Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Stand - Official Talkback [Merged]

gotta go now boys, i'll discuss more later . . .
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Dark Vengeance
    Plus we actually got to see the politcial/diplmatic side of Marlena. Adam's "Go mom" was definetly a show of things to come for her.

Heroic Warrior Accident of Earth's Avatar
    Good episode, and planted the seed for the development later in the season.

What is with MAA/Randor's unoriginality starting their own council? They made it sound like such a new, awesome idea.

One question, where was Rattlor? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we see Khan and Rattlor at the end of CoE 2 flying into Grayskull with Evil Lyn? If that was the case, they mysteriously vanished with no explanation.

- AoE

Dark Vengeance
    Well remember when skeletor asked his evil warriors how they got free, Clawful said "Kobra..." then Evil Lyn shut him up. As for Rattlor yeah where was he? I do like the hidden features of Snake Mountain though...

Originally posted by goblin22
    Seems to me that MYP must have been listening to "the fans". There were a lot of improvements in this episode. The key one being the new transformation.
    I can't help but feel that my fellow chat room regulaz and I had a hand in that.

Scarlet Symbiote
    MYP improvements also included the fact that they used Marlena at the end of this episode. Finally showing us that she is wise and that she does have some part to play, even if it wasn't directly tied in to the plot. Maybe she'll get even more involved in future eps. Also, more Randor would be a plus as well. Damn, it's been so long since I've seen a new ep, I can't stop thinking about what I just watched.

The part where He-Man's battle was the main focus was wicked to say the least. When he saw Cringer unconscious you could tell he was p*ssed.

Heroic Warrior
    What I really like was that during the COE 2-parter, we all kept asking, "where's Zodak & Moss Man?" Our prayers were anwered. Man, that battle was nice. Great to be the first country (as far as I know) to witness the Season 2 premier.

Our Count Marzo on the boards here probably didn't like this episode with his namesake getting pasted and then blasted back into decrepitude

I liked how He-man grabbed Tri-klops' visor and pointed it to blast someone else, that was pretty cool.

The animation for this episode was stellar, I hope all this season's episodes are done this well.

My only complaints - and they are very very minor ones - are that

1) Mossman didn't say anything (and I don't remember Zodak saying anything either) despite the both of them playing instrumental roles

2) The freed Masters didn't really use their abilities at the end, they really just fired their guns. Not as cool as it could have been.
    "Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave."
    Lord Brougham 1778-1868

Dark Vengeance
    Bring on the snakemen.... Three weeks time

Dark Vengeance
    1) Mossman didn't say anything (and I don't remember Zodak saying anything either) despite the both of them playing instrumental roles
    Well I guess MYP listened to the fans in regards to Mossman, after all all you heard on this board shortly after the airing of Orko's Garden was complaints about his southern accent.

2) The freed Masters didn't really use their abilities at the end, they really just fired their guns. Not as cool as it could have been.
    Who cares really them riding in on Mossman's plant wave was a classic He-Man moment.

This hasn't been on in the states yet?

Is it going to air thier soon?

This is the first episode to actually give me butterflies since the first one.

As much as I hated the wait from CoE to this one, in hindsite it was a great place to split them up, and the anticipation made it just that much better.
    Disclaimer:
    All above statements reflect my own opinions or beliefs, if these opinions or beliefs conflict with your opinions or beliefs please feel free to ignore any and all statements posted above at your own discretion.

"It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!" – Andrew Jackson

Dark Vengeance
    Just one mistake I noted, IF Orko got the power sword howcome he didn't free the Masters, after all didn't it fall just next to the dungeon...

Originally posted by Scarlet Symbiote
    Damn, it's been so long since I've seen a new ep, I can't stop thinking about what I just watched.
    Tell me about it. Aside from the comics, it's been months since I really followed anything MOTU related (e.g. cartoon/toys)

Someone mentioned the Faceless One. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him. Surely he will play a big role in Evil Lyn's future, if not him seeking revenge against Marzo.

Speaking of Marzo, why did He-Man destroy the Ramstone, but not Marzo's amulet? He foolishly just flung it away with his sword. I'm sure He-Man will regret that decision.

