Thread: Your chance to get a piece of MOTU Original Artwork!!

Your chance to get a piece of MOTU Original Artwork!!

I am no longer taking commissions at this time.
    Sorry!

Thanks to those who got in a commission request!
    Commissions will be offered again when there is an opening in my schedule.

I am Emiliano Santalucia, the artist on the new Masters of the Universe comic book series from MVCreations.

For a limited time I will be available to produce commisioned artwork

Please help out some starving artists!
    Val has made us poor! Ah!!!

You can ask for any MOTU subject you want.
    This includes any characters/vehicle/creatures from any canon (classic, new) and from any line: MOTU POP and NA.

We also do MOTU characters vs non-MOTU characters.
    Or commissions of non MOTU characters.
    But keep in mind, we will ask you to provide detailed reference for these characters as these commissions are really about MOTU.

I typically confirm requests within 24 hours of when you e-mail me.
    But it's possible it may take me a couple days to get back to you, so please have mercy on me.

Rates are as follows in Euros:
    -one character, no background: €150.00
    -one character with background: €200.00
    -two characters, no background: €200.00
    -two character, with background: €250.00
    -three or more characters, with or without background: ask for price.

Art can be inked at an additional cost of:
    -one character, no background: €100.00
    -one character with background: €150.00
    -two characters, no background: €150.00
    -two character, with background: €200.00
    -three or more characters, with or without background: ask for price.

I send rough layouts of the commissions for you to view, in order to make sure you are comfortable with the direction of the piece.
    Once you approve a layout, there can be no more changes! So if you see something you don't like, let me know in the layout stage.
    You do not receive the rough layout sketches that are used in the creation of the commission.
    Sorry!

It will take a few days to a couple of weeks to organize the layouts to send out for approval.
    Once I receive approval on the layout from you, it will take a few days to a couple of weeks to complete the commission.
    I can complete a number of layouts in one day.
    And each commission takes at least a day to complete.
    Final completion time all depends on the number of commissions received.
    So please have patience if you get a commission, as it could take a couple weeks to over a month before the final design is done.

Shipping will be determined after the commission is done and I figure out shipping costs to your location.

I send out art to European buyers from here in Italy.
    I ship all art for US buyers to the MVCreations studio in Kentucky, where the art is split up and shipped seperately (this will definitely save US buyers money on shipping).
    Once all payments are received and confirmed, the commissions are sent out. So hopefully there won't be any buyers out there with slow coming payments!

***Notes from JVS3***
    If we don't know you and/or you don't have a good feedback rating on eBay, we may ask you to pay up front.

This is because of a non payment we received last time from user dukechute1 (James Nance). This is a user who asked for a very specific, detailed, and time consuming piece. Then he asked for many changes which he got. Then he gave excuse after excuse for a delayed payment. Then he disappeared and never paid at all.

We're sorry guys like that make things difficult for the rest of you, but Emiliano can't risk another loss like this.
    Thanks for understanding!

Once your total with shipping is determined, Emiliano will send you an e-mail to confirm.
    You can pay via PayPal to MVCreations:
    jvs3 @ he-man.org (remove the spaces; done that way to help cut down on spam)

or you can send a money order / cashier's check payment in US funds to:
    MVCreations
    ATTN: Commission
    PO Box 1870
    Richmond, KY 40476
    USA

Important: we reserve the right to use the artwork in any of our publications
    (meaning that your piece could appear in one of our books as a pin-up, be used as a poster, etc.)

Specifics about the artwork and its size:
    • pencils only or pencils and inks only (see above), black and white
    • MVCreations quality paper: measures are artboard 11" x17" while the actual art is in a 10.4" x 15.8" area

Emiliano might be able to do larger sizes in the future, but they will cost more because of the cost of material, time involved and extra shipping costs.
    But at this time he has to stick to these specifics, mostly for time constraints.
    Trust me, you'll be surprised at how big these are when you get them. Many who've received these commissions in the past have been very pleased at the size and detail of the piece.

Emiliano puts his heart and soul into your piece.
    You won't be disappointed!!!

So, let's start! We don't have lot of time before starting with the new issue so this is your best chance to get an original piece of MOTU art!

You can contact Emiliano at emiliano @ mastersunbound.com (remove the spaces; done that way to help cut down on spam)
    Thank you!

----------------------
    Because of other projects taking place at the same time, production will be slowed.
    Please excuse the delay, but we're also doing work on the side to help pay the bills. After all, art is our job. So many hours of the day goes towards our job.

It may takes us more than a couple days to get back to you after you send an e-mail. We apologize for the delay.
    If you don't hear back from Emiliano in a week after e-mailing me, please e-mail him again.

Because payment is due after the layout is approved, he won't send you your layout until he knows he can sit down and finish your commission soon after payment is received.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Emiliano; January 21, 2004 at 02:58am.