Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Stand - Official Talkback [Merged]

GR81 says:

What can i say: Priceless.

One question came to me, when Kahn showed Lyn that Skeletor betrayed them, was that what really happened, since in council of evil part 2, skeletor only said that he sacrificed his evil warriors without a second tought and that them he liked, but he never said the h*** with them and let them remain captured for all he cares ....

So i am thinking that Kahn is using Lyn, and it was all a lie. I guess that is why there will be an episode where Skeletor will punishes Lyn.
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

A huge THANK YOU (and bear hug) to The Shadow for the pics and transformation download! I love it!
    Any chance of a few more choice downloads?

Scott

snakeface
    Originally posted by GR81
    GR81 says:

What can i say: Priceless.

One question came to me, when Kahn showed Lyn that Skeletor betrayed them, was that what really happened, since in council of evil part 2, skeletor only said that he sacrificed his evil warriors without a second tought and that them he liked, but he never said the h*** with them and let them remain captured for all he cares ....

So i am thinking that Kahn is using Lyn, and it was all a lie. I guess that is why there will be an episode where Skeletor will punishes Lyn.
    You are correct, the scene was altered a bit. KK is a snake after all. And it's only right, Evillyn did promise to give him anything in exchange for freeing them. Beyond that even though Skeletor didn't actually say, they could rot in prison for all he cares, he certainly made no attempt to free them. So in essence he really didn't give a rat's @$$ about his warriors.

Did anyone notice when Orko was searching for the power sword, the potted plant he threw to the ground was the exact same type that he turned Adam into in a flashback during Lessions

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Originally posted by snakeface
    You are correct, the scene was altered a bit. KK is a snake after all. And it's only right, Evillyn did promise to give him anything in exchange for freeing them. Beyond that even though Skeletor didn't actually say, they could rot in prison for all he cares, he certainly made no attempt to free them. So in essence he really didn't give a rat's @$$ about his warriors.
    GR81 says:

True, but when i saw it, i yelled "That is not what he said that lying ..."
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Something else I noticed the second time through, but I totally loved how Kahn was portrayed. When Evil-lyn renegged on her side of the agreement, his hood went up. No typical, "You'll pay for this trechery," or, "curses! I've been fooled." Kahn was going to take her out right there on the spot. Now that is cold, heartless and cruel. And I COMPLETELY loved it. Great characterization, and it speaks volumes for how the Snake Men will be portrayed in future episodes.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I soooo totally love this episode!

My favorite scene has to be Marzo and Evil-Lyn standing side by side attacking He-man! And I knew Skeletor just have to join them too!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

FalconPain
    Originally posted by PanMan
    it's also funny how MAA said after the battle that the next order of business was to go back to the palace and face randor . . . ummmmm. . . . did they forget about adam
    How could they forget about Adam when "no one there" knew that Adam was in the area? (Well, Cringer was there...)

Cheap nitpicking and comments:
    * Forget the Masters! Why didn't SKELETOR notice Adam? He knew Adam fell down the abyss. He-Man came flying from the same place. And then he tended to Cringer before the battle. Suspicious?

* Although it was noted that Stinkor's part was small, compare that to Trap Jaw and Two-Badd. They did even less! In fact, those three (four?) seemed downright left out of the three-parter.

* This three-parter brought back a lot of swords, didn't it? We hadn't seen Mer-Man's sword since the pilot. We hadn't seen Tri-Klops' sword since the pilot. Skeletor decided to use his twin swords on Duncan in the first part. And we got to see Marzo's sword again! If Randor hadn't taken that vacation, they would have used every sword in the series!

* Skeletor arrived at Grayskull on griffinback. Beastman flew in on one of those merchandisable planes, which can be seen repeatedly during his suckup scenes. By the time the fight scene starts, he's on griffinback. But Skeletor is still on his own griffin, and we see both griffins as they retreat.
    Okay, so maybe Beastman summoned a griffin. But we only see the silhouette of one griffin retreating. They must have a phantom griffin or something.
    (And I forgot to ask this last episode, but exactly how does Beastman summon and control animals? In Underworld, he puts his hand to his head and concentrates. In The Monster Within, he uses his whip. In Council of Evil 2, he roars a lot. It's more inconsistent than Evil-Lyn's spellcasting methods!)

* Chadaz, after two episodes of saying nothing, had a line this episode! And he wasn't credited! I don't know why I'm keeping a tab on Mark Acheson credits (maybe buildup to an Armada spoiler?), but it's noteworthy.

