Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of the Past - Official Talkback [Merged]

Slackbot, im behind you 100%
    -BEAU

Greyskull's Army

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome ep. Looks like this may squash the King Hsss is Teela's father rumor.
    Between the world we see and the things we fear. There are doors; when they are opened; nightmares become reality.

The Champion of Light
    Originally posted by Maximus
    Sorry I asked...

I don't go to Toys R Us much.

Still, if something is in the toy line, chances are it will be used at least once in the series. I don't consider "Out of the Past" a commercial by a long shot.

- Maximus
    Yeah but in spite of the fact that it was a bit of a toy advert... it worked! And those warriors were cool looking! Plus, I loved Skellie's hover attachment.

Here's the Slime Pit:

The Champion of Light
    Originally posted by Slackbot
    Re why the Sorceress would let her "husband" walk out of her life so easily, leaving her with a child-to-be... it could be part of the destiny thing. We've seen that she's put a lot of effort and self-sacrifice into guiding Teela. The sorceress knows all about destiny; she's the one who gave Adam the sword, turning him into the hero he was meant to be. If she knew about a girl who was destined to become another great warrior (sorceress, whatever) and then realized that that girl was her child, then she might have dome what she did because it fit the prophecy.

So, let's say that the child was destined to be born of a noble warrior and a powerful sorceress, raised as a warrior, and would only learn of her true nature and destiny at the proper (and most dramatic) time, then she would of course want to hide her pregnancy, then remove herself from the child's life and give Teela to the one person she knows most closely and would trust with her child. Who does not remember that he is the father because his memory was interfered with by some Evil Force, or perhaps she even erased his memory herself when she realized she was expecting. That way the Sorceress could both fulfil destiny and remain distantly in contact with her daughter.

Yes, I know, this is all speculation, and I'm probably completely wrong. I'm just sayin' that it's not too difficult to resolve these issues.

Oh, and regarding their "marriage" - different cultures, different customs. They could have been married in a Pelisian ceremony. They could believe that a marriage is made not by a church ceremony but by two people promising themselves to each other. My rule of thumb is that if they consider themselves married by their own customs and beliefs, then that's good enough for me.
    That's a damn good speculation!

I'm about 50/50 between Fisto (new mythology, new roles) and MAA (Great story choice), but may I direct your eyes to the GREEN Pants, that about cancels out the bandaged arm as being indicitive of Fisto (at least in my mind)

Bandages right arm = Fisto
    Green pants = MAA
    Chinline = either
    Disclaimer:
    All above statements reflect my own opinions or beliefs, if these opinions or beliefs conflict with your opinions or beliefs please feel free to ignore any and all statements posted above at your own discretion.

"It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!" – Andrew Jackson

Man-3-Faces
    Great episode, with abit of a touchy subject.I thought they handled it well, and gave us somemore background!

heftysmurff

well if it is man at arms

why wouldn't his blood have worked for the transfusion in Ties That Bind?

Re: well if it is man at arms

Originally posted by heftysmurff
    why wouldn't his blood have worked for the transfusion in Ties That Bind?
    Well, if the Sorceress did cast a memory spell on MAA to make him forget, I dont think she would go and say that his blood could save her That would be bad

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

"The Sorceress really liked a lot of ass in that show"

Ah...hmm...rofl....you have some adult version of this we others dont? hehe

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Loved the episode...I would be sorely disappointed that Teela's dad is Fisto.

No offense to Fisto fans, but Teela's dad has to be someone a lot more important than Fisto.

Someone mentioned Val's comment about Teela...it was about Teela and not her father...or at least thats what I got from his meaning.

But please, don't be Fisto. Dean has gotten my vote for the second best writer, but if he pulls off the Fisto plot, I will be upset.

That's just my opinion though

My favorite episode ever. I loved the Slime Pit!

