Thread: How would She have fit?

How would She have fit?

Okay...so we all know that She-Ra was likely going to be making an appearance in the New MOTU show if it had continued for another season. But would either Hordak or She-Ra have played a big role, in your opinion?

Realistically, this being a He-Man show with its own cast, do you think the writers would have simply worked them into the series in supporting roles, or had them go off to Etheria? Would the Great Rebellion or a version of it been used on Eternia?

I can't honestly see She-Ra playing a big role in the series, from my perspective. The show still needed to appeal to the boys, so as cool as I think it would have been to have Adora join the cast full-time as an Eternian, I just don't see how it would have been in the show's best interests. But it also would have been unnecessarily convoluted for them to introduce the whole Etheria angle and write out Hordak and She-Ra without them having a spin-off show.

So what do you think would have likely happened?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Okay...so we all know that She-Ra was likely going to be making an appearance in the New MOTU show if it had continued for another season. But would either Hordak or She-Ra have played a big role, in your opinion?

Realistically, this being a He-Man show with its own cast, do you think the writers would have simply worked them into the series in supporting roles, or had them go off to Etheria? Would the Great Rebellion or a version of it been used on Eternia?

I can't honestly see She-Ra playing a big role in the series, from my perspective. The show still needed to appeal to the boys, so as cool as I think it would have been to have Adora join the cast full-time as an Eternian, I just don't see how it would have been in the show's best interests. But it also would have been unnecessarily convoluted for them to introduce the whole Etheria angle and write out Hordak and She-Ra without them having a spin-off show.

So what do you think would have likely happened?
    MYP Hordak is too different for Adora to have been kidnapped by him, but maybe she could have been kidnapped by Prahvus that bad guy from "Out of the Past" who harassed the village of Pelleezeea.

I think that would be the best way to keep the story similar to the original POP movie plot line.

You know Season three was going to be all about the Horde.

Would Adora have been in there and thus She-Ra? I think it's totally possible.

Many fans have somewhat written in their minds how they see how She-Ra and Adora could've worked into the MYP story.

I too think it would've worked, but I also think you're right where she would've been a side character. Granted a significant side character in the ranks of MAA, Teela and the Sorceress, but He-Man would've still held the spotlight I think.

Now, would they have used that as some kind of device to create a spinoff? Who knows? But at this point, I find it a little mute to even speculate as time has passed and well... Frankly we didn't get to finish Season 2 or get a Season 3 thus we NEVER would've gotten to having She-Ra and her own series if that was a plan for re-introducing her to the world.

Me personally, I still think some of the old Fimation roots could've worked here. We know Keldor/Skeletor knew of and probably worshiped Hordak. It's highly possible that when Adam and Adora were born, Keldor the evil uncle could've kidnapped Adora and offered her to Hordak and sending her into the realm where Hordak has been all these years. Hordak could've raised a "Force Captain Adora" in his armies. And when he is unleashed into Eternia again, she's there helping lead his armies... You can imagine the rest easily enough I would guess. Perhaps the Masters vanquish the Horde and instead of being banished to some wierd dimension again, they take off in retreat to a weaker planet, let's say Etheria, a sister planet to Eternia. And there She-Ra makes the decision to go and help rescue that planet from the Evil Horde... I think it could've worked as a spinoff. But MYP He-Man just didn't have the wheels to get there.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Me personally, I still think some of the old Fimation roots could've worked here. We know Keldor/Skeletor knew of and probably worshiped Hordak. It's highly possible that when Adam and Adora were born, Keldor the evil uncle could've kidnapped Adora and offered her to Hordak and sending her into the realm where Hordak has been all these years. Hordak could've raised a "Force Captain Adora" in his armies. And when he is unleashed into Eternia again, she's there helping lead his armies... You can imagine the rest easily enough I would guess. Perhaps the Masters vanquish the Horde and instead of being banished to some wierd dimension again, they take off in retreat to a weaker planet, let's say Etheria, a sister planet to Eternia. And there She-Ra makes the decision to go and help rescue that planet from the Evil Horde... I think it could've worked as a spinoff. But MYP He-Man just didn't have the wheels to get there.
    Yeah, there are many possibilities. After seeing "The Price of Deceit" in which they show how Keldor became Skeletor (with Hordak's help), I really think we would have seen more flashbacks in future seasons that fill in events that transpired between Randor and Keldor's battle at the Hall of Wisdom, and the time when we see Adam and Teela jousting on those sky sled things in "The Beginning".

For instance, we know that the Sorceress and Man-At-Arms built the mystic wall after the battle at the Hall of Wisdom, but we don't know exactly how long after that battle this occurred. It could have been mere hours, or even a few weeks.

I think it's possible that under the comand of Hordak, Skeletor (possibly as part of the 'price' he had to pay), shortly after becoming Skeletor, went back and kidnapped Adora. His face could have been covered by his hood, so any Masters that saw him didn't know of his recent transformation (probably figuring that he was hiding his face because it was likely disfigured from the battle with Randor).

He may have taken her either to some kind of portal to send her straight to Hordak, or to some other locations where other Horde members could be located (more on this in a bit). Man-at-Arms, the Sorceress, and a few others might have gone to save Adora, but when she was taken to another dimension or whatever, they figured that the only way to save her now would be to find the dimension that she was sent to, which the Sorceress could try and do from Grayskull, so at that point they put up the mystic wall to protect the kingdom from evil (and probably most importantly to prevent any attempt to kidnap the other baby, Adam).

I suppose it is possible that Adora could have been sent to Dispondos where Hordak is located, however I don't like that idea mainly because if it was that easy to just open up a portal to Dispondos to send Adora there, then it should be equally easy to do the same to get Hordak out of there.