One thing I guess we'll never get the answer to is how all the evil warriors escaped in the first place. Marzo, Evil Seed, etc were all caught last season, as was Trap Jaw in the Trust episode. Magically, they reappeared on Skeletor's side, WITHOUT the Snakemen's help.

- AoE

Originally posted by Dark Vengeance
    Well remember when skeletor asked his evil warriors how they got free, Clawful said "Kobra..." then Evil Lyn shut him up. As for Rattlor yeah where was he? I do like the hidden features of Snake Mountain though...
    Rattlor is probably chillin out somewhere - Kobra Khan is smaller and more slippery - if he alone was caught in Snake Mountain it's possible for him to try to weasel out of it - Rattlor is a hulking brute (though intelligent) he doesn't seem as sneaky as Khan - his Loyalty to hiss would make him a die before betrayal (even false betrayal) type guy.

Man I like how this ep is leading into future eps - making for a stronger arc! I hope it lasts all the way through.

that was so much fun. now THOSE were the kind of battle i had with my figs as a kid!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Originally posted by Accident of Earth

Speaking of Marzo, why did He-Man destroy the Ramstone, but not Marzo's amulet? He foolishly just flung it away with his sword. I'm sure He-Man will regret that decision.

- AoE
    I think the amulet is indestructable.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Dark Vengeance
    One thing I guess we'll never get the answer to is how all the evil warriors escaped in the first place. Marzo, Evil Seed, etc were all caught last season, as was Trap Jaw in the Trust episode. Magically, they reappeared on Skeletor's side, WITHOUT the Snakemen's help.
    Skeletor mentioned in passing that he got Marzo and freed Evilseed.

Because if he did that then Marzo won't appear on the cartoon again, and we all know of someone on these boards that would be really upset about that.

Originally posted by Dark Vengeance
    Well I guess MYP listened to the fans in regards to Mossman, after all all you heard on this board shortly after the airing of Orko's Garden was complaints about his southern accent.

Who cares really them riding in on Mossman's plant wave was a classic He-Man moment.
    I like his southern accent now, after I got used to it. It took me longer to like the new Orko's voice. I think it would be worse to make him a mute now, or change his voice altogether.

I agree, that was neat. But there was no ramming, no face-changing, no neck extension, no miniature tornados which would have made it more interesting.
    "Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave."
    Lord Brougham 1778-1868

What happened to the Sorceress???????????
    I love He-Man.org!!!

Originally posted by puddleduck
    I agree, that was neat. But there was no ramming, no face-changing, no neck extension, no miniature tornados which would have made it more interesting.
    That's because this attack wasn't about the individuals. It was about a collective revenge, with the Masters operating as one. In effect, that's what made it cool.

- AoE

Dark Vengeance
    Zodac saved her

Originally posted by Adora
    Rescued from falling by Zodak. Together they then erected a magical barrier surrounding Grayskull. The barrier was never penetrated and she was shown on the jawbridge near the end of the episode.
    Lord Brougham 1778-1868

Originally posted by Adora
    Snatched from the jaws of death by Zodak.

Did anybody else pick up on the vibe that there was some history there? The "ghost" pose as they were strengthening Grayskulls defences.

I got the impression that they have "made some magic" together before.
    Last edited by goblin22; October 18, 2003 at 12:31pm.
    Disclaimer:
    All above statements reflect my own opinions or beliefs, if these opinions or beliefs conflict with your opinions or beliefs please feel free to ignore any and all statements posted above at your own discretion.

"It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!" – Andrew Jackson

Originally posted by Accident of Earth
    That's because this attack wasn't about the individuals. It was about a collective revenge, with the Masters operating as one. In effect, that's what made it cool.

- AoE
    Collective revenge would have had them acting in concert. All they did was fire their weapons. Eternian guards could have done as much. But as I said, this was a minor complaint. This was one of the better episodes I've seen and not just because it was keenly awaited.
    Lord Brougham 1778-1868

Dark Vengeance
    I just hope that there is more where that came from. If this is a foreshadow of Season 2 then this season is going to rock.

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    Originally posted by goblin22
    This hasn't been on in the states yet?

Is it going to air thier soon?
    Yep, it'll air tonight on Cartoon Network.
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”