Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Rise of the Snake Men" #3 (of 3) Talkback

"Rise of the Snake Men" #3 (of 3) Talkback

"The crazed conclusion—that sets the tone for the upcoming ongoing series! Will Zodak remain a wildcard, or will he join the Masters to stop the Snake Men from conquering all of Eternia? It’s good vs. good, good vs. evil, and evil vs. evil in this non-stop, all-action issue!"

This thread will open on Wednesday, the 17th.

Cool- it's early! I thought we weren't getting this until next week, but sure enough I found #3 at my comic shop during my lunch break. I have a hard time deciding which cover is my favorite... they are all so freaking good (and worthy of poster-sized blow-ups!). I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but don't walk- RUN!- and pick up the final issue!!!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I'm so glad that the comic book (unlike the toyline) is always available when it is supposed to be. I can not drive a car, and so I need to walk 2 miles into town whenever I want figures or comic books. Nothing is worse then a 4 mile walk in which I find nothing new.

To the topic at hand though. . .WOW! I REALLY enjoyed this issue a lot. The thing I did not like about the cartoon version was that we see Hssss' armies on the move, and then when they arrive at Grayskull there's a small squad of like 30 men. Where did his army go? The idea that there were days to prepare for an epic battle makes much more sence to me.

I have decided that for my own personal canon, I will use the comic book version of ROSM in place of the cartoon (with the exception of Skeletor not being turned to stone. . .I liked that )

Thanks to everyone that was involved in this wonderful mini-series.

(Remembered one thing I wanted to say . . . When Zodak kept slamming Rattlor's face into the ground over and over. . . AMAZING )
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

I finished reading it and what can I say? It's miles above the cartoon! Don't get me wrong, I loved the first episode but part two, like many others felt, was lacking. ROTSM The Comic Series fleshes everything out nicely. Thank you Val & co. for including Sy-Klone in the battle against the snakes. I always thought his power could tip the scales in He-Man's favor! Little differences like Mek being turned to stone, the Sorceress being bit on the leg, the bloodshed, He-Man chopping Rattlor's tail off ( ), Evil-Lyn's inner dialogue, and Zodak roundhouse-kicking Snake Face's statue form into the abyss made this issue a stand-out from the cartoon version. I love the artwork and am going to miss this artist's particular take on the MOTU characters. Though I am sure I will fall in love with Emiliano's work all over again come February!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Originally posted by zodak74
    Cool- it's early! I thought we weren't getting this until next week, but sure enough I found #3 at my comic shop during my lunch break. I have a hard time deciding which cover is my favorite... they are all so freaking good (and worthy of poster-sized blow-ups!). I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but don't walk- RUN!- and pick up the final issue!!!
    Whoa there are two covers?? The main stream variant covers are back awesome. I got to go out and get both tomorrow

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

oops!

No no no!
    I meant deciding which cover between issues 1, 2 and 3 were the best (ducks flying bricks from Val)

There's only ONE cover as far as I know Phew!

Re: oops!

Originally posted by zodak74
    No no no!
    I meant deciding which cover between issues 1, 2 and 3 were the best (ducks flying bricks from Val)

There's only ONE cover as far as I know Phew!
    Oh ok thats cool Now to wait for the variants to arrive

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall

The Dark Knight BigDaddy Grayskull's Avatar
    great job as always by MVC
    By The Power of.... BigDaddy!!

"If you will not hear the Truth, no one can tell you."

Batman:YTB Batman...Yesterday, Today and Beyond! Home of the Internet's Biggest and Best website and forum regarding Batman!

.Org Wrestling Discussion WWE,TNA and whatever else youd like to talk about. The absolute greatest discussion forum for wrestling fans.. ever!

Heavy Metal Warlord Hessianking's Avatar
    Bah! My comic shop didn't get it in. Well, that stinks for me. Guess I'll have to buy it online.
    -Hessianking

Great Comic I must say I loved the battle between Zodak and The General, I would have loved to see that animated because it would have brought an adult edge to the cartoon and shown Zodak is sooo not in control of himself

I love the cover and love the last frame, because unlike the cartoon which the Snakemen were thrown to Subternia and we were not told what happened the last pane left me salivating for more

Good job Val and the MVC gang, our shop was almost sold out after only 3-4 hours!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Well I got the last copy of ROTSM #3 and must say its awesome

I am going to read it again. Now to look forward to the Encyclopidia #2 as well as the ongoing series

Brent

Overall, this wasn't bad.
    I LOVE Jeremy's colors. He's using painter isn't he? Love them blends.

I am disapointed however with how the battle between Sorceress and Hsss was handled. Having seen it in the cartoon, that to me should have been given more than one page. It needed at least a two page spread, if not more. I was really looking forward to how Tong would handle it and when I got there it was like... eh? Done already?
    Same with Zodak and Hsss. I wanted to see some half page to full page action panels. It all felt over-paneled and crunched.
    I mean c'mon, these are your climactic battles and on the opposite page we have a quarter panel of He-Man strangling Rattlor? Which should have been more important?