I figure that she was probably sent to some other world (one that's easier to access than Dispondos) where the Horde has some kind of presence (possibly Etheria, which would be cool, but it doesn't have to be Etheria specifically for this to work... though ideally the Horde's presence on whatever world this would be would be similar to their presence on Etheria in the Filmation show). It's likely that the Horde members there (which would likely include Shadow Weaver and Catra) have contact with Hordak via some kind of worshipping temple thing like Skeletor used on Eternia. Shadow Weaver could have been the one who took Adora from Skeletor all by the command of Hordak, and that's how this whole thing could have worked.

This would have also opened up many possibilites. Perhaps a full fledged spin-off of She-Ra wouldn't have happened. But, perhaps there could be a mini-series of episodes where He-Man and a few of the Masters go with She-Ra to Etheria and battle the Horde there (there by allowing the Rebellion and at least some of the more key/well-known POP characters to make an appearance) and free Etheria, if this was all happening on Etheria, of course. Then they could return to Eternia, with She-Ra as a constant on that show.

I don't think She-Ra as an ongoing presence would be a bad thing. It's no worse than Wonder Woman being on Justice League. Many things could happen.

Of course, at this point the series is over with no change of a return, so this is all kind of a moot point.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hmm. I think this was addressed in an interview with one of the guys that worked on the show, wasn't it?

When they talked about the Show, they said the Masters would be fighting the good fight against Hordak much like the ol' Rebellion, and that She-Ra would have been featured.

They said she wasn't going to be his sister tho... But some other relation. And I think there may have been talk about the future...

My memory isn't the best, but I think she would have been He-Man's daughter from the future, and either have guest-starred in a time-travel ep, or seen in a flash-forward ep, "what if the Horde will never be beaten?".

Altho I feel it's anathema to the character to be featured in such a way, it actually has some logic too it. It would certainly be easier to introduce her then, and this would explain why she has different powers than He-man.. Not just super-strength and invulnerability, but healing and telepathy too. Among other things.

Sounds a bit like a combo of He-man and the Sorceress powers, doesn't it?

I'll try to find the interview, because it could be that the half of this that isn't guess-work, is actually just a hallucination of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Hmm. I think this was addressed in an interview with one of the guys that worked on the show, wasn't it?

When they talked about the Show, they said the Masters would be fighting the good fight against Hordak much like the ol' Rebellion, and that She-Ra would have been featured.

They said she wasn't going to be his sister tho... But some other relation. And I think there may have been talk about the future...

My memory isn't the best, but I think she would have been He-Man's daughter from the future, and either have guest-starred in a time-travel ep, or seen in a flash-forward ep, "what if the Horde will never be beaten?".

Altho I feel it's anathema to the character to be featured in such a way, it actually has some logic too it. It would certainly be easier to introduce her then, and this would explain why she has different powers than He-man.. Not just super-strength and invulnerability, but healing and telepathy too. Among other things.

Sounds a bit like a combo of He-man and the Sorceress powers, doesn't it?

I'll try to find the interview, because it could be that the half of this that isn't guess-work, is actually just a hallucination of mine.
    She wasn't going to be his daughter from the future. I remember that rumor. That was something someone posted on here as something they supposedly heard, but if I recall correctly, they really didn't have much of a source to back it up and nothing ever surfaced to give that any kind of credibility.

There was later a Q&A with that Ian Ritcher guy (not sure if I spelled his name right), who also happens to be in the commentaries on the new 200X DVD set (I think this Q&A session is the one you are refering to), who said that they always planned on bringing her into the show, and that her origin would be similar to how it was on the old series (in fact, someone actually flat out asked him in that Q&A if there was any truth to the Daughter from the Future rumor, and he said that he had never heard about that, and if anyone would have known that, it would have been him). As I recall, he didn't get much more specific than that, so exactly how similar it would have been to the Filmation origins is unknown, but she still would have likely been Adam's sister and it would have been a lot closer to the Filmation origin than this 'Daughter from the future' rumor.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; March 27, 2008 at 01:09pm.

The search feature is your friend...

Question #58 debunks your theory a bit Pred. Just as Dynamo stated.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Actually I was just searching for all of that....

Here is the original thread about the rumor of She-Ra being from the future:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108773

And the link Baena just provided is to the Q&A session. See question # 58 specifically for the response on this issue.

Yeah, I've no idea where LFE or The Shadow was getting their info.
    Both could've been legit.
    LFE states plainly that his info was susceptible to change. That the She-Ra relation was just ideas being bounced around at the time. So who knows?

We can see now that LFE was right about the Fisto deal.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Cool to get that She-Ra thing cleared up. Too bad that the memory of the human mind is not always what it's cracked up to be...

Hmm, I wonder who Lord Fallen Eldor heard those old rumours from? Part of them actually appeared to be correct, namely the thing with Marlena being half-Gar.

Interesting stuff. Since I didn't really follow the show, I had no idea about these Q and A sessions and rumors and whatnot. Too bad his answer wasn't more detailed. I like what you've come up with, Baeana, and think it could have worked out like that.

But mostly, I feel very certain that She-Ra wouldn't have had her own series again. The new He-Man was struggling enough as it was to keep his own show aloft, after all.

So, how would they have to had weakened Adora's powers in the series to keep her as a supporting character? Or would she have been written off to Etheria, making return appearances every now and again?

It's sad. Putting aside my personal She-Ra fandom for a moment, I objectively feel that if the show had continued for a third season, there would have been some really interesting stories to tell.