* Marzo had his amulet stolen from him. Then it was sent flying by He-Man rather than broken. And then Marzo was turned into an old man. Marzo is quickly becoming 2s list fodder. At least until the same thing happens a third time. (To be honest, much of the three episodes was 2s list fodder.)

* Speaking of lost artifacts, I wonder what The Faceless One will say now that he has no Ram Stone. And after Evil-Lyn worked so hard to return it. At least it was Marzo's fault this time, not hers.

Originally posted by FalconPain
    * Forget the Masters! Why didn't SKELETOR notice Adam? He knew Adam fell down the abyss. He-Man came flying from the same place. And then he tended to Cringer before the battle. Suspicious?

Also during the transformation sequence the lightning bolt went straight down to Adam infront of Skeletor and he saw it, and then moments later He-man pops up

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall

Stratos88
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but....

"It's not nice to take what rightfully belongs to others, but then like father like son." - Skeletor.

Is he referring to his face or maybe the throne was supposed to go to Keldor?

Oooh, very good point Stratos88. I'm guessing he's referring to the throne since Randor didn't "take" his face so much as cause Keldor to lose it.

They really packed a lot of information into the episode, didn't they?

Stratos88
    Originally posted by galmorzu
    Oooh, very good point Stratos88. I'm guessing he's referring to the throne since Randor didn't "take" his face so much as cause Keldor to lose it.

They really packed a lot of information into the episode, didn't they?
    I thought that but Skeletor said something like "You took my face now I take your life" in Underground....

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    We were having a party at my house. My sister got married yesterday. So I taped the episode and just now got done watching it.

Excelent conclusion to the 3 parter overall. The fight scene was fantastic. I did feel however that once the fight ended it kinda dragged on to the end. Though Marlena's speech was excelent. She finally gets sone lines and thier good ones at that!

Marzo's not gone for good He-Man only sent the amulaet flying once Marzo finds it agian he'll turn back to his normal self.

Evil Seed may stick around. Notice that when he left his pod surounded both him and Evil-Lyn. Then Lyn's back at Snake Mountain.

His line was correct, "Skeletor should have exterminated those weeds when he had the chance." See Evil Seed learned from his mistake back in Orko's Garden when he gave the Masters a sporting chance angainst his plant monsters instead on feeding them directly to them.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    He was talking about the throne, Stratos88...

After a miserable, disappointing 1st season, MYP is finally on track!!!

I've trashed all the episodes of season 1 (except Separation) - and rightfully so...

That is why I'm so pleased - if the first episode of season 2 is any indication of grooviness to come - for the turnaround!!

This cartoon saw major improvements:

One of the best highlights is the replacement of the indescribably lame season 1 transformation sequence with a BEAUTIFULLY EXECUTED new transformation from Adam to He-Man.

We now see He-Man (as has been mentioned before in this post) as THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!

Clawful's stupid voice was addressed - Evil-Lyn shut him up the way I've wanted him shut up since he first spoke in the 1st Season... They included that scene for me! They had to have!!

Beautiful!!

Equally beautiful was..... the departure of the 3 lame, lame giants. Hope they're gone for good. They never appealed to me. Extremely not so. Don't know why they bother me, but they do...

They left (for good?????PLEASE?????)! Beautiful!!

Music. THERE IS ACTUALLY MUSIC IN SEASON 2!!!!! Glad MYP put the "end theme" with Mossman's entrance. PLUS the new battle music in other places.... And I could actually HEAR IT!! I complained numerous times about Season 1 - I had to strain to hear music most of the time....

WONDERFUL!!!!!

I think I can actually tell people in public that I watch the new MOTU cartoon now!!!

Thanks and congrats to MYP!
    ne jabba no badda!

The Champion of Light
    Originally posted by joe-or
    He was talking about the throne, Stratos88...

After a miserable, disappointing 1st season, MYP is finally on track!!!

I've trashed all the episodes of season 1 (except Separation) - and rightfully so...

That is why I'm so pleased - if the first episode of season 2 is any indication of grooviness to come - for the turnaround!!

This cartoon saw major improvements:

One of the best highlights is the replacement of the indescribably lame season 1 transformation sequence with a BEAUTIFULLY EXECUTED new transformation from Adam to He-Man.

We now see He-Man (as has been mentioned before in this post) as THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!

Clawful's stupid voice was addressed - Evil-Lyn shut him up the way I've wanted him shut up since he first spoke in the 1st Season... They included that scene for me! They had to have!!

Beautiful!!

