Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical "Masters of the Universe: #2 (Vol.3) Talkback

Offical "Masters of the Universe: #2 (Vol.3) Talkback

Thread opens on Wednesday the 19th of May (yup, that's tomorrow) for dicussion. Have fun!

Ok, I''ve only seen the Preview, but this issue looks amazing! Especially Queen Marlena's design is fantastic. King Randor may look a bit young though...

Edit: Is it just me or do Randor and Adam tend to have very similar poses and gestures (like when the King leans against the pillar).?

Bah! I can't get the preview to load. All I get is Red X's and error messages.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

A Higher Quality Comic?

Haven't read it yet, but have looked through it. The first thing I've noticed (besides a lot of The Faceless One "screen time"... !!!), is that the pages are of a better quality paperwise, and the artwork and colors look a hell of a lot better than the previous comics (and they were great to begin with!). You guys are kicking some serious ass!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Would someone post up the names of the fanart artists who were included if indeed there was a fanart section. Its gonna be another two weeks before my the issue arrives to me and im dying to find out

This issue is a little light on the action, but the story and the art (with kickass colours) make up for it.

I loved the easter eggs in the Faceless One's den (for lack of a better term ). and finally some Skeletor again. The whole poisoning idea is killer... and makes Despondos that much more intriguing.

Augh, another 3 weeks untill issue 3!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oh_kitten

I loved the easter eggs in the Faceless One's den (for lack of a better term )
    Not all of them are easter eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano
    Not all of them are easter eggs
    What does THAT mean?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Some are scrambled eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74
    What does THAT mean?
    AHAHAHAHAH!

British Spy in the Sky Lord of Avion's Avatar
    Just bought the comic and found the incentive cover to boot. The comic rulz!!. I'm glad to see Skeletor in the mix of this story arc and not like the cartoon where he runs to hide. Great job Val and Co. I'm looking forward to # 3
    Although I yearn for nothing more than a peaceful Eternia
    If fight I must....Then Fight I will.
    ~King Grayskull~

Props to Lori!

What easter eggs in the Faceless ones' house?

I saw the others and laughed.

Yay, Tri-Klops is in it It's about time!!! Not enough Teela, but I'll deal...somehow. The cover kicked major ass. The story was nice too. I like seeing the queen. I liked this one better than the last.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia
    What easter eggs in the Faceless ones' house?

I saw the others and laughed.

Yay, Tri-Klops is in it It's about time!!! Not enough Teela, but I'll deal...somehow. The cover kicked major ass. The story was nice too. I like seeing the queen. I liked this one better than the last.
    Easter Egg Spoilers below

Aside from the eternia portrait...he has snake mountain (from the 80s toyline)and point dread and the talon fighter on his bookshelf...that's all i got so far.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

" Sorceress of Night " evil-lyn4ever's Avatar
    It was nice seeing that the Faceless One played a major role in this one. I liked how he didn't really take anything off of King Hsss. The artwork was absolutely beautiful. I really liked the way that they did Queen Marlena. It was nice to see Skeletor once again, and I noticed that he had a white skull face for the first time in the comics. All, and all it was really nice. I just wish that Evil-Lyn had been in it, I can't get enough of her. LOL
    "Evil Lyn Sorceress of Night."

After giving it a read, I'd like to say that while there was no real action, the artwork and dialogue has really improved! I really loved the scene with Marlena and Adam (her best moment to date out of any of the continuities IMO), and loved the time spent in The Faceless One's lair! He keeps giving off a glow, which makes me think he is ScareGlow, but I guess I don't want to go there and end up drawing fire from the other fans... heh-heh...
    Poor Evil-Lyn... what will Skeletor do THIS TIME if he gets his hands on her?

Skeletor3614

just got mine

Love the story line so far, its great.. Cant wait for issue three have strong feeling Skeletor and King Hiss are going to cross each others path ....or down the line they both have something in common EVIL-LYN

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Well, storywise, I liked the issue, finally we are going somewhere with Skeletor now after Evil-Lyn, He-Man taking Evil-Lyn to Castle Grayskull, and Hssss most likely doing something to get the Serpent Medallion under his control. Can't wait to see all the respective parties meet up at Grayskull. One thing that didn't really work for me was the party at the beginning. The Kingdom thought the Snake Men were defeated once before, why just go and assume He-Man's defeating two Snake Men meant the threat was over?

As for the art, it's much better, less rushed looking then last time, but I wish you guys would go with Emiliano one issue, Enza the next, but that's just me liking my issues to have one artist all the way through.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Can you guys/gals at least try to post spoiler warnings in order not to ruin the surprise for those who are looking to find the hidden things?
    Sheesh.

I deleted any post that didn't do that.

Learn the hard way, I suppose.
    Next person will have to deal with a visit from the ferret!
    *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull
    One thing that didn't really work for me was the party at the beginning. The Kingdom thought the Snake Men were defeated once before, why just go and assume He-Man's defeating two Snake Men meant the threat was over?
    um, well, they're convinced hKing Hiss is dead, and that's a big deal.
    If you think that many of the Snake Men have been killed in Rise of the Snake Men (the comic), many others have been captured durign last isssue (or during History), that leaves just a small gruop free and without a leader

As for the art, it's much better, less rushed looking then last time, but I wish you guys would go with Emiliano one issue, Enza the next, but that's just me liking my issues to have one artist all the way through.

I honestly don't think issue one was rushed. It took us the same time to be completed, but of course several things probably made it looking different.
    We got back to full pages after month of just illustraions, maybe it took a littel more time to get again the peace.
    But I think the main difference are the colors.
    Kevin had very little time to complete them. The new style we're using startign with issue 2 allow the colorsit to color in less time and the results seems to enanche more my and Enza's artwork.
    Not that Kevin was bad, but for that style of colring on our art , we needed more time than we had.

About having just one of us each issue, that's the problem:
    We started very late on the cancelled storyline for various reasons, and then we had to drop those two issue, write another story and start all over again.
    That took us too close to the release date for the book and the only why to catch up was to draw together on the each issue again.
    While I see your point I'm really enjoying sharing the pages with Enza.
    Both of us have kind of pages that we do better and having all the script done it's good to chose the best artist for a particular sequence.

Well, as long as they are never given names, stories of the past can be told, correct?

I loved that picture on Faceless One's wall. Propaganda, or not? I saw the people's faces in the conversation and could tell by the way they were drawn that they were based on real people. I just didn't know who they were. Looking forward to the next issue.
    http://www.FW4D.com

Fun With 4 Dimensions

A random humor strip updating every M,W,F

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Sorry bout that Val, didn't mean to offend

And Emiliano, it's nothing personal or anything, it's just I've always hated stuff that has a different artist every six pages or so. But I do understand the point about drawing the scenes that your artistically stronger at.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

You must have hated Uncanny X-Men 400 then.
    At least Emiliano and Enza mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    You must have hated Uncanny X-Men 400 then.
    At least Emiliano and Enza mesh.

And 273 and 352.

And Emiliano, it's nothing personal or anything .
    Oh no, don't worry, I wans't taking that as anything bad!
    Since doing one issue each was our original plan, I just wanted to explain why we did otherwise.