Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MotU Season 1 Encyclopedia #1 (of 5) Talkback [Merged]

MotU Season 1 Encyclopedia #1 (of 5) Talkback

An all-new, info-packed “who’s who” guide covering all the MOTU cartoons and comics! Tired of wimpy source books that don’t have the details you crave? Crammed with more facts than you can shake a Power Sword at, this data-drenched issue covers everyone from Prince Adam to Evil-Lyne—plus detailed summaries of the Season One cartoon episodes and Volume 1 of the comic series!
    This issue will appear in comic shops on Wednesday, the 3rd of December.
    This thread will be opened on that day to allow fans the opportunity to share responses and reactions to the comic.

Let the reviews begin. :-)

…I love Classics…
    …but 200X is my Masters of the Universe...
    { My Band | Twitter Me! | MastersCast | Lioncourt's Musings | Ping Me }

Man-3-Faces
    Damn good thing I know when it comes out now.So I will have it today,hopefuly.

The Cover Is AMAZING!

Count Marzo, you will BE HAPPY!
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Re: The Cover Is AMAZING!

Originally posted by zodak74
    Count Marzo, you will BE HAPPY!
    I thought I was going to be able to wizz through this and post a quick review... but there's A TON of reading to do so it looks like a review waits til after work. But man, this has my mouth watering! I didn't realize this would include info about Marzo, Dekker and Evil-Seed! TOO COOL!
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

I really enjoyed info on:

*The stats on each Hero and Warrior
    *Detail information on how Beast Man's power works
    *The comic image of Buzz-Off, CountMarzo, EvilSeed and Dekker.
    and
    * The Eternian Map
    *The information on how Count Marzo, Evil Lyn and other magic bringers use there magic from three different sources! I wonder is the Soceress is a deity? hmmm!

Can't wait for the others... really good idea to make the covers all come together.
    I am the center of my own Universe!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope I can find a copy of this book, it sounds like a worthwhile purchase! But then...isn't any MOTU comic a must buy?

djsully3
    Woo-hah! Just bought it and flipped through really quickly ... looks sweet!

So there's just one cover to issue 1, right? And then a poster will be formed with all 5?

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    I sense this will be a stocking stuffer from my parents.

Quick question: Will this be avalable online to order?
    please say yes... ;_;
    Last edited by Meta Ray Mek; December 3, 2003 at 03:01pm.
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

BIG DADDY SINISTER
    I bought it about two hours ago: along with my regular stack, I've got a HELLUVA lot of readin' to do...

I've skimmed through it briefly, and what I see, I love. As stated in the introduction, this tome was heavily inspired by Marvel's Official Handbook series from way back, which still stands as the best compilation of character stats, history and specifications in the comics biz. The MOTU Encyclopedia is a worthy challenger to that title. It seems to have taken the best features of that series and applied them here, and the result is an even more comprehensive and detailed guide to modern MOTU lore than I'd hoped, at least up to the end of the TV series season one.

I love the attribute ratings with accompanying explanations; I see the influence of Marvel's Deluxe Edition Handbook here. But I do have to take issue with a couple of ratings. I've always considered Clawful somewhat stronger than Beast Man, perhaps a rating higher. And I did suppose that the two of them would be able to lift considerably more than 2-10 tons. And I'd figured Marzo and Evil-Lyn's fighting abilities would be higer, judging from their performance on the show...but these are points for later debate amongst my fellow Orgies...I'm enjoying the hell outta this book, and I've only read about a quarter of it so far!

Overall, I gotta declare this book as a MUST HAVE for even the most casual fan of MOTU: if you're a member of this site and you let this book pass you buy, you are a FOOL.

Can someone post a pic of the cover?

djsully3
    Someone post a pic of the back too! H-O-R-D-A-K! What's that spell?! Hordak!

djsully3
    here's a cover pic, courtesy of mycomicshop.com

http://www.mycomicshop.com/webpics/BAAI1001.JPG

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    BY CROM!!!

My hometown comic shop's already sold out!!!

