Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Price of Deceit - Official Talkback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I noticed that in the flashback Beast Man was not wearing his medallion. Does anyone know whether or not he had it on in "The Beginning"?

Co-Lec-Tor
    Originally posted by Seahawk
    Nope. I think it makes perfect sense. Do you honestly think Hordak would care that Keldor would become disfigured? No. Hordak would want some sort of payment.
    ::shakes head:: Dude, I'm sorry, I'm just not buying into the whole "When I say you are aware of the price" equals "Bring me babies" as payment. You are right about Hordak not caring about Keldor becoming freaky lookin', but I don't think he asked that to Keldor because he was concerned or anything. I think it was more like:

"Dude..okay...I can save your butt, but there might be a little side-effect involved, are you okay with me doing this still?......oh, you don't care what the side effects are? Okay, fine here we go then..."

To answer your original question, "Do you honestly think Hordak would care that Keldor become disfigured?", I'll have to agree with you in that "No, Hordak would not give a rat's butt about Keldor's looks". I agree with you that he'd want something in return, but I don't know if he said in that episode that he wanted one of Randor's kids.

Originally posted by Seahawk
    Sure Keldor being transformed into a floating skull for a head is a sacrifice Keldor had to make to be saved, but again, Hordak would want something in return, that's the way evil people work, in order to get something done you have to do something.
    Yeah, okay, but dude Hordak might not have been asking him about the whole baby-snatching thing at that time. I know he's an evil, bad mama-jama, but I honestly don't think we have enough to go on yet to start saying "She-Ra's coming back! She-Ra's coming back! YAAYAYAYAYAA!!! " or anything.

Hey, we could both be totally off on this one, maybe Hordak wanted to get with Evil-Lyn or something as the "price" for fixin' Keldor..::shrugs:: We won't know until someone comes flat out & says it though.

~Co-Lec-Tor

Originally posted by TheShadow
    Keldor

wow, i really look like keldor with my goatee...
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Hordak turned Keldor into Skeletor

I LOVED THIS EP!!!!!!!!!!

This was by far, one of the BEST episodes yet.

1)I like how we got more background info on the history of Lyn and Keldor.

2)We see and hear Hordak + see how Hordak and Keldor are connected.

3)We even get to see some of the Snakemen.

I love it!!!! We got to see a little of ALL the bad guys.
    "Proud owner of both Keldor and She-Ra thanks to He-Man.Org"

Come on Mattel, bring back He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Adora, She-Ra, and The Evil Horde!!!!!!!!

Blade's MOTU Figure Need List:
    Snake Armor He-Man x3
    Talon Strike Stratos x2
    Trap-N-Smash Orko x4
    Evil-Lyn x1

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO MOTU AND DON'T LET MOTU DIE!!!!!!!!

This was a great episode. And I love the direction the Hordak and Keldor connection can go. Hordaks voice was awesome.

Bring on the HORDE!!!!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Very, very nice. I caught Hordak's face carved into the walls, and freaked out! So much so that I missed most of what he said!!! (Luckilly, I taped it.)

That episode was fantastic. Nice to see the Faceless One is still out there, too. But getting Hordak was just....wow.!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Maximus
    A lot of people are wondering about Skeletor's Havok Staff, and whether he was a wizard as Keldor or whether he was given his powers when he became Skeletor.

Answer:

According to the comic "Icons of Evin: Beastman", Keldor had the Staff early in his career when he recruited Beastman, which happened before he recruited Evil-lyn (as we saw) and before Tri-Klops as well. If you'll read that issue, you'll see that Keldor was also QUITE a powerful wizard at the time, even when he didn't have the Staff in hand.

So there you go.

- Maximus

Hordak rocks..Hordak rocks..sing it with me..Hordak rocks!

Vegor-Friend of Animals jakobinsane's Avatar
    Well there is not much that I can say that has not been said already but WOW!!!. That was a fun episode. Hordak, the birth of Skeletor, Evil Lyns past, more of Keldor, Evil lyns white hair, what a great 30 minutes.
    Erie Americana Punk Rock
    http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...20050215140632
    Saving lives everyday!!
    http://www.veganoutreach.org and http://www.peta.com

H.E.A.L. Human Earth and Animal Liberation

RichardX1
    Okay, Co-Lec-Tor, I agree. When Hordak said, "There will be a price," he meant, "You ain't gonna be pretty no more!" However, I think DiTillio did an excellent job of setting up a possible lead-in for Adora's kidnapping if Mattel decides to bring back She-Ra.

"I saved your life, Skeletor. You owe me."

(Actually, I wanted to phrase Hordak's potential demand in a more "hip-hop", or "gangsta" fashion, but I figured the mods would disallow )

Denyer
    Originally posted by VitaniCat
    *delurks* Been quietly hiding a bit too much, I think....
    Now there's a face I wasn't expecting...

The entire ep sounds great. Roll on R2 DVDs...

Anyone know what other projects Larry is working on at the mo?

Chee-teela
    Sometime ago, I read in these forums about He-Man's character being less developed than the other Masters and evil villains. I have to admit after watching this episode, that feeling comes even stronger... He-Man does seem only to have perfunctionary ability of fighting battles... we've seen many other character developments in Teela, MAA, Sorceress, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn etc. Now that newer villains are introduced, He-Man is relegated to the background even more.

I like the way the current season is going. Good storylines(apart from the rushed ROTSM 2) and great mix of action and development. I particularly enjoyed the way Evil-Lyn fought her fellow villains like Tri-Clops, Beast-Man and Kronis in this ep... she's showing who's da boss! Well... apart from ol' Skelly of cos.

