Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of the Past - Official Talkback [Merged]

Dark Vengeance
    BTW i felt this was an excellent episode. Next week (unless YTV messes it up) The Snakemen!!!!

Originally posted by Skeletors_R_Evil
    Just to fuel the fire for the MAA/fisto debate a little more, isn't it possible that MAA and the Sorcess did get together but it's just that he no longer recognizes her as the woman he fell in love with? I mean he was looking awfully hard at that picture at the end of the story and that little extra emphasis on "adoptive daughter," seems to show that he's got something intense on his mind.
    Yeah. it is strange. I was certain it was fisto when I saw the injury to his hand/arm but the way the ep ended and the fact that the soldiers face was never seen - makes me think it could be MAA.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Dark Vengeance
    Actually just an idea, I think the wounded soldier let out a grunt or two, so that means their was voice work. Did anyone record the episode if they did check the closing credits, and see if any unusual character names, like Fisto appears. Shadow maybe you can do this when you post after seeing the episode later tonight.

Spoiler (as much as I can remember)

The episode begins with a battle between Skeletor and He-man. Swords clash, He-man is tossed into a cliff face, Skeletor has a boulder thrown into him. Skeletor escapes on his chariot. His plan was evidently to intercept one of the delegations to the Eternian Council (the one from the frozen north - same as in "Trust"). Teela and Sy-clone are shown on sky sleds returning to Eternia (I think) when Teela suddenly gets a vision of a village somewhere near where they are flying. She tells Sy-clone she will meet him later and goes to investigate. She finds the village of her vision and stops paying attention to where she is flying and crashes he sky-sled and is knocked unconscious.

Meanwhile Skeletor has decided to increase his dominion by conquering some towns and villages. To that end, he creates some skeleton warriors and dumps them in the slime pit. They emerge as skeletons covered in green jell-o.

Teela wakes up inside one of the village huts and is met by Odiphus-looking creatures. They welcome her "back".

The Sorceress summons MAA to Grayskull. She recounts the story of what she did 17 years before. After Skeletor had been banished to the dark hemisphere she grew lonely in Grayskull and, knowing the power of Grayskull to be safe, decided to go and see the people of Eternia. She came to Odiphus' village, not as the Sorceress but as a young woman (dead ringer for Teela) and was welcomed there. The village was threatened by an evil warlord and betrayed by Odiphus. The Sorceress summoned her powers (though looking the same) and defeated him (in fact it looks like she took off his hand and forearm). The Sorceress was revered, Odiphus was punished. The villagers made a relief carving on a wall showing the Sorceress (this was shown to Teela who acknowledged the resemblance but denied being the person represented because it was one year older than she was.) The villagers bring a wounded warrior to the Sorceress, she nurses him back to health, they fall in love (he is shown bandaged). The Sorceress asks MAA to find Teela before she can find out anything. MAA summons He-man.

Teela tries to leave the village on her sky-sled but it won't work because the villagers have removed some parts to prevent her from leaving. They obviously think she is the Sorceress.

Odiphus suggests his village as a good place for Skeletor to begin his conquests. Skeletor attacks the village. Teela defends the village from the Jell-o warriors but they are difficult to defeat being pliable and sticky. Teela gets stuck to a hut by a gob of Jell-o stuck to her hair. He-man's sword flutters through the air and cuts Teela's hair, thus freeing her. He-man joins her. Teela removes the rest of her bangles etc. from her now shorter hair. Her top had somehow become ripped displaying her midriff. She now looks a lot like the Sorceress as she appeared in the village. MAA has shown up, the three of them figure out that cooked Jell-o becomes brittle and smashable; the Jell-o warriors are flamed and smashed.

MAA is shown before the village wall with the representation of the Sorceress. She appears as a vision before the wall. MAA asks what happened to the Sorceress' husband. She says he left one day, perhaps after regaining his memory and deciding to rejoin his comrades. But he left her "with a gift", Teela, MAA's daughter. "My adopted daughter" he corrects the Sorceress.

That's about what happened. I just threw this together from memory. Feel free to correct inaccuracies.
    "Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave."
    Lord Brougham 1778-1868

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    Hmmm, I wouldn't be suprised if Fisto/Battle Fist is indeed Teela's biological father. I so see some resemblance between the two...

As for the episode itself, ehhh... I'm not a Teela fan, but I'll watch this anyways when it comes on over here in a few hours. '_'
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

Very cool! So MAA really is Teela's father!

Now really, if kids dont want a Sorceress figure after seeing that episode, then they really do have something wrong with them!!!
    I am fire made flesh, power incarnate, I am.... THE DARK PHOENIX!!!

The fire of the Phoenix burns through lies, you understand? The gaze of the Phoenix is like an x-ray tearing through every self-deception. So burn, Emma.
    Jean Grey, New X-men 139

Heroic Warrior Accident of Earth's Avatar
    I just finished watching the Pacific broadcast. I must say I was impressed with the episode. A lot of things added up to help it stand apart from the rest, making it one of the better MOTU episodes to date.

Examples: the Snake Pit and warriors appeared, but it was unexpected (unlike To Walk with Dragons) and didn't come off as a forced toy ad. Also, it built off the previous appearance of the bone warriors.

I'm 95% confident they were planting the seed for Fisto as Teela's dad. The warrior wasn't "Fisto" at the time, but he will/did become him at some point. Notice the RIGHT arm was the one injured; Man At Arms wears his gun on his LEFT. The Fisto/Battle Fist toy uses the RIGHT. Pretty obvious to me. Nice that they still left a bit of a mystery after one episode though.