I also think MAA is the father. the chin matches up, the eyebrows match up. I think that with his amnesia, like someone said about their friend here who had amnesia, he forgot about that time. Also, I think the reason that she never told him 1.) because she has responsibilities as the Sorceress. 2.) Because if she were to tell him that he's her husband, he might feel obligated to be with her, whether he can remember that they were in love or not. I think he's the dad, and I couldn't be happier. It's not Fisto!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Court Magician
    why do people say Fisto isn't important enough?
    was Zodak important until he was "reborn" in this new Masters of the universe cartoon?

fisto would be important, for he would be teela's father..
    and if he joins the masters, like we all think
    he would have to learn to deal with working along side her and not revealing the secret, and perhaps maybe him and man at arms wouldnt be too happy with eachother being there..but they will have to learn to work together also

HordeGirl
    Must be a top-notch episode! Can't wait to see it! Great pics!

And finally my prayers were answered, Teela wears her hair open (hopefully the following eps as well!).
    Last edited by HordeGirl; November 2, 2003 at 04:26pm.

Originally posted by goblin22

I'm about 50/50 between Fisto (new mythology, new roles) and MAA (Great story choice), but may I direct your eyes to the GREEN Pants, that about cancels out the bandaged arm as being indicitive of Fisto (at least in my mind)

Bandages right arm = Fisto
    Green pants = MAA
    Chinline = either
    all eternian soldiers wear the MAA type uniform (except for the palace guards).
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Just a City Boy, Born... He-Ant's Avatar
    My [bleep] cable went off, and I missed it! I'll now have to wait another week.
    He-Ant... the Most Powerful Skeletor Fan in the Universe

Lord Skeletor
    Warning!

There are people here that need to calm down, watch the language and no more talk about harming anyone from MYP.

Silent Master Jerico the warrior's Avatar
    Think she had maternity clothes?

If I advance, follow me.
    If I stop, urge me forward.
    If I retreat, kill me.

speaking from atop a pile of fatally wounded warriors

There are three things I wanna say right now:

1) Teela looks far better with her hair open instead of that ponytail.

2) No matter if the Sorceress' husband is Duncan or Fisto, that's some damn lucky fella!

3) I wish I was the Sorceress' skirt! Hubba hubba!

Okay, not to be filthy or anything, but the Sorceress' boobs look A LOT bigger in the "pregnant picture" than in the one with her sitting next to her husband.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Originally posted by Tallstar
    Okay, not to be filthy or anything, but the Sorceress' boobs look A LOT bigger in the "pregnant picture" than in the one with her sitting next to her husband.
    That is because they get bigger when a woman is with child.

Originally posted by Sir Reilly
    Indeed

If I advance, follow me.
    If I retreat, kill me.

Originally posted by Tallstar

Originally posted by Sir Reilly
    Indeed

If I advance, follow me.
    If I retreat, kill me.

Originally posted by Jerico the warrior
    I know that. I'm just amazed that they're still huge after all these years.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Here is something for everybody to think about,

How do we even know if Teela's father will EVER be revealed? Has it been confirmed by MYP that their is a future episode that will tells us who he is? Of course not. All of this talk about who her father is could all be for nothing. My advice to everyone who is worried about all of this is to relax and enjoy the episode for how good it was and much we learned about the Sorceress and Teela.

Originally posted by skrapps
    why do people say Fisto isn't important enough?
    was Zodak important until he was "reborn" in this new Masters of the universe cartoon?

fisto would be important, for he would be teela's father..
    and if he joins the masters, like we all think
    he would have to learn to deal with working along side her and not revealing the secret, and perhaps maybe him and man at arms wouldnt be too happy with eachother being there..but they will have to learn to work together also
    Well, you have a valid point skrapps.

I love the toy, but I just never dug his design very much. I guess with the Sorceress being special, I wanted the father of Teela to be within the main characters of MOTU, like Man-At-Arms, though I really don't like the new MAA because he has a bit of an attitude.

I'd be inclined to have MAA be Teela's real father since he brought her up, and it would be great to see both Teela and MAA's reaction when and if they ever find out.

If it's Fisto, even if I don't agree with it, I still have to live by their storyline. But who knows, Dean may make me a fan of Fisto.

Originally posted by Bonehead
    Here is something for everybody to think about,

How do we even know if Teela's father will EVER be revealed? Has it been confirmed by MYP that their is a future episode that will tells us who he is? Of course not. All of this talk about who her father is could all be for nothing. My advice to everyone who is worried about all of this is to relax and enjoy the episode for how good it was and much we learned about the Sorceress and Teela.

AGREED!