That is my only real gripe. I don't have many when it comes to MOTU, in fact it suprised me as I started typing this.

Nonetheless, in the end, this has been a great mini series with fresh, great quality artwork. I am in awe with how you guys can pull it off each month. Please take my gripe as coming from one who maybe had his expectations too high. I also understand you have a lot to wrap up in this issue with only so many pages, that's a challenge that I'm sure, is often difficult to wrangle.

Thanks Val, Andie, Jeremy, et crew!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Stratos88
    Another great comic. Gotta love the violence.

Great work MVC!

Todd4LOM
    I dug it. I didn't get the first 2 issues cuz my comic shop under-ordered, and I don't have cable so the recap really came in handy.

Please don't waste any time releasing the trade paperback edition! When you do, I hope it's manga sized like the vol 1 trade is.

This was another great comic. Now I can't wait until the on-going series.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I really enjoyed ROTSM part 3! It was a lot better, for the most part, than part 2 of the cartoon. Zodak is out of control, man! There's a guy with more issues than a magazine stand. Zodak vs. Rattlor was great.
    Evil-Lyn is frightening when she's POed huh? Damn! I thought the snake-lemmings in the 'toon were funny, but the Evil-Lyn version of events in the comic was scary.
    The only thing I didn't like in the comic version of this story, as opposed to the cartoon version, was Skeletor being turned to stone by Snake-Face. IMO, Skeletor is way too powerful for Snake-Face's stare to affect him. Perhaps that's why they decided to change that in the tv script.
    Anywho, it was really fun to read and more adult than the cartoon, which I liked.

Pennypunk
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

sounds like it was awesome. can't wait to get my copy on tommorrow.

Did He-Man really cut off Rattlor's tail? To me it looked more like it was pulled off, like a salamander's tail.
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

Evil Renegade Time Lord TheMaster's Avatar
    It was awsome a whole lot better than the cartoon
    help find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis

May is now National Cystic Fibrosis awareness Month

Inside the Sun lives the Ice People and Inside the Freezer lives the Fire Daemons!!!!!!

Originally posted by Caliban
    Did He-Man really cut off Rattlor's tail? To me it looked more like it was pulled off, like a salamander's tail.
    Yeah, He-Man sliced that bad boy off. He did pull off the tail of a generic snake man earlier, though.

I thought that was lizards who could do the old removable tail trick, not snakes.
    Then again, snakes can't stretch out their arms or turn people to stone, so I guess I can let that sssssssslide.

I noticed Rattlor (I think) made a comment about how Zodak was just a Eternian mortal, not a real cosmic enforcer. Did that come up in the cartoon version? Maybe the real enforcers are aliens like the 4 Horsemen's original sketch.

This issue was great. I'm happy they explained that the snake army will follow Hsss anywhere, and how the army moves as one. Makes more sense to have them jumping into the abyss after Zodak tosses him in. And Evil Lyn's little trick at the end is a wonderful way to explain the snake mens' reduction in number for the ongoing series.

Much better conclusion overall than the cartoon.

Jamie
    "Sometimes incredibly stupid is clever enough for me." -Sam Malone

I actually enjoyed the cartoon version a bit more than the comics. Both had their good points and both had their bad spots.

The battle between the Sorceress and King Hsss was better in the cartoon. The cartoon had more tension than the comic in my eyes.

What a great issue! It was full of action and great art. I especially like the picture of He-Man's power sword reflecting SnakeFace's face. I guess my favorite part was Evil-Lyn's display of power and it bringing a supposed end to the Snakemen. Another example of how powerful she is and how full of wrath she can be. King Hiss seemed to show her greater appreciation in the comic than in the cartoon.

Did anyone else notice the purple panthor on the "Tales of the Realm" ad? Is there really a purple panthor in this series or is this an easter egg? Except for the gentle manner, this cat looks almost exactly like Panthor.

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Originally posted by He-Fan2002
    Did anyone else notice the purple panthor on the "Tales of the Realm" ad? Is there really a purple panthor in this series or is this an easter egg? Except for the gentle manner, this cat looks almost exactly like Panthor.
    There really is a purple panther in the Realm book.

Take care,
    Leanne <-- Who digs the cover to Realm #5...

I dig the panel where MAA smashes Khan in the face with his mace. How do artists get the "motion captured" affect in comic books like with MAA's club in that scene? I have noticed this tool being used a lot in LeSean's TMNT comics from Dreamwave.

I love the different style Tong brought to this series. Plus the colors seemed to be right on. I thought there were too many panels as Baena pointed out. I guess Emiliano has spoiled us with his detailed one pagers of Evil-Lyn, Skeletor, and He-man