More potential villains were introduced, but again, not crammed down our throat. I'm not sure if they appeared in the original, but a nice homage if they did.

It was cool that the story was told from both the Sorceress's and Teela's perspectives. I was anxiously watching for little hints that Teela might have discovered her destiny. Her hair getting chopped off and Man At Arm's comment were nice touches.

Nice to see Battle Cat back in action this week too. Not to mention another He-Man/Skeletor showdown coming off of the council storyline.

As I said, lots of little things added up to make it special; I've probably forgotten to mention some of them... I suppose Stinkor's race being introduced is yet another example.

9/10

- AoE

Invisible Zombie
    I like this episode... Sorceress rules but the romantic thing is kinda chessy. Now i hope we can get slime pit in canada.

I can't wait to see Teela's new hair! That's going to be the most exciting part of the episode for me.

How much shorter is it?
    Last edited by Tallstar; November 1, 2003 at 03:48pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Scarlet Symbiote
    No complaints on this episode. My guess, as it seems rather obvious, is that MAA and the Sorceress got it on 17 years ago and teela really is MAA daughter. So that means the sorceress longs for Duncan to hold her again but cannot give in to temptation because her duty to Grayskull is far too important....

Wait a minute...Too important for 5 minutes of action?!?

Heroic Warrior Accident of Earth's Avatar
    Originally posted by Tallstar
    I can't wait to see Teela's new hair! That's going to be the most exciting part of the episode for me.

How much shorter is it?
    You'll be disappointed, as it isn't really any shorter. The purpose of it being cut was to cut off the tail end so it flowed freely in the wind, thus resembling the Sorceress earlier in the episode.

- AoE

Wow!!! What an awesome ep!!! It's definitely in my top three, with "Mekaneck's Lament" and "Sky War".

I loved the whole pre-He-Man backstory and the whole flashback thing. The mythology is what makes MOTU so great. There was so much character driven stuff. Just great.

I hope the battle damaged looking Teela becomes a fig. Same with the Sorceress' "human" look.

But does anyone else think there should be less one-on-one physical battles between Skelly and He-Man? They just seem to be getting devalued.

Great ep. The Yankees should like it.
    Last edited by dusmilPM; November 1, 2003 at 04:58pm.
    [I been meaning to call you.]

I think this post is missing pictures , what do you all think of that ???
    Everyone agree , so LET'S PUT PICTURES !!!!!
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

heftysmurff

hmmm..who was the warlord?

She came to Odiphus' village, not as the Sorceress but as a young woman (dead ringer for Teela) and was welcomed there. The village was threatened by an evil warlord and betrayed by Odiphus. The Sorceress summoned her powers (though looking the same) and defeated him (in fact it looks like she took off his hand and forearm).

Maybe that warlord was another famous oldschool character lets see hordak has a bionic arm, then there is jitsu, and strong arm and spikor. All have no hands or forearms to speak of. None have shown up in the new show except for a small cameo by Hordak. 17 years ago hmmm....

interesting

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    Originally posted by musclor.fr.st
    I think this post is missing pictures , what do you all think of that ???
    Everyone agree , so LET'S PUT PICTURES !!!!!
    Hold your horses for the Merkin talkback, as the Canadian talkbacks don't have pictures.
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

HordeGirl
    Thanks for the spoilers, ... you guys feel for the foreign fans. Sounds pretty interesting, I think I will like it.

Re: hmmm..who was the warlord?

Originally posted by heftysmurff
    The Sorceress summoned her powers (though looking the same) and defeated him (in fact it looks like she took off his hand and forearm).

Maybe that warlord was another famous oldschool character lets see hordak has a bionic arm, then there is jitsu, and strong arm and spikor. All have no hands or forearms to speak of. None have shown up in the new show except for a small cameo by Hordak. 17 years ago hmmm....

interesting
    It could have been just his gauntlet that got ripped off. The Sorceress was holding something hand-and-arm-like while they were fleeing. She then burnt it to cinders.

For someone who had only a fraction of the power of Grayskull to work with, she really kicked ass.
    "Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave."
    Lord Brougham 1778-1868

Mondo Gecko
    I didn't like it to much thought it was kinda boring but oh well looks like most everyone else enjoyed it so that's good.

I miss Moss Man and really want him to return i've been missing him since Last Stand. I would love it if Moss Man was in every episode. I do love Syclone being in most of them as he is anoather favourite of mine.

How come Two-Bad has barely appeared at all, i've seen Stinkor since his mutation but no Two-Bad. Not bthat i miss him just noting i hadn't seen him. Miss Mer Man though you can never have enough of him.

Hey Horde girl do you know when the new season will be aired on RTL2 ???
    I can watch that channel (i live in France) and i already watched all the episodes of the 1st season.Can't wait to watch season #2 !!!
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

sorry for not replying earlier . . . but man this ep was fantastic!!!

i loved all the history and we got a good insight into who the sorceress is. i liked how she actually left greyskull, showing that she is human. there is also proof that she is able to become human outside greyskull.

i'm also wondering who that other warlord was. doesn't seem familiar.

and i think fisto is her father. like you guys said, his face and right arm were bandaged up. and i think how MAA said "adopted daughter" at the end was kinda weird. when i heard him say that, i said out loud "and you just figured that out now "

it would be interesting if maa does turn out to be her father, but now i think it's fisto (also because of the red hair).
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Nighthawk
    I missed last week, so very excited to see this week.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Hilary Duff commercial

Almost time!!!!!!!

Woo!

Ok yes I know this has to be better than last week

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Originally posted by TheShadow
    Hilary Duff

Hilary Duff

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Let's get this show on the road!!

Its on Its On

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....