Apparently, the only copies they got in were for subscribers, and it's been a good year since I was buying enough comics to use the subscription service.

So now I have to go to other comic shops in the area tomorow to try and find a copy. Luckily, I know a couple little out of the way ones.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Heroic Warrior of Avion

Re: Re: The Cover Is AMAZING!

Originally posted by zodak74
    I thought I was going to be able to wizz through this and post a quick review... but there's A TON of reading to do so it looks like a review waits til after work. But man, this has my mouth watering! I didn't realize this would include info about Marzo, Dekker and Evil-Seed! TOO COOL!
    *grins*

Busta (aka Mr. Eatock) certainly outdid himself, didn't he? Matt did a fantastic job on the layout and design, Enza and Emiliano did incredible jobs on the drawings for each character, and Val did a bang-up job on the coloring.

I know I'm biased, but I think our encyclopedia issues stand right up there with the character guides released from other publishers of '80s properties.

We still haven't gotten our studio copies yet ( ), but I'm looking forward to seeing this thing in print.

I hope you guys enjoy it and feel you got your money's worth!

Take care,
    Leanne

Will this be sold online at MVCs store, esp. before Christmas?

That would make my day, heh. X_x;

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Originally posted by the parasite eve
    Will this be sold online at MVCs store, esp. before Christmas?
    I would assume so

Take care,
    Leanne

Sweet! I'll keep my eyes on the MVC store for the next few days. =D

Re: Re: Re: The Cover Is AMAZING!

Originally posted by StratosMacca
    I hope you guys enjoy it and feel you got your money's worth!
    Oh yeah, this is definately worth the cover price! This exceeds my expectations. Great job guys.

My most heartfelt thanks to everyone involved with this encyclopedia. It has certainly exceeded my expectations. Great work everyone!
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

Great cover concept, looks nice. From what Ive looked at so far it's a great value and very informative. These 5 issues and the Icons of Evil are certainly going to be pinned up on my wall.
    Disclaimer:
    All above statements reflect my own opinions or beliefs, if these opinions or beliefs conflict with your opinions or beliefs please feel free to ignore any and all statements posted above at your own discretion.

"It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!" – Andrew Jackson

djsully3
    This thing is so much cooler now that I've finally had a chance to look at it (a second flip-through ... then comes the big read). Heheh, I like the stats you added for everyone ... reminds me of the old Marvel cards from waaaay back in the day. Great job, fellas!

there is no better encyclopedia than this!!!

i like how the covers will connect together to make one huge picture. i laso noticed there was not one single ad. this will please many since they get WAY more than they pay for. i assume you can do this due to the cross promotions with mattel and MYProductions?

this is just great and can't wait to see the next issue. not a page was wasted....well except that first page giving credit where it is due

i noticed a gramatical error in the intro paragragh(the sentence about trapjaw). sorry i just notice these sort of things(but i still do have typos in my posts, how hypocritical huh?)

i love the little details here and there. it really brings it all together. i would love to see some sort of comprehensive timeline in the last issue though.

oh, and if you are going alphabetically then i suppose ther giants(i.e. Adzar) won't be included in the encyclopedia??

sorry too many questions for you and i raelly have to get back to reading this monster again. even after the nitpicks...it's better than we deserve. thank you
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Originally posted by King Kahn
    oh, and if you are going alphabetically then i suppose ther giants(i.e. Adzar) won't be included in the encyclopedia??
    I thought this to, but they may all just be listed under "The Giants" Also under this alphabetical listing, Chief Carnivus looks like he's cut as well.

Also, my question is if it will be these four topics (cartoon, comics, characters, and vehicles) for all five issues. Idon't see the comics section taking up more than another 2-3 issues. My personal dream would be if there was a "Races" section with just general info on the different spacies of Eternia.
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

I haven't gone to the comic store today, so I'll have to go tomorrow to pick this up. I've been looking forward to it.

By the way, how much does #1 cost?
    ----------
    The Zed Word: Zombie Blog
    Zombie movie reviews and news
    http://www.zedwordblog.blogspot.com