Thread: Week 14: 12/10/03 - "Wild Child" OCERT!

The Champion of Light

Week 14: 12/10/03 - "Wild Child" OCERT!

I thought Gateway to Trouble would've gotten a bit more love... I guess fans aren't into it as much as I thought. I love it though and this weeks pick is another one of those okay but could've been better episodes...

Episode 64 - Wild Child

It's always a gamble when Don Heckman writes an episode... especially when it boils down to a lost princess, a volcano and no damn villains. That's right...this one is VILLAIN FREE... and it goes a little something like this: "Plants in the Whispering Woods are strangely decaying by the minute and angry woodsmen immediately blame a sudden intrusion of a pack of wild wolves and their pack-leader, the wild child Princess Allegra of the Green Island Kingdoms, for their troubles. As the plot twists and turns, the crisis must be resolved, as must the issue of returning Allegra to her home..." Thanks to Alex/Scorpia...

Probably the only thing I like about this one is Mermista...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Champion of Light; December 10, 2003 at 08:25pm.

The Champion of Light

Last edited by The Champion of Light; December 10, 2003 at 08:20pm.

The Champion of Light

The Champion of Light
    That darn volcano...

Last edited by The Champion of Light; December 10, 2003 at 08:26pm.

The Champion of Light
    ...hmmm...

i feel that this ep is probably one of the eps that make u say eh
    and hope that the 20 min ends soon enough
    i give this ep a 1
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

The Champion of Light
    Originally posted by Mikey
    This episode reminds me (and must have been the inspiration for) the Hercules: The Legandary Journeys episode Sky High where Hercules (Kevin Sorbo) and the Amazon Ephiny (Danielle Cormack) teamed up with a group of villagers to stop a volcano from exploding with exploding crystals. There was no real villain in this episode, unless you count the repentant criminal Kurth who sacrificed himself to save the others and repent for having accidentally killed the Centaur Negus' son in a drunken brawl. The thugs that attack them along the way are easily dispatched by Ephiny (the real saviour of this episode I must admit) with a marvellous fight scene naturally won by our beloved Amazon Regent Queen, so the thugs' threat is removed fairly early. The volcano as a natural disaster is the real threat, and like Wild Child, could have been a disappointing and dull story if not for the complex characterisations between most of the characters, and the marvellous Hercules/Ephiny banter. After seeing this episode, I re-watched Wild Child and have my new-found appreciation for its refreshing story idea and characterisations between Adora and the villagers, Adora and Allegra, the villagers and Allegra, Allegra and her father, and Allegra and her wolf sister. Like Ephiny, Mermista was a welcome sight and livened up a potentially uninteresting story, despite being used to a lesser degree.
    OMG... I've always loved that one. I love Ephiny!

The Champion of Light

la

la

The Champion of Light

la

la

The Champion of Light

ler

la