If Keldor was able to summon Hordak's help back then, does it mean that Hordak had not been trapped yet? I'm a lil confused here. I like his cameo though, as well as the Faceless One's. (Another trapped person!)

BIG DADDY SINISTER
    Originally posted by Chee-teela
    If Keldor was able to summon Hordak's help back then, does it mean that Hordak had not been trapped yet?
    Not necessarily: myths, fairy tales and other fantasy folklore depict many beings who summon beings based in other dimensions (like genies); if the being called upon is powerful enough, they can transmit their mystic potency through the dimensions to where it is needed, even if they themselves are unable to travel.

Denyer
    I've always regarded He-Man (like Superman) as essentially without character. It's the supporting cast who have motives, doubts, dreams and whatever... He-Man's just a symbol. Although portraying Adam as younger this time allows an element of characterisation...

Colin Murdock voiced Hordak
    They've changed voice actors for him.

good

in Seperation his laugher sounded to much like Count Marzo for my liking, no disrespect to Mike Donovan though

Co-Lec-Tor
    Originally posted by RichardX1
    Okay, Co-Lec-Tor, I agree. When Hordak said, "There will be a price," he meant, "You ain't gonna be pretty no more!" However, I think DiTillio did an excellent job of setting up a possible lead-in for Adora's kidnap**ng if Mattel decides to bring back She-Ra.

"I saved your life, Skeletor. You owe me."
    ::nods:: Oh yeah, I could see that "You owe me." type of thing coming into play. Or maybe Skeletor/Keldor would just want revenge on Randor & kidnapped 1 of his kids. ::thinks:: Wait a second...if he were to kidnap one of Randor's kids, he would have already become skeletor, but Randor saw Skeletor for the first time in one of the parts to the first e**sodes. ::scratches head:: Hmm...I dunno how She-Ra would even come into play then, & if she did I doubt they'd give her a show all to herself (especially since MotU isn't doing super-good itself you know?).

Originally posted by RichardX1
    (Actually, I wanted to phrase Hordak's potential demand in a more "hip-hop", or "gangsta" fashion, but I figured the mods would disallow )

That would have worked, but the way you did choose got the point across perfectly.

~Co-Lec-Tor

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Originally posted by Megatron
    They've changed voice actors for him.

good

in Seperation his laugher sounded to much like Count Marzo for my liking, no disrespect to Mike Donovan though
    I was praying to the MOTU Gods that they did not keep Michael Donovan for Hordak. Thank goodness he out outted from that voice.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

RichardX1
    I was praying to the MOTU Gods that they did not keep Michael Donovan for Hordak. Thank goodness he out outted from that voice.
    I guess Simon Templeman was too much to ask for

HordeGirl
    Now I've seen it as well..coolest episode ever! I looooved the flashbacks and the story of young Lyn and Keldor.
    And I think the white hair becomes her.

i just finally got to see this episode thismorning. i was very pleased with it. can't wait to see more hordak.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

KOLOBOS REXX

Crap in a Hat!!

This ep blew me away! I would have written sooner, but I've just returned from 4 days in the hospital... This show definately is the best ep so far. The origins of Evil-Lyn, her obvious initial attraction to Keldor, the inclusion of Hordak in his origins as Skeletor... All just brilliant! And with the sub-plot of the still-existing King Hsss threat as well! When Hordak is finally unleashed, it's going to be huge, because he's obviously not the cranky dictator/minion of the old POP show. This Hordak is a probably demonic being of significant power, who stripped Keldor of his very humanity in order to "save" him... There are plenty more ramifications as well. who's to say that Hordak didn't change Keldor with the intent that he'd be an unkowing tool, eventually used to set Hordak free once more? As far as Keldor and his own powers, the show and comics clearly show that he was a warrior who had acquired and was aquiring mystic power through alchemy, talismans, ect. Hordak probably taught him certain things, but in the long run forever altered Keldor into a supernatural creature of evil. Notice how his body changes as well as his armor? I find this fascinating, as it makes Skeletor once again a "demonic being" as in the old minis and DC comics, beyond just a vengeful being who had his face burned off. All that's left to explore now is Keldor's connection to Randor, which I guarentee is far more personal than mere disfigurement. Also, based on what this season's synopsises indicate, the end of the season leads towards Evil-Lyn doing something at the Well of Darkness, something "Catostrophic"... makes a person wonder...

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    HORDAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This episode ruled. Period. When are they going to replace that moron Dean Stefan with Larry D for head writer of the show?

By the way, remember the old minicomic origin that Skeletor is a demon resulting from the fusion of Keldor and an evil spirit? That's what happened here. Hordak made Scare-Glow, not Skeletor.
    And on that note, I'm leaving before all chaos breaks loose on theories.

By the way, doesn't Larry D usually come on here after a few days? I wonder what's keeping the Master of Writing...

So says the Sword.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Originally posted by Sword-of-Grayskull

By the way, remember the old minicomic origin that Skeletor is a demon resulting from the fusion of Keldor and an evil spirit? That's what happened here. Hordak made Scare-Glow, not Skeletor.
    Which comic is this?

RichardX1

You wanna know what Hordak's price was?

Keldor's shoes!

Skeletor 4 Life
    Hmm I liked what little I saw the only characters I like are Skeletor and Lyn. Hordak seems pretty cool, don't care much for Hiss but his action figure would be a nice gift.