Thread: "Orko's Missing Magic" Official Classic Episode Review Thread!

"Orko's Missing Magic" Official Classic Episode Review Thread!

EP # 40 "Orko's Missing Magic"

When practicing a magic spell, Orko's magic is accidentally stolen by a small creature called a Gronk, which teleports to another world. He-man and orko to another world by help from the sorceress to a planet named Omiros to recover orko's magic back. Once there he-man and orko find out that an evil wizard named Zolt is using orko's magic to control the planet Omiros.

carlo
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

This is a fave and a defenite classic
    orko looses his magic goes to another world w hemans help takes on the zolt takes back the grunk. then the sorceress revives orkos magic and of course orko then in his ritual ending get duncan all wet after giving presents to the king and queen with his magic,
    all in all id give the ep a 10 since orko learned also that u dont have to give gifts to be loved
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

this ep is one of my fav's when it comes to the theme music in it. The intro..is awesome..and it goes on till orko is seen.

I also just love the Great detailed animation on this ep. The story line is great also..very smooth from start till end. It's not rushed, just perfect.

Hey Carlo,

This is definitely one of my favorite classic eps! Perhaps it's most notable in my mind because its the premier of the Sorceress patent "Vanna White move": the gesture she uses to open a dimensional portal is both grand and elegant, and the animation is superb. Although we see the "Vanna White" move again in the She-Ra episode "Look-Kee Lends a Hand," I much prefer it in "Orko's Missing Magic" because it has a better sound effect that for some reason is not used in the POP version of her spell.

This episode also stands out because it has several well animated panning shots--first in Orko's bedroom, then in the alien world as He-Man and Orko survey their surroundings. Both are very colorful and whimsical,providing a true sense of fantasy as opposed to some of the more sci-fi based episodes.

I love the story from start to finish. Tick and Tock stick out as one (or should it be two?) of the BEST guest character(s) in the entire series. I love how they accuse He-Man of being a demon, and how they "accidentally" defeat the evil wizard zolt by landing on him.

Perhaps my favorite part is how they try to reconstruct the Sorceress's dimensional gate. I remember cracking up as a child when they made the pretzle shaped portal. "Zingle Zorm, please reform!" Their magic words are also hilarious.

This episode is top notch in my book, and I'd recommend it to any He-Man fan. I give it 8 out of 10 stars!
    Last edited by Blue; December 21, 2003 at 12:56am.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Chris here...

This episode was a favourite of mine when I was a kid! I haven't watched it for two or three years to be honest, but I remember still enjoying it.

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Originally posted by Blue
    Hey Carlo,

This is definitely one of my favorite classic eps! Perhaps it's most notable in my mind because its the premier of the Sorceress patent "Vanna White move": the gesture she uses to open a dimensional portal is both grand and elegant, and the animation is superb.

i see what you mean now..

Originally posted by Blue

This episode also stands out because it has several well animated panning shots--first in Orko's bedroom, then in the alien world as He-Man and Orko survey their surroundings. Both are very colorful and whimsical,providing a true sense of fantasy as opposed to some of the more sci-fi based episodes.

very true, that's just really awesome. i love ep's with great detailed colorful animation.

good eye there Blue

I'm glad you enjoyed the comments, Carlo. I never would have posted them if it weren't for your thread!

I've often thought that those panning shots mentioned in my prior post would have made awesome bookmarks!

Oh another piece of animation I like is when Tick and Tock want to shake He-Man's hand, and He-Man laughs as he sees there are too many hands being offered.

This is an all around strong episode. Not just for the animation, but also for the story and the moral lesson involved. Certainly one of the best non-Skeletor episodes in the entire series.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

back by some-what popular demand to fellow new members, thank for the e-mails guys

since the dvd's are out now, what better way to give us your feedback on our beloved classic toon

This was an awesome episode. Tick and Tock, and Zolt, were superb one-shot characters. The show had a nice comedic edge, and also featured He-Man having to rely on his intellect as much as his brawn to defeat the villian of the day, which was a nice touch.

Definitely amongst the very best non-Skeletor episodes of He-Man.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Well, it seems I'm going to disagree with the majority on this one. While I didn't *dislike* this episode as such (and it's far from bottom of the barrel), I can't say it ever stood out to me as a particularly outstanding one either.

Tick Tock was a nice creation (never knew if it was supposed to be a cameo from him as one of the captured beings in "The Heart Of A Giant" or if it was just cheap design re-usage), and the story wasn't all that bad I suppose, but there are many far better non-Skeletor episodes that I can think of than this one.

A short-but-sweet review from me on this one. Well, what else do you expect at 1:40 am? Look out for some longer ones tomorrow.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Hun
    Orko's missing magic is a classic. One of the funniest episode of all. The best non-Skeletor episode IMO.

Howdy

I don't like this episode. I found it rather droll. I like Orko and it is cool they focus on him but I don't know I just found it rather boring. I can't really put my finger on it.

I do like how He-Man tricks the guy at the end though with telling him to hold up his Power Sword then shoutung "By the Power of Grayskull"...qaulity.

also of note: nearly all of the creatures in this ep re-appear in The Heart of Giant, thankfully so does the great Gorgon.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Have this episode on tape... with Pavarotti dubbed over the original audio... hate audio dub button on VCRs...

Anyway, I watched this ep recently with full audio... average ep with an eerie look.

5/10
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Have this episode on tape... with Pavarotti dubbed over the original audio...
    Some might say that it would actually improve the episode!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...