, etc.. I can see myself wanting them. Plus, I saw the Snakemen in some classic comic issues. They were...a SUPER JOKE...like young kids. Not evil at all. Apologies to any kids reading this. Fantastic Job!!

The Champion of Light
    I got it... it was okay but I wonder if it will mirror the episode of the exact same name. It is enjoyable though.

Originally posted by Ghost of Vapor
    Cut me some slack ya'll! I'm new to this "non-sexual/crude humor" stuff. I'm too used to doing things MY way. But I'll get better! Anyhow, what did you think of Goat Man's colors? Good stuff eh?
    -Tony Grate
    Excellent all around. Will we be seeing more of you courtesty of MV Creations?
    ----------

Originally posted by Nightwing
    Lastly it was great to see the explanation for He-Man's Snake Armor.
    Personally, I thought it was a cop-out. No blame on Val, of course; I'm sure he had very little to work with.

Fantastic issue otherwise!

Hiji
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Originally posted by RedBaron
    Excellent all around. Will we be seeing more of you courtesty of MV Creations?
    If I don't screw it up. LOL. I just wanna help however I can to make the comic fun. A small contribution but it's all I can do.

Looking at it now, that one guy is right. I should have just left the last panel with no words, but I'm not used to thinking on a kids level. Okay, well maybe I am, but not when it comes to the "maturity" of the content. I was trying too hard to make it understandable. Oh well, you live and learn.
    Last edited by Ghost of Vapor; October 15, 2003 at 10:06pm.

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

GOV, I for one was happy to see another "Fan-artist" in the pages of a great comic book. Way to go!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

It definitely is nice to see a fellow orger make it "big time" by having their work show up in a real comic like this. Heck, it feels great just to know that other people are buying that and seeing your very own work there. Certainly gives you bragging rights with friends!

But just to add, I think you did fine with everything else in that comic. Don't underestimate kids, though, they can be a lot faster at figuring stuff out than I think you give them credit. The giant axe MAA was wielding was more than enough to get the point across to any reader, no matter how young. But still, good job and keep at it!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I can't wait to see how this turns out! I loved this first installment of "Rise of the Snake Men"! I wonder if the comment He-Man makes, "Well then... I guess sometimes a little change is for the better", might be directed at some of the die-hard oldschool fans who can't stand the changes in the new MOTU?
    And that Eternian Daze backup was a riot! I wish it were longer. I love that kinda thing! You guys gotta do more of those!

Pennypunk
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Thanks guys! Like I said, I just want to help in the best way I can. I want it to be a success for MVC. But from what I hear, people don't seem happy with the artwork. I hear Emil didn't do it in this one. Oh well, I'm still buying like 10 copies. lol And Devin "Goat Man" really was a blessing. He can work coloring miracles in like no time.
    Last edited by Ghost of Vapor; October 15, 2003 at 10:57pm.

My feedback thread.

I keep rereading this comic, and every time I do I wonder the same thing. What are the chances of ever seeing a poster with all of the Snake Men on it? I don't mean like on the cover of issue one here, but clear, detailed pictures of them all! I would certainly buy that as soon as it's offered.

eyeballkid72
    i haven't read a comic book for about six years. i liked the illustrations, but the story dialog was, well, that of a comic book. i should have expected as much, but i had heard that this comic had a really good story. but hell, it's still worth three bucks.

Yesssssssssss, thissssssss wassssssssss an awesssssssssssome issue

Now all we need is for Val to pencil in King Hsss saying "I wasss onccce a man" right after Leanne has proofread it and ok'ed it for print in a future issue. Then it gets printed and hilarity ensues lol

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall

eyeballkid72
    i love he-man, but comic book illustrations ARE NOT ART. they are illustrations. i have a b.f.a. in 'ART"

Originally posted by eyeballkid72
    i love he-man, but comic book illustrations ARE NOT ART. they are illustrations. i have a b.f.a. in 'ART"
    Actually to many people comic books are art and are considered artwork by the comic book industry at large.

Brent

Well, be that as it may, I'll take illustration over anything else.

My feedback thread.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Ghost of Vapor! You ROCK BIG TIME! I just read your other He-Man's armpit comics! They are great!

Pennypunk
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Then here's your monocle and mortarboard, Professor!
    ----------

Heroic Warrior
    Originally posted by hijinio
    Personally, I thought it was a cop-out. No blame on Val, of course; I'm sure he had very little to work with.

Fantastic issue otherwise!

Hiji
    In regarding the appearence of the Snake Armor, I was a little surprised, but hey, isn't it better than the 1st New Adventures min-comic where He-Man's uniform changed without an explaination?

Anyways, great read. And that's all I got to say about that!

This was such a great issue. It's gotten me so excited about the Snake Men!! but i have a couple of questions. Why was this issue not numbered?? It's just titled Rise of the Snake Men. it's not vo. 3 issue 1 or anything. and, once this series is over, will the comic go back to the vol. 2 story line?? i'm curious to hear other's thoughts about this.

It does have a number for issue 1 in the top right, but not 1 out of 3 (which is what it is) as we might expect.