Equally beautiful was..... the departure of the 3 lame, lame giants. Hope they're gone for good. They never appealed to me. Extremely not so. Don't know why they bother me, but they do...

They left (for good?????PLEASE?????)! Beautiful!!

Music. THERE IS ACTUALLY MUSIC IN SEASON 2!!!!! Glad MYP put the "end theme" with Mossman's entrance. PLUS the new battle music in other places.... And I could actually HEAR IT!! I complained numerous times about Season 1 - I had to strain to hear music most of the time....

WONDERFUL!!!!!

I think I can actually tell people in public that I watch the new MOTU cartoon now!!!

Thanks and congrats to MYP!
    WOW! Are you serious... the only ep. of season 1 you like is "Separation." I didn't think it was that good... only the first half. It reminded me of Larry D.'s classic "City Beneath the Sea" it starts off really great and then just lame lame lame. But can I ask why "Separation" is your fav.? I'm awfully curious!

Heroic Warrior
    It just tickled my fancy, I guess. Just a good mini-comic-esque story. I think Two-Bad was handled well - and it is realistic that he would want to separate himself. Plus there is a whole Eternia-wide we're-all-going-to-be-destroyed angle. And the Hordak cameo was played off nicely.

Also, it was kind of reminiscent of the early GI JOE cartoon mini-series - collect the parts and save the world...

Plus there was nothing in it to irritate me like other episodes. There were PARTS of other season 1 episodes I loved.... but there would always be something in them that made me cringe.

Separation was (for me) cringe-free.
    ne jabba no badda!

Hands down, I would have to say this the best episode of the new series so far!

The action was incredible, well animated, better colors, much more devolped in the way of storytelling and giving hints of possible events to unfold. If they can keep this momentum and quality going, I see big things for He-Man in the future, including the toy sales as well. If people weren't too thrilled with the first season, this should definitely get them hooked now!

Can't wait for next week's episode

wow, what a supurb episode!!!! awesome fight scene in front of grayskull!!! when mossman and the masters showed up, i felt that excitment again as if i was a kid again! i was so happy to see zodak there to help the sorceress. the ending was awesome!! kahn showing evil-lyn the truth on how skeletor left his evil warriors to rot in prison!!! so evil-lyn going to be king hiss' right hand lady?!? man, i love the drama!!! i can't wait until next weeks episode!!!

THE SNAKEMEN WILL RISE VERY SOON!!!!
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

Not bad, not bad at all. The ending was actually my favorite part as Evil-Lyn is finally doing what we always expected her to do...betray ol' bonehead.

But I must admit I'm not sure why everyone was so fired up about the animation. Don't get me wrong...most of it was great...but there were pieces I was disappointed in, that could have been done better. But most of all I was disappointed that they started using a bunch of old animation over again like the original series did.

The highlight animation-wise for me? Definitely the new transformation sequence! That just kicked @$$!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

OneDisturbedS0B
    He-Man's new transformation sequence made my jaw drop, that's what I always pictured him to be like when he transforms. I especially love the part when his chest plate shapped on, and the end pose was awesome. It's a shame they'll be changing it when his new costume debuts...speaking of, does anyone know when we'll see it?

Stratos88
    Originally posted by OneDisturbedS0B
    ...speaking of, does anyone know when we'll see it?
    Rise of the Snakemen.

My only gripe about this episode comes from the loose ends that did not get tied up due to Adam and Teela, while they were in Snake Mountain, to me it seemed there was a greater emotional bond between them, and when they were seperated there was fear, from both of them for the others saftey. As seen by Teela later in the dungeon. And the next scene is He-Man and Teela close to each other at the end of the battle, Teela makes no mention of Adam at all, and then in the next scene when Adam and Teela are standing side by side, its like normal everyday same old same old, no how are you or anything.

I hope they build on this plot device in upcoming episodes atleast

Brent

Mantenna77
    WOW!!!! I've been waiting forever for that episode and it ruled!

But they didn't show Mer-Man fighting? He said some little line like "sounds like a good idea" but what the hell was he doing during the battle?

Loved the ending! I think everyone here should email Mike Young Productions for a bad ass episode!!!!

OneDisturbedS0B
    Originally posted by Stratos88
    Rise of the Snakemen.
    I meant in the show, I saw it in the comic...cool stuff

Originally posted by OneDisturbedS0B
    I meant in the show, I saw it in the comic...cool stuff
    Stratos88 is correct it will happen during the Rise of the Snake Men episodes In three short weeks

Brent